Miguel Torres disoriented after 2011 knockout loss to Michael McDonald at UFC 145

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Miguel Torres disoriented after 2011 knockout loss to Michael McDonald at UFC 145
FastKnockout
5/6/13 4:36:05PM
Former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres suffered memory loss following his KO defeat to Michael McDonald at UFC 145.

UPDATE: Like clockwork, the UFC removed the video. Below are some rough quotes and paraphrasing from the video.

UPDATE 2: The video has been re-uploaded, so watch while you still can.

Link
MMAcca
5/6/13 5:05:28PM
Horrible video.

I wish i hadn't watched it......
Budgellism
5/6/13 5:21:01PM
That's some scary stuff right there.
jae_1833
5/6/13 6:18:07PM
I heard a lot of that before...but not remembering the weigh ins the day before...thats nuts!
Playground_Samurai
5/6/13 7:21:16PM

Posted by Budgellism

That's some scary stuff right there.

Makes me wonder and worry about the long term effects.
prozacnation1978
5/6/13 7:30:21PM
I was there in Atlanta. It was brutal mayday style
Poor_Franklin
5/6/13 7:46:29PM

Posted by MMAcca

Horrible video.

I wish i hadn't watched it......

me too
bojangalz
5/6/13 8:19:09PM
This isn't all that uncommon. I've heard a great many fighters talk about "losing some time" after a hard KO. I think it takes it to another level when you see a video like this and can relive the moment right along with the fighter. Bottom line- it's the hurtin' business. We willfully contribute to the likely degradation of a human's long term health and well being by enjoying this stuff and helping the UFC pay the bills.

But on the other side of the coin, the fighters are well aware of the potential outcomes of their career choice and willing to make those sacrifices to pursue their personal goals. This is a bit of a stark glimpse into the reality of all of it. Some fighters come to the realization that their health is more important that the career so they get out (see Nick Denis). But just as the vast majority of fans would never turn away from a brutal KO and in fact cheer even harder- You can find the same mentality in the fighters who, knowing all too well the consequences of their career, would never shy away from taking or delivering said damage.

mrsmiley
5/7/13 10:01:11AM
Felt like i was right their with him as he woke up.
This happened to my brother once as well,only instead of getting knocked out in a fight he fell off a skateboard and couldn't even remember waking up that morning.
aussiemma
5/9/13 7:47:33AM
having never been ko'd or choked out, i was just wondering if getting choked out you would have just as bad short term memory loss as a ko ?
prophecy033
5/9/13 11:39:23AM
Looks like its been taken down again
mrsmiley
5/12/13 10:18:03AM

Posted by aussiemma

having never been ko'd or choked out, i was just wondering if getting choked out you would have just as bad short term memory loss as a ko ?

I was choked out once (I volunteered)
In a weird way it was like taking a short,yet very deep nap.
When I came to everyone was laughing and I wondered what in the hell just happened.