Was Miguel Torres second UFC firing also rape joke related?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Was Miguel Torres second UFC firing also rape joke related?
Shawn91111
8/30/12 6:42:08PM
Well this is just friggin’ unbelievable. If a new report from Dave Meltzer at Wrestling Observer is accurate, Miguel Torres‘s recent UFC re-firing wasn’t due to his knockout loss to Michael McDonald earlier this year. Allegedly, it was due to the same lapse in judgement/humor/decency that got him fired the first time. As Meltzer writes:

The cutting of Miguel Torres was disciplinary in nature although it was not said what the cause was, only that he was cut. His record wasn’t bad, with a knockout loss to Michael McDonald who is going to be a top star (provided his hands don’t keep betraying him as he’s already broken them a couple of times) and a close loss to Demetrious Johnson, both top guys. He made the r*** joke on twitter and was fired, then brought back, and apparently he made some sort of a similar mistake.

LINK
Kpro
8/30/12 6:49:15PM
Don't two negatives make a positive?
Poor_Franklin
8/30/12 6:51:12PM
some folks never learn. i'm not against to the sense of humor. i'm against the stupidity of tweeting stupid shit after being previously fired for tweeting stupid shit.
prophecy033
8/30/12 7:09:29PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

some folks never learn. i'm not against to the sense of humor. i'm against the stupidity of tweeting stupid shit after being previously fired for tweeting stupid shit.

FastKnockout
8/30/12 8:07:54PM
Funny thing is it's media related but no one can find his "most recent lapse of judgement."
Cooler
8/30/12 8:49:35PM
Can't believe Torres didn't think his account was being watched...

I don't think he should be fired in the first place, however very foolish to repeat that.
KingCmb
8/30/12 11:05:14PM

Posted by Kpro

Don't two negatives make a positive?

dont two rape jokes make a consentual one....no wait i meant an unwanted baby

....please dont cut me mma playground i couldnt help it
jae_1833
8/30/12 11:11:01PM
Regardless of the joke the guy hasnt looked good since his days in the WEC.
prozacnation1978
8/31/12 12:04:33AM
Dude never learned
I don't feel.bad for him
bigrand826
8/31/12 8:39:44AM
Yeah, I didn't get the feeling it was performance based since it happened some time after he last lost, but you never know what Dana is thinking.
scoozna
8/31/12 12:01:22PM
Let us recall what he said after the first incident:

"What I said was very wrong," Torres told a group of reporters on Wednesday. "Words are hurtful. There are victims out there that have been through that. "

I suppose the "sensitivity training" he went to has worn off.
GettinsomeBas
8/31/12 2:27:24PM
he'll be better off in Bellator