Michael Bisping ‘too quick’ and ‘too fast’ for Dan Henderson at UFC 100

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping ‘too quick’ and ‘too fast’ for Dan Henderson at UFC 100
Next Page »
SmileR
4/5/09 12:04:35PM
Spending so much time around him has given me confidence. Obviously I grew up in MMA watching Dan Henderson fight and he was a hero for me. I watched him win two belts in two weight divisions [in Pride FC]. I am looking forward to the fight and I’m going in really confident that he is going to lose … in fact I know he is going to lose. I am going to win every minute of every round for the whole fight. I am going to be too quick for him, too fast. His striking is no where near my level. All I’ve got to watch out for is a big right hand and the clinch. As long as I avoid that I think it’s my fight to lose.”

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 light heavyweight winner, Michael Bisping, keeps up the confidence as his showdown with Dan Henderson at UFC 100 on July 11 draws closer. “The Count” has been talking a good game to promote the middlweight showdown, saying previously that Henderson is “nowhere near his level.” In this interview, Bisping once again takes a shot at another top contender, Demian Maia, calling him a “one-trick” pony who he would “stuff like a Christmas Turkey” is the two ever met inside the Octagon. The winner of the match up between Bisping and Henderson, as well as Maia, are the front runners to challenge for the 185-pound title next. The next few months should be very interesting for the suddenly crowded middleweight class.

Link to the mania page.

Link to the full interview
roadking95th
4/5/09 12:45:50PM
I am really worried for Hendo here. I mean he hasn't fought anyone near the level of Bisping. Sure, Hendo stole minutes from both Silva's, Franklin, and Rampage and they have some game, but this is mother f-ing Bisping folks.

Hendo can only win by one punch, right or left, clinching, dirty boxing, suffocation, and GNP. Bisping dominates everywhere else. That blazing speed is like 10,000 butterfly wings smacking you.
whardin19
4/5/09 12:48:41PM
I don't see Henderson getting to frazzeld with anything Bisping has to say. But I have to agree with him on what he's saying. He is going to be too quick for Henderson. The only think Bisping has to worry about is being taken to the ground and being lay n prayed for 3 rounds. Because I seriously think that's the only way Henderson wins this fight. His fight with Franklin did not impress me at all. Bisping wins this fight late after Henderson gasses in the 2nd round.
wapttn
4/5/09 12:50:06PM
Does anybody see a way that bisping can finish this fight? What comes to mind are the similarities between Leben and Henderson. KO power and a granite chin. Bisping's approach to the Leben fight tells me that he doesn't believe he has the power to get a knockout and doesn't have the chin to stand and bang. So what does he plan on doing? Henderson isn't gonna chase him around the ring with his right hand cocked like Leben did... if bisping isn't willing to exchange then Henderson is gonna clinch up, drag him to the ground and pound on him. The only way Bisping's quickness is going to come into play is the way starne's quickness came into play against quarry
sparky
4/5/09 1:00:55PM
I really hope Bisping is right but I personally dont think he will beable to beat Dan!!!
Aaronno9
4/5/09 1:22:44PM
Hes right in what hes saying, even if it does come off as cocky. Henderson has huge power, but other than that Bisping beats him in all other areas of the standup game. If Hendo gets him in the clinch thats where problems are going to arise, becouse I doubt Mike will beable to keep Dan from dragging him to the mat and using his GnP.
JoeMimic
4/5/09 1:28:42PM
Leben got Bisping down. Henderson will get Bisping down and he won't let him back up.
UFCmma666
4/5/09 1:36:48PM
im not worried for hendo i see pure domination on hendos part
EMauricio
4/5/09 2:13:10PM
I want to believe that Bisping is good but I don't know that he is as good as most people build him to be. He has yet to beat somebody of high caliber. He won against Hamill in a questionable fashion and Rashad Evans has been his only big fight and this was when Rashad was still being groomed to be who he is today.

Hendo on the other hand has gone toe to toe with the best the MMA had to offer. He held two titles at the same time, he's beaten Wandy Silva, Vitor Belfort, Akihiro Gono, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Murilo Bustamante, etc when they were on their top game. He might be getting old but I don't know that I can see Bisping at a "much better level" than Hendo today.

And for Bisping's comments against Maia... I think he's just promoting his fight and his stock within the UFC, he should concentrate on Hendo's fight for right now because this fight is going to be much closer than what he thinks, assuming he actually believes what he says.

LakieMan
4/5/09 2:29:50PM
This fight will be good no doubt, but I see Hendo pulling it out here.
grappler0000
4/5/09 2:45:27PM
Is he trying to convince us or himself here?
DaMaGeInC
4/5/09 3:27:36PM
I think Hendo will win UD, an easy one at that but i really could handle seeing the upset my heart goin wit bisping but pickin hendo,
StriderXero
4/5/09 3:56:53PM
I see hendo winning this via GNPing Bisping's head through the mat.
tdietel01
4/5/09 3:59:15PM
I am not really a fan of either but i wouldnt mind seeing bisping knocked down a peg or two. Every fighter should have confidence in themselves but i think he is a bit too cocky

First time i have ever said this....... WAR HENDO
team_demon_fighter
4/5/09 4:47:00PM
i liked dan in pride, but now seeing all the pride ppl coming into the ufc, we really see how much better ufc was. dan is over rated and over hyped. however bisbing is also... dan is going to try and wrestle his way to a victory, he will prolly lose the fight like he did against franklin, and still get the win from the judges.. or maybe nisbing will lose the fight like he did against hamil and still win. lol. im on the fence with this pick, whoever actually loses the fight, will probably get the win since the judges are crazy now a days!!!
bls1919
4/5/09 5:01:17PM
It's hard to be quick off your back Mike. Hendo wins UD
motorboatensob
4/5/09 5:05:04PM
Didn't he say the same thing right before Rashad sent him packing to MW. Bisping up to this point hasn't fought any one as good as Dan. Rashad being the only one and you see what happened there. Had Rashad fought like he dose now with being a striker Bisping could have been on the wrong end of a HL real. Hendo is going to beat Bisping down and after this fight Bisping won't get another top five guy to fight any more.
Bowen50
4/5/09 5:34:59PM
this fight isn't even going to be close. Bisping has no wrestling background and i don't think i even need to list Hendo's credentials. Hendo's going to clinch Bisping, throw him to the mat, and finish him with vicious GnP. it seems like some of you aren't giving Henderson's stand up the respect is deserves. he could easily end this thing standing as well.
slapshot
4/5/09 5:50:31PM
Bisping is still overrated IMO. Bisping wont be able to KO Hendo and we should all know Dan dose have the power to KO Bisping. He's not going to be able to commit to striking or Dan will just take him down and TBH that will probably happen anyway.

Having to watch for the TD is going to slow him down and underestimating Hendo's striking could get him KO'd. Matt Hamill took him to school and I think having to think defensively about the TDD bled into his striking and slowed him down.

LOL at Dan not facing better strikers than Bisping, Quinton Jackson, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin, and Vitor Belfort are all superior strikers . Belfort and A Silva have faster hands than Bisping to boot.

Its hard for me to find any logic in anyone picking Bisping other than just being a fan of his.
Pookie
4/5/09 6:27:08PM

Posted by roadking95th

I am really worried for Hendo here. I mean he hasn't fought anyone near the level of Bisping. Sure, Hendo stole minutes from both Silva's, Franklin, and Rampage and they have some game, but this is mother f-ing Bisping folks.

Hendo can only win by one punch, right or left, clinching, dirty boxing, suffocation, and GNP. Bisping dominates everywhere else. That blazing speed is like 10,000 butterfly wings smacking you.

i heard hendo's plan is to come out and pull guard because bisbings striking is on another level
StPierreCanada
4/5/09 6:31:12PM
Yeah right. Bisping is one of the most overrated fighters in the sport IMO. He had the easiest road in tuf history and has been protected up until the Leben fight. Not bashing, I just dislike him and dont think he is that great.

I think Henderson will beat him pretty bad.
prozacnation1978
4/5/09 9:17:45PM
hendo won't get subbed by bisping
bisping doesn't have a one punch knock out power
nor does bisping have what it takes to take a guy like hendo down to the ground hendo will wrestler him all 3 rounds, or knock bisping out
hendo is smarter than leban
NeaRMisS
4/6/09 2:03:31AM
Hendo by what ever way he pleases.
ianinspain
4/6/09 6:59:05AM
I think that undoubtedly Hendo has the power to finish and Mike probably does not but Mike proved in the Leben fight that tactically he is quite aware. I think he can potentially stay out of Hendos range and his sprall is good enough not to get taken down. Mike will pick and move IMO and take the decision but if hendo gets him down in each round he will lose via UD.

Come on Mike!
RMFG_187
4/6/09 9:47:24AM
I got Bisping by UD. I believe he is too fast and his stand up has improved dramatically. If Bisping can have a smart fight, I see him coming out on top. But if this fight is finished, its Hendo by KO/TKO. But I will be betting heavy on Bisping.
Red-Dragon
4/6/09 10:38:20AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Didn't he say the same thing right before Rashad sent him packing to MW. Bisping up to this point hasn't fought any one as good as Dan. Rashad being the only one and you see what happened there. Had Rashad fought like he dose now with being a striker Bisping could have been on the wrong end of a HL real. Hendo is going to beat Bisping down and after this fight Bisping won't get another top five guy to fight any more. [/QUOTE

Rashad wasnt all that different when he fought Bisping. I think that you are trying to cover up the fact that Bisping fought to a very close decision loss against Rashad where as Chuck got KTFO.
KaibaThedon
4/6/09 12:10:48PM
Hendo by UD, and Maia would sub bisping too
Hendo67
4/7/09 10:56:59AM

Posted by roadking95th

He hasn't fought people on the level of Bisping? really?
Would you rank Bisping ahead of Rampage, Anderson, Wand, Arona, Babalu, Nog?
If anything Bisping hasn't fought anyone near the level of Dan Henderson.

Bispings key fights:
Josh Haynes
Eirc Schafer
The King of Drop and Crumble, Elvis Sinosic
Matt Hammil
Rashad Evans (who he lost to)
Jason Day
Charles Mccarthy
Chirs Leben

Hendersons key fights:
Rampage Jackson
Wanderlei Silva 2x
Big Nog 2x
Babalu Sobral
Ricardo Arona
Anderson Silva
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin

you can't compare Bispings opponents to Dan's.
Red-Dragon
4/7/09 12:16:33PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by roadking95th

He hasn't fought people on the level of Bisping? really?
Would you rank Bisping ahead of Rampage, Anderson, Wand, Arona, Babalu, Nog?
If anything Bisping hasn't fought anyone near the level of Dan Henderson.

Bispings key fights:
Josh Haynes
Eirc Schafer
The King of Drop and Crumble, Elvis Sinosic
Matt Hammil
Rashad Evans (who he lost to)
Jason Day
Charles Mccarthy
Chirs Leben

Hendersons key fights:
Rampage Jackson
Wanderlei Silva 2x
Big Nog 2x
Babalu Sobral
Ricardo Arona
Anderson Silva
Vitor Belfort
Rich Franklin

you can't compare Bispings opponents to Dan's.

LOL at you totally missing the sarcasm
Hendo67
4/7/09 3:02:27PM
Crap, i couldn't hear his tone of voice, nor see his facial expression.

I read that quick, my bad.
Pages: [1] 2