Mike Brown vs. Vagner Rocha, Ryan Jimmo vs. Karlos Vemola added to UFC on FX 1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Brown vs. Vagner Rocha, Ryan Jimmo vs. Karlos Vemola added to UFC on FX 1
Budgellism
11/29/11 4:50:43PM
The fight bookings are coming fast and furious.

UFC officials today announced a pair of new fights for UFC on FX 1, as Mike Brown (25-8 MMA, 1-3 UFC) vs. Vagner Rocha (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Ryan Jimmo (16-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Karlos Vemola (8-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) will each take place at the Jan. 20 event.

Additionally, a pair of bouts previously reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) were also confirmed, as Reza Madadi (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) meets Rafaello Oliviera (14-5 MMA, 1-4 UFC) and Jorge Rivera (19-9 MMA, 7-7 UFC) faces Eric Schafer (12-6-2 MMA, 3-5 UFC).

Featuring a headliner of Melvin Guillard vs. Jim Miller, UFC on FX 1 takes place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

LINK
FastKnockout
11/29/11 5:06:43PM
I'm surprised with the amount of new blood they are adding in the upcoming events.

EDIT: And I don't see Brown having much trouble with Rocha.
shaneTpain
11/29/11 5:44:49PM
WOW! Glad to see my hometown boy The Big Deal finally got himself a UFC contract. Hes gonna rip through Vemola no problem
Mackavelli
11/29/11 6:43:37PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Rocha is a horrible match up for Brown. Brown losses mostly by submissions and Rocha is a legit sub fighter. The guy swept Ellenburger and had him in trouble for the rest of the round. He easily wins this one.
Twenty20Dollars
11/29/11 7:03:19PM
Kinda excited to see Jimmo. Lots of matchups today.
DrivenDavies15
11/29/11 7:07:30PM
Ryan Jimmo I can see him being a legit threat in the UFC
FastKnockout
11/29/11 7:28:53PM

Posted by Mackavelli

Posted by FastKnockout

Rocha is a horrible match up for Brown. Brown losses mostly by submissions and Rocha is a legit sub fighter. The guy swept Ellenburger and had him in trouble for the rest of the round. He easily wins this one.

Different Rocha, different weight class.
Bubbles
11/29/11 7:55:34PM

Posted by shaneTpain

WOW! Glad to see my hometown boy The Big Deal finally got himself a UFC contract. Hes gonna rip through Vemola no problem

Vemola is going to run through him like he did Petruzelli
Mr_Dead_Sexy
11/29/11 9:27:48PM

Posted by Mackavelli

Posted by FastKnockout

That Rocha fights at 170. And besides, without looking at fight finder, name the last person to sub MTB.
Twenty20Dollars
11/29/11 10:17:20PM

Posted by Mr_Dead_Sexy

Posted by Mackavelli

Posted by FastKnockout

That Rocha fights at 170. And besides, without looking at fight finder, name the last person to sub MTB.

I had to look it up. Most of those sub losses were early in his career and years ago.
Cooler
11/29/11 11:06:53PM
Bye bye Vemola and probably Rivera.
tcunningham
11/30/11 3:07:21AM
NOOOO!! not jimmo. i cant take jimmo's style or personality. dammit