Miguel Torres ‘itching’ for next WEC fight in December

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Miguel Torres ‘itching’ for next WEC fight in December
MMAcca
8/11/08 1:31:16AM
“I’m itching real bad. I want to get down. I hate going to fights and sitting in the stands. I would have loved to have stepped in the cage on Sunday. I guess I just have to wait my turn…. I think [Manny] Tapia is at the front of the line, but he just messed up his knee. So I don’t know. I’ll fight [Brian] Bowles — he looks good. And if he doesn’t get the next shot I’m sure we’ll cross paths one of these days if he keeps winning. I don’t really care. I’ll fight anybody, anywhere. He doesn’t even have to be 135 pounds.”

WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres talks about his eagerness to return to action in a recent interview against possibly Manny Tapia or Brian Bowles. Torres appears to indicate that Tapia has the inside track to challenge for his 135-pound belt next if he’s fit. Otherwise, we could see Bowles — who recently stopped Damacio Page — get the nod. Either way it should be a tough fight for either fighter — Torres sounds fired up.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
8/11/08 1:32:41AM
yeah those are the only two that come to my mind at 135, tapia should be first even though i think he will get beat down.
MikeyG
8/11/08 3:29:24AM
Cant wait to see him fight again, hopefully Tapia and sooner or later hopefully a rematch with Maeda.

I dont care if many agree with me but I think Torres would beat Faber everywhere except maybe grappling.
emfleek
8/11/08 10:05:03AM
WAR TORRES

Aww hell..

WORRES!!!!!!!
Mayhem13
8/11/08 10:40:40AM
Torres is the man!!

xphycorx
8/11/08 11:57:33AM

Posted by MikeyG

Cant wait to see him fight again, hopefully Tapia and sooner or later hopefully a rematch with Maeda.

I dont care if many agree with me but I think Torres would beat Faber everywhere except maybe grappling.

torres does have that lanky frame so he probably has the edge in the stand up game. when it comes to the ground i'm sure torres' bjj is better, but faber's wresting is very good and he is a hell of a lot stronger than torres. one day i think we will see this fight. probably not for at least another year though. WAR FABER!!
Wolf
8/11/08 12:20:42PM
The thing that would hurt torres against Faber is that he isn't even close to as strong as him. If faber got inside on Torres he could muscle him all over the cage and put the fight where ever he wanted it.
Kpro
8/11/08 12:23:23PM

Posted by MMAcca

“I’m itching real bad.

What gym does he train at?

It could be staph infection.