Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Naturaldisaster
6/15/07 12:32:23AM
Bisping is by far the mot over rated fighter around. Matt is learning alot. not to mention he is learning GnP from tito (great GnP) matt is obviously gonna take bisping down. and I think bisping is gonna get frustrated and lose focus and get tko'd in the 2nd round
Manfred
6/15/07 2:13:39AM
Bisping (understandably) thinks Matt has a weak chin. He's going to be aggressive and try to rock Matt quickly.
thepunisher
6/15/07 7:58:02AM
Hamill is getting knocked out
kaduey
6/15/07 2:54:12PM
Hamill is an amazing wrestler but everything else he does is terrible. Bisbing is very skilled and he'll handle Matt easily.
shackle
6/15/07 3:18:13PM
Hamill asked for the fight cause he knows he can beat bisping (they trained together). I think bisping has the most overrated stand up game right now... he looks good doing it, but I mean come on Elvis was giving him a hard time standing up.

I don't think he can stop Hamill's take downs, but If Hamill stands up even though I think bisping stand up is overrated I think hamill would have a hard time. I don't see him getting KO'd though. He most likely wouldn't win the stand up battle though..

Bisping didn't want to really fight matt in the TUF either It seemed to me. All he talked about was matt.

I know you guys aren't gonna agree, but I see hamill taking this fight.
Ydoc
6/15/07 3:25:48PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Why is Bisping fighting Hamill? He should be fighting a better opponent than that, he's earned it. Hamill either gets subbed or KO/TKO'd in this one.

Even though I think Bisping takes it I don't understand how Bisping has earned to fight better. Both fighters last 3 wins are over mediocre fighters (Bisping: Haynes, Schafer, Sinosic. Hamill: Forbes, Petruzelli, Holman). They deserve each other. This fight is good because it will tell the UFC who's ready for the next level.
pv3Hpv3p
6/15/07 3:39:15PM
I think Bisbing is a great fighter, but just a little undersized for LHW...

Hamill on the other hand, may not be the most well rounded fighter, but he's got great functional wrestling strength which I think can nuetralize Bisbing very effectively...

I would like to see Bisbing get the KO, but I think it will be a LnP dec in favor of Hamill.
keith-hackney1
6/15/07 6:26:01PM

Posted by griffinisback

Here's Bisping's original statement about the Hammer
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4770

What are your thoughts about this fight?
Is it a step down for Bisping?
Does Hamill have a chance?

Bisping by tko 3rd round !!!!!!
the-james
6/15/07 8:44:31PM

Posted by gutoo

I wanna see bisping x Lyoto Machida
would be a great fight

I dont see why people want to see fighters matched up against Machida so much all he does he make people look bad by not engaging and making the fight boring as hell anyone who has seen his fights with vernon white nad David Heath know that.
Bountytaker
6/16/07 12:09:04AM
Easy fight for "the Count".

Bisbing by flying knee (aka, British Air)
nubby
6/18/07 12:06:00PM
I'm considering not even betting on their fight. I think that Bisbings ground game isn't good enough to keep Hamill from taking a decision if that is where the fight goes. On the other hand, I think Bisbing's standup is lightyears ahead of Hamills and would quickly destroy him with a few quick hits to the head. This fight can EASILY go either way.
Ydoc
6/18/07 12:09:54PM
Fight has changed Nubby... I bet you'll bet on it now, seeing how the biggest foe of your favorite fighter is the new challenger for Bisping.
xchickox
6/18/07 12:33:03PM
is shamrock definately confirmed?

i thought it was just a rumour at the moment
richieb19
6/18/07 12:48:33PM

Posted by xchickox

is shamrock definately confirmed?

i thought it was just a rumour at the moment

Still just a rumor...
edge0125
6/18/07 1:02:52PM
Bisping by TKO in the first rd.
nubby
6/18/07 1:41:52PM

Posted by Ydoc

Fight has changed Nubby... I bet you'll bet on it now, seeing how the biggest foe of your favorite fighter is the new challenger for Bisping.

Haha! You might be right. If Shamrock fights Bisbing I will have to bet on Bisbing... DOWN WITH SHAMROCK!!!!
xchickox
6/18/07 3:00:13PM
its confirmed on the picks now...cant wait see bisping shut shamrock's mouth
Kastro
6/18/07 3:11:43PM
Im looking forward to this, mainly because this is a match-up with 2 guys who go out and throw bombs.

Shamrock has nothing to lose, he is going to go out and put on a good show. Bisping is on the verge of title contention and he has a lot to lose, but he is so much closer to his prime then Shamrock is.

I predict a first round KO here.. Bisping will win.
ProfessorChaos
6/18/07 3:47:40PM
What does Bisping get from this fight? If he wins then he beat an old, should be retired fighter. If he loses then he drops way out of contention for a title that will take him a long time to reclaim. That said Bisping TKO round 1.
The_Iceman
6/18/07 3:54:36PM
I don't think Ken Shamrock stands a change against Bisping..

1e round KO
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 4:02:18PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

What does Bisping get from this fight? If he wins then he beat an old, should be retired fighter. If he loses then he drops way out of contention for a title that will take him a long time to reclaim. That said Bisping TKO round 1.

This is just an idea...

MMA is still considered kind of underground and has a rather large internet fanbase...

A lot of self-proclaimed "die-hard" or "old-school" fans don't think that TUF fighters should be considered contenders...

Shamrock is a notable name... Bisbing isn't really fighting the man, or his record or whatever, he's fighting his name... A name a lot of the oldschool guys recognize and could bring legitimacy to not only Bisbing, but the entire TUF series (kind of like it did for Franklin)...

And Ken can get a paycheck (nothing wrong with that)

Just a theory, I don't really know if I buy it, but meh...

By the way... I'll take Shamrock by heelhook in the late 2nd / early 3rd
keith-hackney1
6/18/07 4:04:44PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by ProfessorChaos

This is just an idea...

MMA is still considered kind of underground and has a rather large internet fanbase...

A lot of self-proclaimed "die-hard" or "old-school" fans don't think that TUF fighters should be considered contenders...

Shamrock is a notable name... Bisbing isn't really fighting the man, or his record or whatever, he's fighting his name... A name a lot of the oldschool guys recognize and could bring legitimacy to not only Bisbing, but the entire TUF series (kind of like it did for Franklin)...

And Ken can get a paycheck (nothing wrong with that)

Just a theory, I don't really know if I buy it, but meh...

Bisping vs shamrock, you gotta be kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 4:11:48PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Bisping vs shamrock, you gotta be kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the rumor, I think it's still up there in the news section if you want to check it out, and they have already changed it in the fantasy picks... Weird, huh?
richieb19
6/18/07 4:18:02PM
If this all comes together I couldn't be any happier. It's always a thrill to see Shamrock step into the cage and put on a show... I must admit I'd much rather see him at HW, but he knows his body best I assume. Of course with this news there will come alot of haters, which just like to ramble on for no rhyme or reason, but Shamrock has fought nothing but top competition lately, so there isn't any reason we can't see another old-timers upset ala Couture/Sylvia... one man can only dream!
Stickan
6/18/07 4:34:23PM
I'm actually pulling for the upset here. Ken Shamrock winner by leg-lock rd.1.

naaaaaaaaah... Bisping wins by TKO in the first
DoTheMMAth
6/18/07 4:38:10PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Likewise, my pick is Shamrock via submission in Round 2. It looks like Shamrock is going to be a nice underdog for the wagers too, gonna have to put some serious coin on it (if I'm not broke after 1 event again like last season lol).
richieb19
6/18/07 4:49:21PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Likewise, my pick is Shamrock via submission in Round 2. It looks like Shamrock is going to be a nice underdog for the wagers too, gonna have to put some serious coin on it (if I'm not broke after 1 event again like last season lol).

For sure, he was +750 against Tito, so I see it as a potential moneymaker... in real coin aswell...
keith-hackney1
6/18/07 5:08:32PM
That is a stupid match up for bisping and ken !!!!!!!
why the hell would bisping want to fight ken !!!!!!!??????????????
richieb19
6/18/07 5:11:02PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

That is a stupid match up for bisping and ken !!!!!!!
why the hell would bisping want to fight ken !!!!!!!??????????????

Are you that oblivious... to make him a star, in front of a UK crowd.
hippysmacker
6/20/07 2:44:13AM
Just got this off UfC jumkie via Dave meltyzer at the wrestling observer. Meltzer is usally right. So I think the fights still on. I'm glad, I would prefer they had Shamrock fight someone else.

According to Meltzer:

Regarding rumors regarding the next UFC in London, England, Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill is still the scheduled match on that show. There are rumors regarding Bisping vs. Ken Shamrock, but that may have been discussed but it is not the current plan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3