The Mickeys Replay

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Mickeys Replay
POLL: Should they keep this in the post fight?
Yes, it rules 24% (4)
No, the fighters never say anything useful 12% (2)
Yes, because its funny to hear Cro-cop breathing into the microphone instead of talking 65% (11)
Svartorm
2/7/07 4:53:39AM
Should they can this idea? Post fights are generally pretty crappy, being as a fighter is too high on adrenaline to form a coherent sentence, but this seems to be especially bad. Has a fighter ever said something insightful during the end of the fight replay?
Manfred
2/7/07 11:00:23AM
They usually don't say anything but the obvious or mentioned they practiced that specific technique after watching tapes. That part is usually stupid.

But they gotta keep them for Rampage ("there's some black on black crime") and Cro Cop.

madmarck
2/7/07 1:37:50PM
gotta keep Rampage. He was pretty funny. Other guys do it and a funny too. Remember The way Din Thomas (albeit jokingly) called out Sean Sherk? that was cool. Should keep it. Does Cro Cop even know any english?
Manfred
2/7/07 1:45:43PM
CC has great english. Especially coming from a smaller country where english isn't that necessary.

I think he might not have known what Joe was asking for though. He's normally blunt but can have a great sense of humor.

An example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRBxFPRQ-uI
madmarck
2/7/07 1:54:47PM

Posted by Manfred

CC has great english. Especially coming from a smaller country where english isn't that necessary.

I think he might not have known what Joe was asking for though. He's normally blunt but can have a great sense of humor.

An example:

AHahahahaha that wsa fricking Funny.
here is another one CC AK 47 Prank
Its not in english but youll get the idea.
loller90278
2/7/07 2:34:40PM

Posted by Manfred

An example:

most european countries, including croatia have english studies mandatory for all schools, also someone in the croatian parliament should know english...
loller90278
2/7/07 2:41:29PM
i just hope they change the whole mickeys sponser... i think its a little bit lower-class.. i know they could get bigger sponsers now
Manfred
2/7/07 2:55:59PM

Posted by loller90278

most european countries, including croatia have english studies mandatory for all schools, also someone in the croatian parliament should know english...

True, but I lived in various parts of Europe for 11 years now and trust me, the minute they are out of school, that stuff is down the tubes.

Also they are usually required 2 foreign languages and they mix them up sometimes.
SICKRICK
2/7/07 3:37:41PM
wow madmarck will wright any thing about anything.. you are in everything way to go standup guy
Svartorm
2/7/07 5:51:58PM

Posted by loller90278

i just hope they change the whole mickeys sponser... i think its a little bit lower-class.. i know they could get bigger sponsers now

Whats so low class about a 64oz jug of malt liqour? Oh wait......
mrsumo
2/7/07 10:32:57PM
Yea, the replay should stay. It gives them something to add to the post fight interview. The fans need the interaction time with the fighters. That helps build up the fan base, but sometimes they are still too amped up or too winded to give good commentary , so they just look at the video and talk about it for a minute.
mrsumo
2/7/07 10:34:18PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by loller90278

Whats so low class about a 64oz jug of malt liqour? Oh wait......

Mickeys is the sophisticated mans answer to Colt45 and Old English.
jmoooooo
2/7/07 11:01:43PM
they could get a better sponsor, but seeing as half the fighters are talking about going to an after party anyway, i think mickeys fits

besides, they will have a contract with mickeys, so its not like they can up and change whenever they want anyway

i dont think anything useful really comes out in the post fight, but funny shit does once in a while...i like GSP after hughes

"and then BANG i 'it 'im in da head"

that was good.
Svartorm
2/7/07 11:26:33PM
Oh, I don't care that its the Mickeys Replay, I care that a fighter is too tired to say anything useful. Mrsumo brings up good points though.
jmoooooo
2/7/07 11:33:44PM
its part of making the fighters more accessable to the fans. if they just ushered them out in a hurry it wouldnt be so personal.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/8/07 12:00:04AM

Posted by mrsumo

Yea, the replay should stay. It gives them something to add to the post fight interview. The fans need the interaction time with the fighters. That helps build up the fan base, but sometimes they are still too amped up or too winded to give good commentary , so they just look at the video and talk about it for a minute.

cant wait till CroCop feels more at home here,

NO LOVE FROM CROCOP!
Rampage_Soldier
2/14/07 7:27:02PM
Anyone seen those Mickey's UFC collector cans?

Who here actually drinks that "beer?"
Svartorm
2/14/07 8:09:50PM
MIckeys was actually what turned me off of beer. One of my brothers friends gave me a Mickeys Hornet when I was 12, and I didn't drink another beer until I was maybe 18.
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 1:03:39AM
We shouldn't tarnish beers good name, by comparing it to Mickey's...

malt liquor
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 1:09:04AM
lol...only the first 1 is hard to swallow...after that...and a bong hit..

"i love you mickey's"

pop open the second
Svartorm
2/16/07 3:20:49AM
Thats true of any alcohol, with the exception of Brenivin. That stuff is foul no matter how drunk you are. Oh, and coffee wine too, but I hate coffee to begin with.