Mickey Mouse, Iron Man. Iron Man, Mickey Mouse.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Mickey Mouse, Iron Man. Iron Man, Mickey Mouse.
DCRage
8/31/09 9:31:16AM
Yeah, they might be best buds soon. Disney reportedly is buying Marvel.

LOS ANGELES – The Walt Disney Co. says it is acquiring Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing characters like Iron Man and Spider-Man into the Disney family.

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters.

Disney said Monday that Marvel shareholders will receive $30 per share in cash plus 0.745 Disney shares for every Marvel share they own.

It said the boards of Disney and Marvel have both approved the transaction, but it requires an antitrust review and the approval of Marvel shareholders.

Now I'm not much of a comics person but I know Disney well enough that this doesn't exactly go over well with me.
vinny_cro_cop_q
8/31/09 2:11:03PM
Yeah I read about this earlier, It better be a look but dont touch situation here. If disney messes with the whole Marvel set up then its just gonna kill it for me. Ive been a marvel freak forever and this is just horrible news
DCRage
8/31/09 4:12:49PM
That's kinda what bothers me too, I'm hearing Disney wants to try and corner the young boys market kind of like they've cornered young girls already. It can be done properly as we've seen in the past with Warner Bros. & DC characters (the "Justice League" cartoon series on Cartoon Network was well-done, and even Marvel's been there with stuff like X-Men Evolution) but the thought of Iron Man with MIckey ears or even Mickey's head is scary...and of course funny. And I'm not going near Wolverine.
Wolfenstein
8/31/09 4:45:07PM
Even 4 Billion doesn't seem like nearly enough considering how much Marvel is raking in at the box office with mediocre Marvel characters like Iron Man.