UFC Middleweight Chris Weidman out of UFC 155 Bout vs. Tim Boetsch, Costa Philippou in instead.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Middleweight Chris Weidman out of UFC 155 Bout vs. Tim Boetsch, Costa Philippou in instead.
jjeans
11/21/12 1:28:20PM
Another UFC card, another injury.

Surging middleweight title contender Chris Weidman is reportedly out of UFC 155 with an injury, according to Newsday Sports.

So far, the nature of the injury has not been disclosed by Weidman's camp or the UFC, although this thankfully doesn't leave Tim Boetsch without an opponent for his main event match on December 29th. Instead of Weidman, "The Barbarian" will now face Costa Philippou.

"It's awful," trainer Ray Longo said.

Instead, Boetsch will fight Costa Philippou, a teammate of Weidman's with Longo and Matt Serra. Philippou was supposed to fight this past Saturday against Nick Ring at UFC 154 in Montreal, but the bout was canceled that morning when Ring fell ill.

LINK
postman
11/21/12 1:31:59PM
Anderson is ducking Wiedman is ducking Boetsch thats teh truth
airkerma
11/21/12 1:41:43PM
on all counts here, but had Weidman never been in, I would be a big fan of Boetsch vs Pou. This is great for Pou since his last fight was canceled and he's only about a month out. What happens if Boetsch wins? Title fight?
tcunningham
11/21/12 1:54:47PM
no title match for boetsch if he wins. i think he got the short end of the deal for sure. this only slightly sets back weidman but a win over philippou will doing nothing for boetsch IMO. too bad, i like boetsch but i think weidman was gonna smash him anyway.
FastKnockout
11/21/12 1:57:11PM
From a fan point of view, I like this fight much better. I love Weidman but Boestch/Costa should be exciting.
sparky
11/21/12 1:58:40PM
Huge let down this is, but Costa is a good replacement. I think Boetsch and Philippou make for a great fight.
tallica62
11/21/12 1:58:48PM
damnit...good replacement, but I want to see Weidman fight Silva
kopower
11/21/12 2:14:31PM

Posted by FastKnockout

From a fan point of view, I like this fight much better. I love Weidman but Boestch/Costa should be exciting.

Exactly how I feel. Definitely looking forward to it.
Budgellism
11/21/12 2:20:05PM
Damn

I love watching Weidman fight so this sucks but hopefully he'll be rescheduled for a bigger fight (I'm hoping Anderson Silva personally). We'll see what happens though.

I do like this fight more though stylistically.
prophecy033
11/21/12 2:32:52PM

Posted by postman

Ill never look at "the" the same
prozacnation1978
11/21/12 2:35:24PM
Another main card fighter off the card
Love the Ufc.

They should have had boetsch vs leban
And philippou vs vemola
BuffaloDave
11/21/12 2:36:48PM
Quick someone get a hold of his number fan, see if he is doing alright with this news!!
BillsNewAccount
11/21/12 2:52:30PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Quick someone get a hold of his number fan, see if he is doing alright with this news!!

Rehab has been ducking Wiedman for too long. Can't wait to see him own rehab.
quezocrema0032
11/21/12 3:23:30PM
Kinda wish the ufc put Belcher in against Boestch & had Costa fight Okami. It would have kept Boestch & Alan inline for big fights both deserve
Dberntson
11/21/12 3:28:16PM
That sucks. Weidman is a great fighter and seemed like the next heir apparent to Silva's throne at some point. Plus I met the guy before and he genuinly seems like a really nice guy who was friendly and great with all the fans.
State_Champ
11/21/12 3:32:48PM

Posted by postman

They should be, because Boetsch is coming for the title

Seriously, Boetsch was probably going to get crushed by Weidman, and he may still lose to Philippou...... but I honestly want Boetsch to win the MW title simply because it would have to come from the biggest fluke winning streak ever.

Honestly, there is no way Boetsch should have beaten Okami, and I'm hoping he keeps upsetting people.

Boestch is easily one of my favorite fighters for which to cheer.
jae_1833
11/21/12 5:19:00PM
Shitty.......would have been a good one, great replacement fight.
This is why I have not considered Weidman as seriously as others....9 fights and at least three surgeries that I have heard of, and all bad ones (knees and shoulders) I just don't think his career will last very long.
shaneTpain
11/21/12 5:30:47PM
Damn, just when his momentum was picking up

Oh well might as well watch Boetsch merk Philippou for fun
kingsmasher
11/21/12 5:39:10PM

Posted by postman

DEAR GOD NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Silva never fights Weidman period and you can go on thinking how great Silva was....

I honestly was surprised after Weidmans house got destoyed that he didnt cancel the fight but I was guessing he needed the money.
king_katool
11/21/12 6:43:03PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

I bet Silva never fights Weidman period and you can go on thinking how great Silva was....

I honestly was surprised after Weidmans house got destoyed that he didnt cancel the fight but I was guessing he needed the money.

So are you saying Silva isnt a great fighter?? Weidman will get destroyed just all the other wrestlers hes fought, sonnen x2, okami, hendo, marquardt.

My question is who has weidman out wrestled that makes you believe he will do it to Anderson
Bubbles
11/21/12 6:47:15PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

So are you saying Silva isnt a great fighter?? Weidman will get destroyed just all the other wrestlers hes fought, sonnen x2, okami, hendo, marquardt.

My question is who has weidman out wrestled that makes you believe he will do it to Anderson

Tom Lawlor yo!
jae_1833
11/21/12 6:47:18PM
Come on man! I know you loudry and proudly swing from the Glorious Manhood that hangs epically from Weidman's drawers but even you have to recognize how bad ass Silva is!?! The guy's current streak, and against everyone he has fought!?! Wrestler's getting KOed and Subbed on the rugular, strikers getting treated like children......just the amount of names alone bro......are you really that nutty or are you just messing with us all?
aussiemma
11/22/12 4:22:27AM
costa stuffs the takedown and makes boetsch bleed !!!!

WAR COSTA !!!!!!!
kingsmasher
11/22/12 12:22:04PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

Ever heard of Mark Munoz....Whos been teaching Silva to wrestle for how long now...
kingsmasher
11/22/12 12:22:59PM

Posted by jae_1833

Come on man! I know you loudry and proudly swing from the Glorious Manhood that hangs epically from Weidman's drawers but even you have to recognize how bad ass Silva is!?! The guy's current streak, and against everyone he has fought!?! Wrestler's getting KOed and Subbed on the rugular, strikers getting treated like children......just the amount of names alone bro......are you really that nutty or are you just messing with us all?

Silva hasnt KOed any wrestler that has BJJ like Weidman
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
11/22/12 2:43:34PM
Silva would destroy Weidman and anybody else they put in front of him.The only person I think that has a chance against Silva is Jon Bones Jones.I would like to see Weidman vs Le though
postman
11/22/12 2:50:40PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by jae_1833

Silva hasnt KOed any wrestler that has BJJ like Weidman

Um I might be wrong in all of this but he put nate away and I'm pretty sure he has a 2nd degree black belt. Weidman is only a purple.
MMAcca
11/22/12 4:15:02PM
This is a great opportunity for Costa imo.

Hope he takes and moves forward.