Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75
« Previous Page
ultimatefighter33
6/21/07 12:35:03AM
hamill easly defeats bisping he had no problems taking him down at will on the show
cmill21
6/21/07 12:40:09AM
Good I hope Ken doesn't fight...if he loses everyone will remember the last portion of his career and him coming back and losing if he did lose.
nubby
6/21/07 12:09:38PM

Posted by ultimatefighter33

hamill easly defeats bisping he had no problems taking him down at will on the show

Yeah but they also weren't going full contact. In a real fight, Bisbing might knee him in the face when he goes down to shoot.
Nacho
6/21/07 2:47:42PM

Posted by nubby

Yeah but they also weren't going full contact. In a real fight, Bisbing might knee him in the face when he goes down to shoot.

Exactly... Remember when Grove gave him a nice head kick to the mellon on the show? Hamill has never fought anyone like Bisping. Bisping ain't losing this fight. All he needs to defend is lay and pray. I hope they pull Matt off if he tries to pull that crap.
hippysmacker
6/21/07 7:57:39PM
It's official from UFc.com via UFC junkie. Bisping .vs. Hamill

Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75 Confirmed by UFC
Posted by UFC Junkie on June 21, 2007 at 4:48 pm ET

Michael BispingDespite the rumors and contradictory reports, Michael Bisping (13-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) will in fact fight Matt Hamill (3-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC 75 on Sept. 8. The UFC confirmed the news today on UFC.com.

News of the bout first surfaced last week when UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) noticed a Ticketmaster event description that stated Bisping and Hamill would square off at the event. However, a few days later, The Fight Network reported that Bisping would instead face UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock.

But with today’s definitive announcement, fight fans in London, England, can now prepare for the battle of The Ultimate Fighter 3 cast members.

Bisping won the light heavyweight division of the Spike TV reality series and has since become a key cog in the UFC’s marketing efforts to expand into the European market.

After topping Josh Haynes in The Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale, Bisping defeated Eric Schafer with a first-round TKO at UFC 66. Then, in front of a Manchester crowd at April’s UFC 70 event, he scored a second-round TKO of Elvis Sinosic.

Hamill won his preliminary fight on The Ultimate Fighter 3 but was eventually forced off the show because of injury. The three-time NCAA Division III national wrestling champion most recently defeated Rex Holman at UFC 68 in March.

Hamill’s made no secret that he wants to fight Bisping. Hamill said he believes Bisping never would have won the show if it weren’t the injury that forced him out of the competition. In a recent blog, Bisping stated he has nothing to gain from the fight and even called Hamill “pathetic” for questioning the legitimacy of his title.

UFC 75 takes place at The 02 arena in London.
njekul
6/21/07 8:07:03PM
it very true bisping has nothing to gain hamill is rubish. hamill dosent set up his take downs. so hears the match for u 2 round tko by knee bisping. hamill is a joke.
richieb19
6/21/07 8:29:38PM

Posted by hippysmacker

It's official from UFc.com via UFC junkie. Bisping .vs. Hamill

Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75 Confirmed by UFC
Posted by UFC Junkie on June 21, 2007 at 4:48 pm ET

Michael BispingDespite the rumors and contradictory reports, Michael Bisping (13-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) will in fact fight Matt Hamill (3-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC 75 on Sept. 8. The UFC confirmed the news today on UFC.com.

News of the bout first surfaced last week when UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) noticed a Ticketmaster event description that stated Bisping and Hamill would square off at the event. However, a few days later, The Fight Network reported that Bisping would instead face UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock.

But with today’s definitive announcement, fight fans in London, England, can now prepare for the battle of The Ultimate Fighter 3 cast members.

Bisping won the light heavyweight division of the Spike TV reality series and has since become a key cog in the UFC’s marketing efforts to expand into the European market.

After topping Josh Haynes in The Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale, Bisping defeated Eric Schafer with a first-round TKO at UFC 66. Then, in front of a Manchester crowd at April’s UFC 70 event, he scored a second-round TKO of Elvis Sinosic.

Hamill won his preliminary fight on The Ultimate Fighter 3 but was eventually forced off the show because of injury. The three-time NCAA Division III national wrestling champion most recently defeated Rex Holman at UFC 68 in March.

Hamill’s made no secret that he wants to fight Bisping. Hamill said he believes Bisping never would have won the show if it weren’t the injury that forced him out of the competition. In a recent blog, Bisping stated he has nothing to gain from the fight and even called Hamill “pathetic” for questioning the legitimacy of his title.

UFC 75 takes place at The 02 arena in London.

Which leaves the question: Who's Shamrock going to fight?
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 10:04:25PM

Posted by nubby

Thats a good point, bisping is a lot smarter... so i am going with bisping ko...
drewie
6/24/07 5:05:04AM
Like many other I think its a slap in the face to match Bisping up with a guy like Hamill. I mean come on. He's an undefeated very entertaining and effective fighter and to this day the UFC have "refused" to give him a proper opponent that truly test his skills.

Fair enough, Hamill is a brilliant wrestler and surely his stand-up must be lightyears better these days but he's got nothing on Hamill.
allmotormark
6/24/07 12:22:15PM
hamil is just like how josh koschek was if someone can teach him to strike maybe we will see a great fighter if not he is just gonna lay on his opponents
CincySaint
6/24/07 12:25:48PM

Posted by griffinisback

I don't even think Matt's a decent wrestler, the UFC's just given him 2nd rate opponents to beat.

Dude? LMAO! Hamill is for sure a top notch wrestler. There is no question about it. I'm not saying he is a top notch MMA fighter, but give the guy some credit. He can out wrestle 75% of all fighters using no hands.
CincySaint
6/24/07 12:37:24PM
I don't think many of us here are giving this fight as much credit as it deserves. I think it will be a decent fight that ends by Bisping winning by KO in the second. Bisping is the more complete fighter and should beat Matt, BUT this is a fight that could go the other way if Hamill gets a hold of him and can control him. Notice there is an if in that sentence, because it is very probable that Bisping will land that knee or that kick when Hamill shoots, because i think Bisping's greatest asset is his mixed and innovative stikes. This is a fight that should have already happened, so lets get some closusre and watch it. The reason Bisping hasn't fought isn't because the UFC won't give him good opponents, its because he cant get his ass a work VISA to come here and fight. That isn't the UFC's fault. The only other area that I see a slight advantage going to Hamill is in strength, but that leaves alot of strengths going to Bisping. So I don't know, I realize this isn't a huuuge fight, it also isnt the worst we will see this year.
Piccosaur
6/24/07 12:59:33PM
Honestly I would prefer Bisping verse someone a bit better, because he will be the champ very soon I believe.
jeremygreen
6/24/07 7:05:12PM
I don't think it is a step down for Bisping and it will really show how prepared he is for the belt if he wins this bout, but I don't think Bisping will win and I believe Hamill will win a decision by taking him down alot and ground and pound.
Metafour
6/24/07 7:12:23PM
I'm not very excited about this match but I can see Bisping winning it.
J_wieting_9
6/25/07 3:20:06PM
It's not a step down
Bisping will destroy him though Hamil hasn't had anyone in the cage with trying to destroy like Bisping, Hamil might work it to the mat but Bisping will either sweep or get back up and pound Hamil till a Tko follow in the first round. By the by this match was terrible idea by the UFC the destroyed one guy as a prospect who ever loses (probably Hamil) isn't gonna be a relevant fighter any more.
J_wieting_9
6/26/07 11:56:35AM

Posted by nubby

I'm considering not even betting on their fight. I think that Bisbings ground game isn't good enough to keep Hamill from taking a decision if that is where the fight goes. On the other hand, I think Bisbing's standup is lightyears ahead of Hamills and would quickly destroy him with a few quick hits to the head. This fight can EASILY go either way.

Bisping has won a few British JJ titlesd I believe ( I don't about those so quote on them he has strong grappling background) so If it goes to the ground Bisping has good chance of tapping him out, but I agree that it will not be cake walk for the count.
Pages: 1 2 [3]