Michael Johnson Meets Myles Jury at UFC 155

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Johnson Meets Myles Jury at UFC 155
FastKnockout
10/24/12 4:17:58PM
Fresh off his knockout of Danny Castillo at UFC on FX 5, Michael Johnson will fight for a 4th time in 2012 when he faces Ultimate Fighter veteran.

LINK
FastKnockout
10/24/12 4:20:46PM
Easy fight for Johnson IMO.
BuffaloDave
10/24/12 4:21:02PM
So much for Johnson getting a big step up in competition.
tcunningham
10/24/12 4:25:48PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

i know man, what with that. i think castillo is a bigger name than Jury. plus, wasnt castillo getting the better of the rounds up until he got KO'd?
Chieftan1997
10/24/12 4:41:22PM
It is kinda of a step down for Johnson after his recent wins, but I think it will be a tougher fight than people think. Jury has some good skills and it should be a good stand up battle!!! It's a tough situation for Johnson if he loses he takes a big step back, or even if it's a close fight. Winning doesn't move him up at all!!! He should of pressed Joe Silva for a bigger fight!!!
BuffaloDave
10/24/12 4:59:43PM

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by BuffaloDave

i know man, what with that. i think castillo is a bigger name than Jury. plus, wasnt castillo getting the better of the rounds up until he got KO'd?

I agree, Castillo is definitely a bigger name than Jury, and yes Castillo was winning the fight until he got KO'd.
Goatenstein
10/24/12 5:00:09PM
I'd rather see guys like Johnson stay busy with lesser competition than sit forever to fight a name guy.
BuffaloDave
10/24/12 5:12:41PM

Posted by Goatenstein

I'd rather see guys like Johnson stay busy with lesser competition than sit forever to fight a name guy.

Yeah, but if he loses, then that sets him back further from getting top competition.
Budgellism
10/24/12 5:30:53PM
Kind of a strange matchup. Johnson deserves a bigger name imo and Jury should be a guy that they bring up slowly.
Theoutlaw08
10/24/12 6:39:59PM

Posted by Budgellism

Kind of a strange matchup. Johnson deserves a bigger name imo and Jury should be a guy that they bring up slowly.

THIS
sparky
10/24/12 6:41:10PM

Posted by Budgellism

Completely agree Budge I thought for sure Johnson would be headed for a fight with a contender at 55 and I think Jury has a ton of potential the UFC should build the young man up not just toss him in with a guy who is on a roll.
prozacnation1978
10/24/12 7:28:00PM
Easy fight. I don't understand the match up
Johnson will win out 2012 year.
shaneTpain
10/24/12 8:44:34PM
I like it. MJ has come a long way this year, why not feed him a win can't wait
NaturalBornKiller92
10/24/12 9:38:14PM
Pretty much sums up this article to me
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
aussiemma
10/25/12 7:24:38AM
johnson probably takes him down and controls all day, jury does have crisp striking and good subs and is also undefeated as a pro. Although johnson is definitely ready for a big name and higher ranked guy...i still like this match up.
Goatenstein
10/26/12 4:56:09PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Goatenstein

Yeah, but if he loses, then that sets him back further from getting top competition.

Or it shows that he doesn't belong up there.
Cooler
10/26/12 5:39:58PM

Posted by Budgellism

Meh, Jury got beat on the show and showed his MMA ceiling. If he is as talented as some think he is he shouldnt have a problem with this fight but seeing as how nothing really shines about Jury he probably gets beat up and all of the sudden is in a pink slip fight next on a Fuel TV card. This is a perfect fight to see if he is legit, he has an unblemished record that really isn't undefeated and Johnson is still just a gatekeeper type fighter, not very high in the LW rankings himself.
Kpro
10/27/12 3:39:46AM
Myles Jury has been a professional MMA fighter longer than Johnson. He was already well-rounded before Johnson could do anything other than take someone down. He's a better kickboxer, was an All-State Wrestler in high school, and will have earned his black belt in BJJ before this fight even takes place. I love every comment in this thread if the moneyline reflects the opinion here.