Mike Brown vs Urijah Faber set for WEC 41

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Brown vs Urijah Faber set for WEC 41
Mr_Dead_Sexy
3/24/09 12:47:58AM
A much discussed rematch between current WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown (17-4 MMA, 3-0 WEC) and the man from whom he took the belt, Urijah Faber (22-2 MMA, 7-1 WEC), has been signed according to a report from FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

The signing has since been confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

According to the report, the bout will headline the as-yet-unannounced WEC 41 event on June 7 at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

LINK
xphycorx
3/24/09 12:59:18AM
i can't wait. faber will win his belt back.
Mayhem13
3/24/09 1:10:41AM
Browns gonna keep his belt...but this fight will be a little more competitive then the first.

Mike Brown rnd 3 TKO
chickmagnet
3/24/09 1:18:39AM
Ya know i didnt think Brown would win the first fight....butnow I think he might KO Faber....he looked like a savage against Garcia, I thought Garcia was out cold when he hit him with that shot....Faber could win but I think MTB is a bad match-up for Faber, Brown having a wrestling background as well.
mach
3/24/09 2:46:28AM
Definitely goin with Brown this time around
EvenFlow
3/24/09 6:59:32AM
My original hunch was Brown in the 1st fight because of the power advantage but thought Faber would prevail on the ground. I see Brown dominating again regardless of Faber throwing reckless strikes or not. Faber was a great champion so his experience with being champ and the pain of losing it is a definate plus, should be a good one.

Posted by xphycorx
i cant want, faber will get his belt back.

You're from ATT and your picking Faber? Wait til I tell Pookie
juddy33
3/24/09 9:24:49AM
damn this is a WEC fight that I am UFC level excitec to see. gonna be a slobber knocker of a fight. I got brown tko in first. Brown is just to strong and powerful for faber. I still hope the fight goes longer to see the great mma skills of both fighters.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
3/24/09 10:08:22AM
going wih Brown I think, maybe I dont know lol he definitely turned heads though, the way he mauled garcia
emfleek
3/24/09 10:24:57AM
I'm not too quick to jump on the Mike Brown bandwagon just yet.

I think Faber wins and does so convincingly.
Twenty20Dollars
3/24/09 10:53:48AM
I have no clue on this fight. My first thought would be brown wins it tko.

But then again faber isnt going to come in as wild as he did last time. Maybe he will be quicker also. But should be a good war.
wiggum
3/24/09 11:01:48AM
ive always thought faber was overated, tho i did pick faber to win the first time around due to the fact that i hadnt watched brown fight in a couple years and was stupidly basing my opionon on him from then (i even missed the curran fight)....now that ive gone back and watched a few, im caught up.....i think that faber is a talented fighter but falters when faced with the higher level of competition....im picking brown tko, but this time 2nd or 3rd rd....i dont think faber will be as wild as last time, but he will eventually get put down again
wrona666
3/24/09 12:07:54PM
I think Faber is going to fight a much smarter fight this time around....I think he will wear Brown down and sub him in one of the later rounds.......
higdon10
3/24/09 1:30:16PM
MTB is a beast. Rnd 2 KO.
Subterfuge
3/24/09 5:08:50PM
I hope Faber gets KTFO again.
prozacnation1978
3/24/09 6:29:03PM
i would not be surprised if this goes 5 rounds
komodo20
3/24/09 8:11:22PM
Mike Brown second round KO
whardin19
3/24/09 9:42:23PM
Everyone here seems to be a Mike Brown bandwagon jumper. I like Brown as a competitor and he's a really good fighter, and a beast at 145. But, you all have to remember I personally think Urijah was winning that fight before he got caught. He will NOT get caught again. Urijah beats Brown up to a UD win.
urbman
3/24/09 10:33:46PM
I don't think Faber will come in so wreckless in his approach this time now that he knows what Brown is capable of.
postman
3/24/09 10:53:03PM

Posted by whardin19

Everyone here seems to be a Mike Brown bandwagon jumper. I like Brown as a competitor and he's a really good fighter, and a beast at 145. But, you all have to remember I personally think Urijah was winning that fight before he got caught. He will NOT get caught again. Urijah beats Brown up to a UD win.

I don't remember that fight punch for punch but I seem to remember thinking man Faber has nothing for Brown. Didn't Brown put Faber down once before he knocked him out?
emfleek
3/25/09 11:08:51AM

Posted by postman

I don't remember that fight punch for punch but I seem to remember thinking man Faber has nothing for Brown. Didn't Brown put Faber down once before he knocked him out?

Faber lost his balance and wash shoved resulting in him going down...he wasn't "put" down by any means.

The fight itself was rather uneventful...neither fighter really got the better of the other during the exchanges. It was pretty even in the clinch even though that was only about 20 seconds worth of the fight.

That whole fight boils down to one thing...Faber got cocky and got caught. Brown, by no means, dominated him.

Urijah will learn from his mistakes...

FIGHT VIDEO
postman
3/25/09 6:42:15PM
Yeah just watched the fight I was wrong I think Brown was winning the round but by no means did either guy dominate that fight. Thank you emfleek for the video Brown did push him down. I think this is going to be a great fight and to say either is going to smash the other is a injustice to the other fighter.