UFC Middle Weight Rankings after UFC 83?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Middle Weight Rankings after UFC 83?
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 6:18:33PM
<C> Anderson Silva
1. Rick Franklin (although he'll never get another shot)
2. Nate Marquart (although its unlikely he'll get another shot)
3. Yushin Okami (seems to be next in line)
4. Jason McDonald (only losses to Franklin and Okami)
5. Patrick Cote (If he can knock of Almeida he'll rise one)
6. Ricardo Almedia (If he can knock off Cote he'll rise two)
7. Demian Maia (Confident he'll slowly move up to top three, needs better comp)
8. Nate Quarry (Only loss is to Franklin, but had a long lay off)
9. Chris Leben (Been on a role lately, I don't think knocking off Bisping would rise him much)
10. Marvin Eastman (Has only lost to top comp. Defeated a very capable Terry Martin)
*11. Jason Day/Bisping (both comming off impressive wins)

Pretty much its all wide openafter Almeida. I don't think McDonald is as good as his ranking, but stats man, stats. I think Bisping will rise heavily if he defeats Leben, and Leben can rise maybe one if he beats Bisping in dominant fashion. Eastman has a match comming up with McFedries, if he wins he'll prolly rise above Leben, McFedries wins I still think he needs one more before he cracks top 10. I think that despite who wins between Grove and Tanner each needs atleast two wins to crack the top 10. I also think that if Thales Leites can knock off Marquart he'll move to number three, and Marquart would fall to four.
Ben_Hutch
4/29/08 6:22:43PM
Good list but what about Dan Henderson?
hado3
4/29/08 7:05:26PM
Marvin Eastman, r u kidding me
Gipper
4/29/08 8:24:19PM
silva
hendo
franklin
marquart
okami
cote
quarry
macdonald
leben

bisping, almeida, maia need more fights in the ufc mw division. all 3 have the potential to earn a title shot by the end of the year.

Tein_Lung
4/29/08 8:37:24PM
I think Rich will get another shot at Silva simply becasue he will end up with so many wins people will start to question the UFC if he doesn't... Regardless if he doesn't think people want to see the fight or not after 2 more wins from people in the top 5 they don't have a choice but to put him and Anderson together again... I think Ace has the ability to beat Silva its a matter of having the right gameplan and pulling off that plan... Its obvious that Anderson controls the clinch so hes got to avoid that at all costs...

I also thins Ace beats Henderson but we won't see that fight either becasue if Hendo loses that it ruins the chance for him ever getting back to Silva
puppetmaster837
4/29/08 9:09:35PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

I think Rich will get another shot at Silva simply becasue he will end up with so many wins people will start to question the UFC if he doesn't... Regardless if he doesn't think people want to see the fight or not after 2 more wins from people in the top 5 they don't have a choice but to put him and Anderson together again... I think Ace has the ability to beat Silva its a matter of having the right gameplan and pulling off that plan... Its obvious that Anderson controls the clinch so hes got to avoid that at all costs...

I also thins Ace beats Henderson but we won't see that fight either becasue if Hendo loses that it ruins the chance for him ever getting back to Silva

Franklin has actually said a third fight with Silva would not be that entertaining for the fans. He knows that Silva is better then him and there is no way he will beat him. It's not just the clinch, its all of his strikes. And if he gets taken down he has proven that he will still mess you up on the ground too.
rabbit915
4/29/08 9:21:12PM
Heres my top 10:

Champion: Anderson Silva

1. Dan Henderson
2. Rich Franklin
3. Nate Marquardt
4. Yushin Okami
5. Chris Leben
6. Patrick Cote
7. Demian Maia
8. Jason Mcdonald
9. Jason Day
10. Marvin Eastman

And yes i know i didnt mention Almeida, but im not sure if he is going to return to the level he was at before. I need to see at least one more fight before i know where he is going to fit into the mix.
Violence108
4/29/08 9:40:51PM
i say that Okami is the 1# contender for A.Silva
then Rich Frankin, Dan Henderson,
nickcuc547
4/29/08 9:55:35PM
Champion: Anderson Silva

1. Yushin Okami
2. Rick Franklin
3. Nate Marquardt
4. Dan Henderson
5. Patrick Cote
6. Ricardo Almeida
7. Demian Maia
8. Jason MacDonald
9. Chris Leben
10. Ed Herman
DevonFoxy
4/29/08 9:56:28PM
Henderson will get a rematch probably after Anderson fights Okami. Wither way I see the winner fighting Henderson. Henderson will probably fight on the same card as the title fight perhaps against Rich. That would be classic but if Rich wins the UFC will be in some trouble if they try to pass Silva vs Franklin III as a PPV but Henderson will be back and challenge the champ I'm sure and he def. will deserve it when he does.

Silva
Hendo
Okami
Marquart

Then a bunch of guys mingling to break in the top.
pinoymixplaya
4/29/08 11:37:23PM
um I know he hasn't fought in a while, but what about Kampmann? undefeated in the UFC....
Pookie
4/30/08 12:10:04AM
1. Anderson Silva

2. Dan Henderson
3. Nate Marquardt
4. Rich Franklin
5. Yushin Okami
6. Martin Kampmann
7. Ricardo Almeida
8. Patrick Cote
9. Demian Maia
10. Thales Lietes
11. Michael Bisping
Kpro
4/30/08 1:26:13AM

Posted by Pookie

1. Anderson Silva

2. Dan Henderson
3. Nate Marquardt
4. Rich Franklin
5. Yushin Okami
6. Martin Kampmann
7. Ricardo Almeida
8. Patrick Cote
9. Demian Maia
10. Thales Lietes
11. Michael Bisping

This would be my list also, aside from Cote above Almeida because of the long layoff. And I think either guy winning that fight hops past Kampmann.
Gipper
4/30/08 2:48:46AM
forgot all about kampman
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/30/08 3:31:17AM
I just figured Henderson would move back up to 205 where he originally wanted to stay. Am I wrong? Does anybody know?

And up until today with the MW Grand Prinx, Eastman has been in the top 20 for a long time...he was 17 for like 4 months. I thought that was odd as well, but then I checked his record and he's only lost to top guys like Belfort and Jackson...so I decided to give him the last spot.

I also think McDonald is not that good...but hey, the man wins matches.
prozacnation1978
4/30/08 1:49:18PM
day and eastman you got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!

i will make it short top 5

1. okami
2. henderson
3. marquadt
4. kampman
5. bisping

with cote, leban, and leites looking in
EON
5/1/08 3:49:51AM
C) Anderson Silva

1) Demian Maia .....(1 or 2 wins to get a shot)
2) Rich Franklin .....(3 or 4 big wins to be considered)
3) Yushin Okami .....(Next in line because of the controversy)
4) Martin Kampmann .....(2 or 3 wins to get a shot)
5) Dan Henderson .....(2 or 3 wins to get rematch)
6) Ricardo Almeida .....(2 or 3 wins to get a shot)
7) Nate Marduardt .....(3 or 4 wins to get rematch)
8) Nate Quarry .....(3 or 4 wins to get a shot)
9) Chris Leben .....(4 or 5 wins to get a shot)
10) Patrick Cote .....(4 or 5 wins to get a shot)

Mentions: Jason McDonald, Michael Bisbing, Thales Leites

Stacked if you ask me, I would add Misaki, Mousasi and Akiyama if they were avail.