Michael Bisping Opens As Heavy Favorite Over Mayhem Miller for TUF 14 Finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping Opens As Heavy Favorite Over Mayhem Miller for TUF 14 Finale
FastKnockout
6/12/11 9:51:06PM
While the fight is still six months away, the first odds have been released for the middleweight fight between Michael Bisping and Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller for the fight taking place at the ‘Ultimate Fighter’ season 14 finale.

LINK
prozacnation1978
6/12/11 11:01:00PM
I am probably gonna go with the count
And I doubt I will change this pick 6 months from now
Twenty20Dollars
6/12/11 11:32:54PM
Let's keep Bisping a heavy favorite, so I can make a killing.
otacon279
6/13/11 12:52:04AM
this is going to be a good fight.
Budgellism
6/13/11 1:07:39AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Let's keep Bisping a heavy favorite, so I can make a killing.

This.

Mayhem 2nd round sub.
Theoutlaw08
6/13/11 12:26:00PM
You guys are right, this is a good fight to make some money on.....
I'm saying Miller by Dec. And Bisping will cry that he didnt get the Dec. Him and LeBron James will have a lot in common: making excuses and crying about losing.
DosBox
6/13/11 12:35:57PM
Agree with the odds. Bisping is a more well rounded fighter. I think a lot of people underrate his wrestling ability to be honest. He mixes up his attack very well with kboxing + wrestling etc... I think he edges Miller by decision in a fairly contested fight. I think this fight comes down to whether or not Mayhem can take this to the ground.
Bubbles
6/13/11 5:01:13PM
i figured Bisping would be a -300 favourite. Miller wouldnt have fought in over a year at the time of the fight, Bisping has a clear advantage striking, and i doubt Mayhem will be able to take him down. even if he does, Bisping has a pretty good butterfly guard to get back to his feet.

i see this as a lopsided Bisping decision win
RyanC
6/13/11 5:09:08PM
I'll take that +185 all day.
Bowen50
6/13/11 7:14:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

i figured Bisping would be a -300 favourite. Miller wouldnt have fought in over a year at the time of the fight, Bisping has a clear advantage striking, and i doubt Mayhem will be able to take him down. even if he does, Bisping has a pretty good butterfly guard to get back to his feet.

i see this as a lopsided Bisping decision win

I've always felt that Mayhem is a very underrated fighter, even amongst hardcore fans. idk if it's because of his persona or what. Mayhem is a very fundamentally sound striker. i don't know if he's better than Bisping on the feet, that has yet to be seen. To question his grappling is asinine. He's a BJJ black belt and a although he doesn't have any NCAA credentials, he is a very solid wrestler. If you want to question his grappling abilities watch his fights against Jacare Souza and Jake Shields. Even though both fights were decision losses he definitely proves his worth as a grappler. He defends submission attempt after submission attempt against Jacare, who is not only one of the best BJJ practitioners in MMA, but is one of the best competitive BJJ practitioners in the world. Against Shields he again defends many submission attempts except this time gains many dominant positions on Shields and at the end of round 3 has a rear naked choke fully locked in. the only thing that saved Shields was the bell.

Bisping is in for a long night
Cooler
6/13/11 7:52:20PM
Good news for serious betters, Mayhem has got this via grapplef*ck to RNC.
sbulldavid
6/13/11 9:17:09PM
I like Mayhem as a fighter and he is a very good fighter but Bisping is just below the top tier and should be able to take a contested decision.
Jekyll
6/13/11 10:38:56PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I like Mayhem as a fighter and he is a very good fighter but Bisping is just below the top tier and should be able to take a contested decision.

Bisping is a high profile gatekeeper... He is a good fighter but not an elite fighter.

I think his antics put him in greater light then his skills have earned him.