Miesha Tate will help Cris Cyborg train for next opponent

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Miesha Tate will help Cris Cyborg train for next opponent
FastKnockout
1/5/14 10:13:50PM
Miesha Tate + Cris Cyborg = A weird WMMA Voltron?

Link
jae_1833
1/5/14 10:57:33PM
First WMMA Supercamp started!
sparky
1/5/14 11:49:15PM
This is going to help Tate a lot more than it will Cyborg.

Just thought I would throw that out there
DeadHead988
1/6/14 12:56:37AM

Posted by sparky

Cyborg has good standup, poor grappling. Miesha has good grappling, poor standup. Assuming they rub off on each other (hehehe), it should be mutually beneficial.
OnyxShadow
1/6/14 1:19:23AM
From watching her fights, Cyborg doesn't seem to have particularly good grappling (not that she's needed it much). I can't help remembering her giving up full mount to Gina twice in the first round of their fight. However, apparently Cyborg got a bronze medal in ADCC one year and a gold medal in IBJJF a couple years in a row...so who knows? My guess is that she's technically "adequate" but has enough power to brute force her way out of most bad situations.
frizzzlecake
1/6/14 3:23:17AM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by sparky

Cyborg has good standup, poor grappling. Miesha has good grappling, poor standup. Assuming they rub off on each other (hehehe), it should be mutually beneficial.

False Cyborg may have poor offensive wrasslin' but she has a Brown Belt in BJJ, and not a lot of women have black belts in the UFC if any, she is more then capable of holding her own on the ground.
roofer1967
1/6/14 10:21:33AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but when the UFC merged Strikeforce over Cyborg was on the roster and asked to be let go because she said she could never make 135. If she were to come back is she planning on cutting down or does she still want Ronda to come up to 145? maybe she wants a catchweight fight? I been looking around haven't heard anything on this.

DeadHead988
1/6/14 12:44:04PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by sparky

False Cyborg may have poor offensive wrasslin' but she has a Brown Belt in BJJ, and not a lot of women have black belts in the UFC if any, she is more then capable of holding her own on the ground.

Belts mean nothing, a blue belt under one trainer could be equivalent to a brown belt under another. Gina Carano was not known for her ground game, watch her fight with Cyborg and how easily she got full mount off a half-assed takedown.
scoozna
1/6/14 3:48:24PM
I thought Tito was helping Cyborg?...errr at least he was until he hit that median. Maybe Meisha can improve Cyborg's camera-readiness too.