UFC Middleweight Division Getting Interesting

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Middleweight Division Getting Interesting
MMAcca
6/10/08 1:34:08AM
Found this post on another website and it interested me, what do you guys think:

I believe this division has turned around quickly and is now one of the most exciting divisions in the UFC.

LINK
puppetmaster837
6/10/08 1:41:53AM
Wow. Thats actually pretty right. I think people just still say the MW division is weak is because Anderson Silva make all the fighters look weak. It seems like since he crushes everyone no one is seen as a contender.
MMAcca
6/10/08 1:46:12AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Wow. Thats actually pretty right. I think people just still say the MW division is weak is because Anderson Silva make all the fighters look weak. It seems like since he crushes everyone no one is seen as a contender.

gartface
6/10/08 2:04:28AM
Good find! Potential to be an amazing division.
NatedawgThaM
6/10/08 2:29:35AM
I've always thought the Middleweight division was exciting. Just Anderson and Hendo being down their alone make it automatically exciting no matter who else fights down their IMHO.

It's just like the Heavyweight division, everybody except Anderson has one clear weakness. Either bad cardio, weak chin, no ground game, or no stand up. or sometimes it's a combination of things. The only exception is the UFC Heavyweight division does not have somebody who dominates everybody and looks unstoppable. The closest thing to Anderson is Nog but with the Fedor losses, and by some retarded reason people still think he can be KO'd just because Tim and Herring dropped him. But since they haven't seen him fight in PRIDE, they continue with that nonsense IMO opinion. HE ALWAYS GETS DROPPED AND BEAT UP!

Nice little article though. It's also great all these other young stars are popping up. Very exciting possible match up and fights ahead. Good stuff from this division ahead!

Gipper
6/10/08 3:12:27AM
cote-almeida will be for a titleshot
tylerlee123
6/10/08 10:24:17AM
And Once it was the weakest, God I love the UFC
Twenty20Dollars
6/10/08 12:09:54PM
kampmann making a comeback although he seems alittle on the small side for 185, but that's ok because he's winning fights.
DiabloFreak56
6/10/08 2:48:23PM
yeah theyre all good but none can beat Anderson Silva. NONE
prozacnation1978
6/10/08 7:09:36PM
the division is good
you got cote, almeida, bisping, hendo, leites, and okami

then you have marquadt, maia, palhares, franklin, quarry, and leban

you have some threats there to challenge, i still think it will be okami then bisping next for shot.
but i still think silva can beat all those guys
freeufcdotinfo
6/12/08 5:27:45AM

Demian Maia has possibly the best BJJ in MMA, possibly above BJ, expect to see some good things from this dude...

http://freemma.110mb.com/ufc/JensenMaia.htm
fullerene
6/12/08 9:08:20AM
It's still a division where many of the MWs I'm most intersted in--Filho, Lindland, Le, Shamrock, Lawler, Misaki and Kang--fight for a variety of different non-UFC promotions.
hathcock32
6/12/08 2:10:53PM

Posted by fullerene

It's still a division where many of the MWs I'm most intersted in--Filho, Lindland, Le, Shamrock, Lawler, Misaki and Kang--fight for a variety of different non-UFC promotions.

I believe Okami, Bisping, Marquardt, Franklin, Kampmann, Leites are better all around MMA guys and would beat Misaki Kang, Shamrock, Le. Kang is a little overrated in my opinion. And Frank Trigg exposed the way to beat Misaki(Who also is a little overrated). Robbie Lawler is the number 2 MW in the world to me. Lindland is a tough match for anyone, but him not being in the UFC is ok by me. Shamrock hasnt had a quality win in years and lost to a relatively new guy to MMA in Cung Le. Le needs to face Lawler before i consider him a contender. Filho needs to beat Sonnen agian and he should be in the UFC. The only guy the UFC really needs is Lawler.