UFC middleweight champ Weidman objects to Belfort's testosterone use

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC middleweight champ Weidman objects to Belfort's testosterone use
Webbie
1/6/14 12:15:09PM
The UFC champ hopes the Nevada Commission will be keeping a very close eye on challenger Vitor Belfort's testosterone levels and steroid use when and if they meet to battle for UFC gold.

LINK
Webbie
1/6/14 12:19:41PM

I guarantee his testosterone on TRT is two or three times higher than mine. ... Fighting is a sport where strength is important, and if you're going to have extra testosterone, especially after you've been caught cheating, it's unfair.

This is the only part I don't agree with. According to Belfort his levels have been normal as of late. Of course, that could all be a lie, but we'll find out for sure soon enough whether he's been bullshitting or not.

Other than that, I couldn't agree more with Weidman and Longo. If you've abused steroids in the past why should you be allowed a TUE; why help out a former cheater?

I believe karma's going to bite Belfort in the ass when he fights Weidman.
grappler0000
1/6/14 12:42:25PM
The question though is what's normal? There's a buffered allowance when being tested, which I completely agree with. But on the same hand, with careful calculations, the situation could be manipulated and used as an advantage.
jjeans
1/6/14 1:09:58PM

Posted by grappler0000

The question though is what's normal? There's a buffered allowance when being tested, which I completely agree with. But on the same hand, with careful calculations, the situation could be manipulated and used as an advantage.

This was my point in another thread

"Anyone know what is assumed by this average man idea?
How many times does this average man work out?
Have sex?
In a relationship or not?
How old?
How much drugs or alchol do they consume?
How old are they?
The term average man is pretty subjective.
You take 10 people from a sit down office job and there body testosterone will be naturally low. You take 10 guys who are in the army and the testosterone will be high.

All proffesional athletes testosterone will be higher than this supposed average man. The reality is also that MMA and other combat sports athletes will be higher.

As much as I think something is fishy in regards to his TRT levels I think there's other factors."
prozacnation1978
1/6/14 1:43:40PM
At least weidman has is excuse ready when Vitor kicks his ass.

His trt was high
Kpro
1/6/14 1:47:10PM
Kizer previously said verbatim that anyone who has tested positive for PED's will never be allowed a TUE for TRT in Nevada since they were the ones who deteriorated their bodies with steroids (or something similar), rather than having come down with a naturally occurring decline in T/E ratio with age. He going against his word already?
Webbie
1/6/14 2:13:17PM

Posted by Kpro

Kixer previously said verbatim that anyone who has tested positive for PED's will never be allowed a TUE for TRT in Nevada since they were the ones who deteriorated their bodies with steroids (or something similar), rather than having come down with a naturally occurring decline in T/E ratio with age. He going against his word already?

Wouldn't surprise me.

I just can't wait until Weidman destroys Belfort (with or without TRT) and silences the haters. The whole TRT debate will mean nothing then.
Lungsofsteel
1/7/14 5:53:52PM
He wants to get into Vitors head and spark a feud.
Michael_Corleone
1/7/14 8:43:28PM
Outside of Jones vs Gustafson II, this is the fight I am most looking forward to this year.