The UFC Middleweight top 10 ...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The UFC Middleweight top 10 ...
Next Page »
LightsOUT23
9/25/12 5:18:01PM
Hey guys, Like Dana White i am not really bothered in fighter rankings especially when you got weight divisions that run as deep as they do in the UFC. Even now, nearly 20 years on since the very first format of UFC fighting was presented to the world, i still believe that styles make fights and whichever fighter is better prepared wins regardless of who you beat or lost to before, its about who wants it more. That being said, Most followers of this sport are always voicing their opinions on what fighter ranks where in whatever weight class it may be.

My Question is to focused on the Middleweight division.

I'm interested to know for the point of a debate who users of this site believe top be the top 10 Middleweights in the UFC right now, with the exception of the Spider Anderson Silva being up at the number one spot of the list.

1) Anderson Silva

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

And to complete the frame, close contenders ... say name two others.

C1)

C2)

Cheers

JLS1980
9/25/12 5:35:49PM

1) Anderson Silva
2) Chris Weidman
3) Chael_Sonnen
4) Michael Bisping
5) Vitor Belfort
6) Tim Boetsch
7) Yushin Okami
8) Mark Munoz
9) Alan Belcher
10) Brian Stann

C1) Rich Franklin

C2) Hector Lombard

jjeans
9/25/12 5:37:00PM
1. Anderson Silva
2. Chael Sonnen
3. Vitor Belfort
4. Chris Weidman
5. Michael Bisping
6. Tim Boetsch
7. Hector Lombard
8. Mark Munoz
9. Alan Belcher
10. Brian Stann
11. Yushin Okami
12. Jake Shields
13. Constantino Phillipou C1
14. Rousamir Palharres
15. Francis Carmont C2
16. Chris Leben
17. Wanderlei Silva
18. Cung Le
19. Nick Ring
20. Ed Herman
21. Tom Watson
22. Andrew Craig
23. Tom Lawlor
24. Chris Camozzi
25. Court McGee
Poor_Franklin
9/25/12 5:41:36PM

2. Belfort
3. Sonnen
4. Weidman
5. Bisping
6. Belcher
7. Franklin
8. Shields
9. Boetsch
10. Okami

C1) Munoz
C2) Stann

edit: left out Hendo, he is #2 if not counting him as a LHW
kingsmasher
9/25/12 9:01:06PM
SIlva Weidman then Bisping....Bisping beat Chael anyone can see that...
jjeans
9/25/12 9:18:28PM

Posted by kingsmasher

The three people who count disagree.
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/12 9:44:31PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I'm assuming you failed Math, right?

Significant Strikes
Chael - 40
Bisping - 30

Total Strikes
Chael - 135
Bisping - 102

Takedowns
Chael 4/7
Bisping 1/3

kingsmasher = who CAN'T add.

Why do I bother, I feel like I'm talking to Rain Man (minus the Math skills)

I could spill a box of tooth picks on the ground and the first word out of kingsmasher's pie-hole would be Uhh, Judge Wapner....Yeah, Judge Wapner
JLS1980
9/25/12 10:07:08PM

Posted by kingsmasher

It was a close fight but I thought the judges had it right. I believe I had that fight 29-28 for Chael_Sonnen.
telnights
9/25/12 10:29:29PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I would like to suggest THIS. It might help you come off less pompous then maybe people will start to take you seriously.
Bubbles
9/25/12 10:30:51PM
1) Silva
2) Sonnen
3) Weidman
4) Bisping
5) Boetsch
6) Belfort (lone UFC MW win was vs Sexyama)
7) Okami
8) Belcher
9) Munoz
10) Lombard

C1 - Palharres
C2 - Shields

C3 - Stann
C4 - Franklin
kingsmasher
9/25/12 10:47:26PM
For all my haters I bet real money on Chael and for sure thought I was gonna lose...Love the judges cards but it was wrong do some research and see what the pros thought..

Remember everyone hates Bisping...Unbiased eyes will tell you who really won...
KingCmb
9/25/12 11:01:08PM

Posted by kingsmasher

For all my haters I bet real money on Chael and for sure thought I was gonna lose...Love the judges cards but it was wrong do some research and see what the pros thought..

i didnt know the comisions looked for bias judges
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/12 11:14:04PM

Posted by kingsmasher

You bet real money? Was it hard breaking your piggie bank open?

Look at the STATS son

Anyway, staying on track, Ginger got me off topic.....

Bisping vs Weidman to shut everyone up on who's the #1 Contender.
hippysmacker
9/25/12 11:42:55PM
Chill guys. Kingsmasher stop posting your opinions as fact. Chael stop hammering him. Points have been made. Opinions aren't facts. Agree to disagree ,and do it in a respectful manner like adults ,or just don't post here anymore.
jae_1833
9/26/12 1:14:58AM
I can't put Sonnen in there as he has moved to LHW.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 4:07:48AM

Posted by hippysmacker Opinions aren't facts.

jjeans
9/26/12 5:54:54AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Do you know who I am?! I'm British and love Bisping.

My unbiased eyes told me Sonnen won, I thought it was close, but I understand how judges score things. I believe I thought it would go down as a majority decision to Sonnen.

Don't tell me my opinion and don't tell me who I support?
Take this into another perspective.
I'm not saying satanism is wrong. Then because someone posts there opinion about it makes them a santanist. I'm not saying that because I have no evidence to support it.

Your stereotyping people.

Stereotyping people on a MATURE forum. Where fighter bashing, abusing posters and posting opinion as fact would have got you banned without a warning.

I'm not saying your a lazy and overweight cause your from America? I'm also not saying your a satanist.

I'm simply trying to use REAL evidence to support my argument. And take into account people have an opinion and opinions might stink but every opinions different, some people thought woman were witches and people from other races aren't equal to whites. It's opinion. Some people think its unacceptable to eat meat or poultry. Are they still a human? Yes. So why are we belittling everyone and saying they're wrong?

Ptch, opinions and facts. Here's a fact for you you think that Everyone hates Bisping. Not everyone hated Hitler.
BigBadAl
9/26/12 6:23:06AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

Do you know who I am?! I'm British and love Bisping.

My unbiased eyes told me Sonnen won, I thought it was close, but I understand how judges score things. I believe I thought it would go down as a majority decision to Sonnen.

Don't tell me my opinion and don't tell me who I support?
Take this into another perspective.
I'm not saying satanism is wrong. Then because someone posts there opinion about it makes them a santanist. I'm not saying that because I have no evidence to support it.

Your stereotyping people.

Stereotyping people on a MATURE forum. Where fighter bashing, abusing posters and posting opinion as fact would have got you banned without a warning.

I'm not saying your a lazy and overweight cause your from America? I'm also not saying your a satanist.

I'm simply trying to use REAL evidence to support my argument. And take into account people have an opinion and opinions might stink but every opinions different, some people thought woman were witches and people from other races aren't equal to whites. It's opinion. Some people think its unacceptable to eat meat or poultry. Are they still a human? Yes. So why are we belittling everyone and saying they're wrong?

Ptch, opinions and facts. Here's a fact for you you think that Everyone hates Bisping. Not everyone hated Hitler.

I thought Bisping had won when I watched it but having since seen the stats I accept that he lost.
Budgellism
9/26/12 8:52:54AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by hippysmacker Opinions aren't facts.

Theoutlaw08
9/26/12 8:56:17AM
1) Silva
2) Sonnen
3) Weidman
4) Bisping
5) Boetsch
6) Belfort
7) Belcher
8) Okami
9) Munoz
10) Lombard
airkerma
9/26/12 10:19:45AM
1) Silva
2) Sonnen
3) Weidman
4) Boetsch
5) Bisping
6) Belfort
7) Belcher
8) Okami
9) Munoz
10) Lombard
C1: Jake Shields
C2: Brian Stann

essentially the same as theoutlaws rankings.
ghandikush
9/26/12 10:22:01AM
Silva

This list will be based on projected talent, not measurable stats

2 Weidman
3 Sonnen
3 Franklin (if he returns I would project him here
5 Munoz
6 Bisping
7 Belcher
8 Belfort
9 Rockhold
10 Boetsch

Rich has to be on the list for when Anderson leaves and he takes his title back
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 1:07:18PM
i get the Weidman hype, but i don't see how he deserves to be ranked over Belfort
ghandikush
9/26/12 1:14:57PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i get the Weidman hype, but i don't see how he deserves to be ranked over Belfort

Partly because he decimated a top 4 MW in 1 dominant round if I remember correctly. I mean guys can seriously rocket through the rankings in this sport.

Who did Belfort beat? He knocked out Rich Franklin and...... Anthony Johnson who couldnt make weight?
prophecy033
9/26/12 1:31:10PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Partly because he decimated a top 4 MW in 1 dominant round if I remember correctly. I mean guys can seriously rocket through the rankings in this sport.

Who did Belfort beat? He knocked out Rich Franklin and...... Anthony Johnson who couldnt make weight?

and by your list Belfort knocked out your #3 guy
ghandikush
9/26/12 1:39:29PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

and by your list Belfort knocked out your #3 guy

Thats a good point, and before that I believe he knocked Lindlands block off, but that was a while ago. I guess I could see it either way but I definitely wouldnt choose to rank him above Weidman based on recent performances at MW.

To me it seems like the UFC was simply trying to feed Belfort for an excuse to have another Vitor Silva PPV. After he had one win at 190 pounds and waited a year, he got a title shot, got knocked out in the first, and then the UFC gave him Akiyama coming off a loss, and Johnson for Rumbles first fight at 185.

Anyway we'll see who is deserving of what when Belfort drops back down and potentially has to FIGHT Weidman.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 1:46:21PM
i didnt know Munoz was a Top 4 MW
ghandikush
9/26/12 1:52:36PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Thought he was

Guess not?
NaturalBornKiller92
9/26/12 2:12:27PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Thought he was

Guess not?

Never really thought Munoz was a top fighter. I was never really impressed with his fights before Weidman and always thought he was overrated.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 2:12:37PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Thought he was

Guess not?

it's all a matter of opinion, if ranked high, def not higher than 4 bc of Sonnen, Belfort, & Anderson. If you are keeping Hendo & Franklin out of MW, then maybe I could see him that high. Maybe...
Pages: [1] 2