More middleweight confidence: Nate Marquardt edition

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » More middleweight confidence: Nate Marquardt edition
MMAcca
11/26/08 12:59:54PM
“[Michael Bisping and Demian Maia] are good fighters. Bisping can go and go, and Maia is good on the ground. But neither one of them has fought anyone who is as good as me or at the same level of fighter that I am. It would be a huge jump in class for them to fight me, and I think I could finish either one of them off in round one or two….

LINK
Aaronno9
11/26/08 1:03:08PM
Uh oh, a fighter showing some confidence. Prepare to be burned Nate......
cowcatcher
11/26/08 1:10:40PM
im just glad guys still want to get in there with silva, even after taking beatings from him. and nate was right, he was winning the fight until the finish, but that doesnt mean a whole lot because its not like he was dominating silva, and silva is a slow starter.
jae_1833
11/26/08 1:19:56PM
I actually thought he won the fight with Leites, and is legit top contendar after Okami. I think after Okami gets his title fight, Bisping and Nate should fight to see who gets the next shot.
Aaronno9
11/26/08 1:31:13PM

Posted by jae_1833

I actually thought he won the fight with Leites, and is legit top contendar after Okami. I think after Okami gets his title fight, Bisping and Nate should fight to see who gets the next shot.

I thought he won that fight for sure, but dropping the points cost him. He looked awesome against Kampmann to. I actually think a fight between him and Bisping would be awesome.
Jackelope
11/26/08 1:44:38PM
Except the only difference this time is that there's some bonafide legitimacy to his claims
loller90278
11/26/08 2:01:43PM
i'll agree with him -- i think he can make pretty easy work out of both maia and bisping
mikevolz
11/26/08 2:05:19PM

Posted by loller90278

i'll agree with him -- i think he can make pretty easy work out of both maia and bisping

he should walk through maia, i think bisping will be tougher, but id get the edge to him.

but ive picked against maia twice and hes proven me wrong both times.
Porch28
11/26/08 2:34:53PM
Nate is a champ I think if he gets to fight Silva again he'd win. I respect his fight game a great deal and he is one of my favorites
Pookie
11/26/08 2:48:26PM
I think Maia would sub him just like Almeida did.
mictlantechutli
11/26/08 6:10:58PM
Nate is a bad ass, and I think he takes Bisping out ground and pound style after dominating in the clinch. Maia is a bad matchup for him though. I think Maia would win sometime in the second after taking his back. I like Nate though. I'd love to see him fight Bisping. It'd be fireworks.
higdon10
11/26/08 10:09:22PM
I think the Nate would handle Maia and Bisbing. I think that he is the best fighter at 185 not named Anderson Silva.
gartface
11/26/08 11:27:36PM

Posted by Porch28

Nate is a champ I think if he gets to fight Silva again he'd win. I respect his fight game a great deal and he is one of my favorites

I think he beats Anderson if they fight again as well.
soundboy1
11/27/08 5:22:44PM
I agree with his statements regarding his upcoming matches. But I don't see what he's done in the UFC to be a coach. Have any of the coaches not had a belt in the UFC?
bls1919
11/27/08 7:38:08PM
I believe what he says about Bisping. he would destroy him. Maia on the other hand woud sub him late in the 2nd IMO. Maia is going to be A Silva's next big fight @ 185. They both will have a fight before it goes down. Anderson will fight at 205 and Maia will fight hopfully Nate M(as long as he isnt a TUF coach), or the winner of Lister/Okami for #1 contender