Miguel Torres On Twitter Last Night

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Miguel Torres On Twitter Last Night
Next Page »
DCRage
6/17/10 10:56:00AM
Apparently twittering on Cyborgs and...Cubs?
emfleek
6/17/10 10:58:32AM
Torres is ALWAYS posting stuff like this on Twitter. The dude is hilarious.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/17/10 11:18:08AM

I told myself something to that effect when i saw her (or him) lifting him(or her) in the air after the win. It was really something, kinda disturbing
hate4thestate
6/17/10 11:38:34AM
yea unfortunatly no matter who wins i was saying cyborg loses cause of what he goes home with... (if i say jk is it not fighter bashing?) jk:)
Giant_Ochai
6/17/10 4:08:11PM
Maybe Mr. 2-Losses-In-A-Row should be training instead of speculating on the sex lives of the Cyborgs.
emfleek
6/17/10 4:11:32PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Maybe Mr. 2-Losses-In-A-Row should be training instead of speculating on the sex lives of the Cyborgs.

Yes, because all fighters should train 24-7.
theruler_
6/17/10 7:48:02PM
so miguel is a drinker eh

miguel will be doing the "catching" if he isn't careful
whardin19
6/17/10 7:52:00PM
Torres is freaking hilarious! I enjoy reading his tweets. He is only saying what we were all wondering.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/17/10 8:19:30PM
I said it before and I'll say it again...I would smash female Cyborg if I had the chance. Something about her, I dunno...that being said, though, the whole lifting in the air thing was kind of weird.
theruler_
6/17/10 8:30:35PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I said it before and I'll say it again...I would smash female Cyborg if I had the chance. Something about her, I dunno...that being said, though, the whole lifting in the air thing was kind of weird.

i think she's sexy in a scary-violent fetish sort of way! i met her last year in vegas and she has had me under her spell ever since
BlueSkiesBurn
6/17/10 8:40:46PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Jackelope
6/21/10 8:23:35PM
To me this looks like a Triple U comment.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/21/10 8:29:14PM
Triple U? What's that? The Rome thing?
Jackelope
6/21/10 9:05:03PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Uninspired, Unintelligent, Unfunny - a Triple U. Like that guy who walks into the convenience store when the beer guy is dropping off beers and says "Hey, you can just leave some of those in my truck!" Hah. Hah. Hah. Real funny, dude. Like no one has ever said that joke before.

Basically it means he's not being very creative and therefore not very funny.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/21/10 9:16:20PM
Ah, okay, similar.
Jackelope
6/21/10 9:19:14PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Ah, okay, similar.

Yeah, it's a Jim Rome/Jungle thing. But from the way you worded it I got the impression you weren't super familiar with it.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/21/10 9:22:32PM
You're gonna give me negative props for this but my first thought was that you meant to say a "Triple H comment" since the U is right above the H. It took a minute to process since I've never heard anyone other than Romey say that. At least not in CA.
Jackelope
6/21/10 9:32:25PM
It's the first time I've ever said it (/typed it) that I can recall. Seems appropriate in this case.

I've met both of the Cyborgs before and they're some of the nicest people I've ever met in the fight game. Cristiane is actually not that terrible looking in person. I've seen much uglier chicks just walking around the street every day. I have a lot of respect for what she has accomplished and I most definitely respect the wars and heart her husband has put into the game. I think this comment by Torres, if it's really him, is just a stupid joke but something that is a very rude and unnecessary thing to say about two very nice people. So yeah I'm being vocal and calling the comment a triple U based on that.

It's not like you and your buddies have never talked about that same crap before. It's totally unoriginal.

(This post was more of a general comment on the thread itself. Not an attack on anyone in particular)
BlueSkiesBurn
6/21/10 9:50:27PM
I've been pretty vocal about the fact that I think Cristiane is hot and received a lot of flack for it. I know you weren't directing that at me, I just wanted to say she is hot one more time.
emfleek
6/23/10 10:21:59AM
More from Torres...

"A man is making sex to his girlfriend doggystyle, she turns to him and says... you are such a pediphile. He then says to her... pediphile, thats a big word for a 10 year old." -Miguel Torres

"People are calling me sexist, thank you very much. I love sex." -Miguel Torres

"Whats the best thing about having sex with 27 year olds? ...There are 20 of them..." -Miguel Torres
BlueSkiesBurn
6/23/10 2:34:08PM

Now those are in poor taste.

BTW, Fleek, BITCHIN' AV.
emfleek
6/23/10 2:53:50PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Now those are in poor taste.

I love 'em. I don't take jokes to heart.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/23/10 3:08:22PM
I have a hard time with underage jokes.
emfleek
6/23/10 3:12:41PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I have a hard time with underage jokes.

Meh. A joke's a joke as far as I'm concerned.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/23/10 3:16:30PM
I can respect that. Believe me I know every foul joke on the planet, I just think that there's a time and place that you should use that material, if that makes sense. A forum like twitter probably isn't the best place to be making jokes about banging underaged girls. Amongst your friends, fine by me.
emfleek
6/23/10 3:24:01PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I can respect that. Believe me I know every foul joke on the planet, I just think that there's a time and place that you should use that material, if that makes sense. A forum like twitter probably isn't the best place to be making jokes about banging underaged girls. Amongst your friends, fine by me.

But at the same time, if you follow Miguel on Twitter, you know exactly how he is. You can't go to an R-rated movie and complain about the language or sex scenes afterwards.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/23/10 3:26:26PM
Very true and I wouldn't but I don't follow Torres on twitter. :D Actually, now that I think about it, I follow Nick Nolte, he's probably worse.
bjj1605
6/26/10 7:04:58PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Uninspired, Unintelligent, Unfunny - a Triple U. Like that guy who walks into the convenience store when the beer guy is dropping off beers and says "Hey, you can just leave some of those in my truck!" Hah. Hah. Hah. Real funny, dude. Like no one has ever said that joke before.

Basically it means he's not being very creative and therefore not very funny.

I'm sure he didn't mean to be personally insulting, but I agree that it's not something that you need to make public or put in writing.... especially now that all tweets are recorded in the Library of congress. It might be something I'd say to my friends when we were sitting around watching the fights, but I wouldn't say it on Twitter where he can see it because it can obviously be hurtful. The other jokes Fleek posted aren't that original either, I've heard everyone of them before, if with slight variations. EX: "My ex-girlfriend called me today to tell me I was a pedofile. I just paused for a second and said, 'Wow, that's an awfully big word for a 6 year old.'"

But the Beers thing you said made me laugh because it got me thinking. I'm a server at a family restaurant to help pay my way through college. I've heard every corny joke in the book. I had one table who pulled out just about every one of them. When I walk up, "I'll have a Sam Adams." (It's well known we don't sell alcohol.) When I drop of the food, Me: "Anything else I can get you?" Him: "HOW ABOUT THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS!! HAHAHAHA!" When I give him the check, "Oh you mean we have to pay for this? The sign out front said free food!" Then point to his 5 year old son, "Give him the bill."

FYI Guys, if you don't know it. Your server has likely heard most of these types of jokes a hundred times. If they laugh it's for bigger tips.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm sure Miguel didn't mean to be malicious. Probably just a maturity thing/judgment error. I met the guy at a BJJ Tournament up here in Chicago. He seemed very cool and down to earth. He was sitting in a hot crowded gym eating a hot dog in the bleachers with everyone else and didn't turn anyone away when they interrupted him eating to ask for an autograph or picture, or maybe just to say "Hey Miguel, can't wait to see you get your title back!"
BlueSkiesBurn
6/26/10 7:57:57PM

Posted by bjj1605

But the Beers thing you said made me laugh because it got me thinking. I'm a server at a family restaurant to help pay my way through college. I've heard every corny joke in the book. I had one table who pulled out just about every one of them. When I walk up, "I'll have a Sam Adams." (It's well known we don't sell alcohol.) When I drop of the food, Me: "Anything else I can get you?" Him: "HOW ABOUT THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS!! HAHAHAHA!" When I give him the check, "Oh you mean we have to pay for this? The sign out front said free food!" Then point to his 5 year old son, "Give him the bill."

FYI Guys, if you don't know it. Your server has likely heard most of these types of jokes a hundred times. If they laugh it's for bigger tips.

Thank you. I'm tired of the retarded jokes aimed at servers. I've heard them all like six million times. They are weak sauce.
Gogoplatapus
6/26/10 9:06:31PM
I just watched some Bob Sagat stand up from 1984, he does the 20 7 year olds joke, I wonder if he made it up?
Pages: [1] 2