Michael Bisping out for a ’stand up brawl’ with Chris Leben

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping out for a ’stand up brawl’ with Chris Leben
MMAcca
7/11/08 1:02:53PM
“I want to go out and show my skills, my last fight hit the ground too much – he (Jason Day) gave me the opportunity to take him down, and he couldn’t handle the ground-and-pound…. Your next fight is always your biggest fight, you’re only as good as your last fight, so yeah this is the biggest fight of my life. I’m not gonna go more cautious because it’s Chris Leben. I’ll do what I normally do, look to stand on the feet and set the pace. It’s the same in every fight, you assess the situation, play it by ear, punches get thrown –- and hopefully we’ll get the stand-up brawl we all want.”

LINK
xphycorx
7/11/08 1:29:12PM
this has the potential to be fight of the year. i personally can't wait.
SpiderSilva
7/11/08 1:33:47PM
This has more potential to be a KO loss for Bisping
Jason-plata
7/11/08 1:46:45PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

This has more potential to be a KO loss for Bisping

Absolutely agreed..
Pitbull09
7/11/08 2:15:30PM
I thought Bisping had a chance at this fight but seeing this, he is going to get KO'ed. Does anyone remember Lebens last fight with Terry Martin? There is no way a guy like Bisping is going to KO Leben and even if he throws more accurate punches, it takes one hook from Leben to end it.
kaduey
7/11/08 2:21:20PM
I think Bisping is the more technically sound striker, but anybody who throws with Leben has the chance of knocking anyone out. I guess this will test Bisping's chin more than anything.
Darnok
7/11/08 2:55:08PM
I think my problem is that I just don't like Leben and want Bisbing to pull a Silva on him.
AO
7/11/08 3:07:17PM
there is going to be some blood on the mat in this one.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/11/08 3:09:52PM

Posted by Darnok

I think my problem is that I just don't like Leben and want Bisbing to pull a Silva on him.

i have the same problem

also i believe either one can not only win but finish this fight......this is gonna be a hard pick
Aaronno9
7/11/08 3:11:08PM
Just becouse chris has knockout power doesn't mean hes going to k.o everybody he fights. He couldnt even knock Kalib out when they fought. Thats not me saying i dont think he can knock mike out, it just gets on my nerves when people say stuff like that. Ill be picking Bisping via UD though.
bojangalz
7/11/08 3:15:43PM
"I’m not gonna go more cautious because it’s Chris Leben. I’ll do what I normally do, look to stand on the feet and set the pace."

Yeah Count- this should go over about as well as a turd in a punch bowl.

Bisbing's got all the tools to handle Leben. He got the footwork to get inside, and a great clinch. He's a far more technical fighter on the whole. My initial thought was that he's out-smart Leben on his way to a Unanimous Decision.

But I'm not certain that someone who wants to stand and bang with Leben has the mental capasity to out-smart a potato, let alone a seasoned MMA vet. Bad, bad idea Bisbing.

Gameplan is everything in this sport. Anyone can win when you have the right plan, and execute (just ask Forrest Griffin). Thats why Xtreme Couture is so successful right now. They put together the right plan for each match-up, and execute every time. But, if you go into a fight with a stupid gameplan and execute; your going to lose and look stupid in the process (just ask Sean Sherk).

Bisbing's game plan is stupid....Leben's head is made of (and full of) rocks. But Counts wants to show the homeland what a big boy he is by standing and banging with the Crippler. I'm sure he'll execute his plan to perfection, and look very stupid in the process.

Good luck buddy.
whardin19
7/11/08 3:24:02PM
I think Bisping is just messing with Lebens head here. I'm not sure he's really going to stand with him the whole fight. I see Bisping standing the first few minutes feeling Leben out. Then, he'll go at Leben and use his clinch game, which I think is way better than Lebens. After hurting him in the clinch I see him taking Leben down and winning with some good ol' ground and pound like he did against Day.

You guys need to get with it! Everything a fighter says doesn't make it true. LOL!
loller90278
7/11/08 3:27:20PM
im all for what bisping says. he's quicker on the feet, has faster strikes, and throws punches in bunches. if he studies lebens game plan and know what leben is going to throw his monstrous hooks, bisping should be able to get the (t)ko here
DevonFoxy
7/11/08 3:32:07PM
I don't really see this as a war people sorry. I mean this has the potential to be a war but I see Bisping taking Leben down and trying GnP for 3 rounds to be honest. Once Bisping gets lit up a few times he's only gonna have one choice and thats take Leben down which isn't too hard.

I see this as being nothing but hype for the fight as Bisping does not want to stand with Leben he wants to take it to the ground and work out a UD. Thats what I think will happen could turn out to be great but im seeing more of a Leben vs Starnes fight in this one.
wrona666
7/11/08 4:04:31PM
Well if he is truthfull and he does stand with Leben that would be a mistake becuase i dont see him being able to KO Leben so he would just be hoping to outscore him......Terry Martin has much more power in his hands then Bisping and he couldnt KO Leben so i think Bisping is going to have a tough time with that one, but i think Bisping will take a couple big shots then take it to the mat....
EON
7/11/08 5:30:55PM
Finally I get to see Bisping put to sleep

Lebens chin > Bispings chin = long night for Mikey
quezocrema0032
7/11/08 6:49:25PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Just becouse chris has knockout power doesn't mean hes going to k.o everybody he fights. He couldnt even knock Kalib out when they fought. Thats not me saying i dont think he can knock mike out, it just gets on my nerves when people say stuff like that. Ill be picking Bisping via UD though.

the reason he couldnt KO Kalib is cause kalib isnt a strong enough striker to charge leben .. .and bisping is and like martin u charge him u hit him u get hit and if both fighters get hit with the others best punch i see leben winning this fight
xtra_chewy
7/11/08 7:39:27PM
I know for a fact IMO, that Leben will KO Bisping in the 1st round.
Mungooch
7/31/08 3:36:16AM
Can someone please send me a GOOD link for the Leben Martin fight.
moob
7/31/08 5:00:41AM
One observation on this latest in the line of Bisping threads - how many times have fighters given out their supposed game plan prior to a fight - only to do the exact opposite on the night?

Bisping will hit and run - as long as he doesn't get caught, he will win via UD.
Rabi
7/31/08 5:44:04AM
I thinks this will be a realy exciting fight. I see most of round one spent on the feet and being pretty even. In round 2 Bisping works for the takedown and wins via tko gnp.