Michael Bisping’s next opponent will be either Vitor Belfort or Yoshihiro Akiyama.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping’s next opponent will be either Vitor Belfort or Yoshihiro Akiyama.
jae_1833
7/4/10 3:22:04AM
link
Michael Bisping’s next opponent will be either Vitor Belfort or Yoshihiro Akiyama. The fight will take place at UFC 120, which is being staged at the O2 Arena in London on October 16th.

The news comes via Fighters Only and Daily Telegraph columnist Gareth Davies, who was told of the matchmaking by a very well-placed source.

Akiyama’s eligibility will be determined by his performance tonight against Chris Leben, with a loss most likely putting him out of the running for the October match.
Pookie
7/4/10 3:50:38AM
That sucks for bisping, He has to come up with a gameplan to strike with belfort.
ncordless
7/4/10 3:59:49AM

Posted by Pookie

That sucks for bisping, He has to come up with a gameplan to strike with belfort.

He should start with not circling into Vitor's power hand.
prozacnation1978
7/4/10 6:23:42AM
Looks like it may be belfort
Bad matchup for bisping
mrsmiley
7/4/10 8:36:00AM
RIP Bisping.
I'll be highly impressed is he last more than one round with Vitor.
icantthinkofanything
7/4/10 12:22:00PM
I think it should be Sexyama, and I see him beating Bisping at his own game. Vitor prolly needs a a tuneup fight, since he been out for a while now.
Bisping vs Sexyama
Vitor vs winner of Okami, or winner of Belcher fight, for a number 1 contender is best idea imo

Below is the result of Vitors knee, one of the worst cuts ever
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
noahgenda
7/4/10 12:43:55PM
i would pick either to beat bisping. its a shame akiyama didnt have just a little more cardio, that was an awesome fight last night
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 1:13:20PM
I thought there was an article saying that vitor was getting a title shot once he got back? Or is that out the window now because of the timing with the silva/sonnen fight.

With Akiy losing, should prolly be bisping/belfort and then akiy & wandy can heal and then fight each other.
jae_1833
7/4/10 1:38:58PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I thought there was an article saying that vitor was getting a title shot once he got back? Or is that out the window now because of the timing with the silva/sonnen fight.

With Akiy losing, should prolly be bisping/belfort and then akiy & wandy can heal and then fight each other.

Hell yeah....I am tired of seeing superfights not happen because one guy lost or won at the "wrong time" F that!!! Wand vs Akiyama has been looked at for a while now, they should get it on before one of them gets cut or retires!!
ziegler3334
7/4/10 1:47:55PM
I think bisping v leben 2 would be a better match up than bisping/belfort. vitor will for sure run through mike, and the way leben has improved i think he would get the win too. But, it would def be a more competitive fight.
sclasclemski
7/4/10 2:02:40PM
I like Bisping vs Belfort because I would like to see Vitor dominate Bisping...its a win/win Vitor win and Bisping loss...Though leben vs Vitor would be pretty intriguing as well.
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 2:06:10PM
I dont think bisping would be in favor of this matchup but I wouldnt mind seeing bisping vs cote.
Bloodhound
7/4/10 2:32:38PM
Both are just bad matchups for Bisping especially Vitor
icantthinkofanything
7/4/10 3:58:27PM
I see Leben, Akiyama, Vitor all beating Bisping. Cote may be a better choice to fight Bisping. I only see Vitor losing to Chael or another good wrestler.
Boo_Radley21
7/4/10 11:38:05PM
Belfort would ruin Bisping. It wouldnt even be funny
RearNakedJoke
7/5/10 4:07:31AM
Belfort by R1 KO

Akiyama by sexy decision

jae_1833
7/5/10 3:18:34PM
Well by the sounds of things it will be Leben VS Wand anyways, so maybe Sexy will get the shot at Bisping (Cote would be a good match up for either of them at this point too).
joshjr
7/6/10 4:24:48PM
Either one of those fights are worth seeing. Im not a big Bisping fan, but that ebing said if he can beat either of those opponets then I would have to say he is on his way.