Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill at UFC 75
Next Page »
griffinisback
6/14/07 2:42:52PM

Here's Bisping's original statement about the Hammer
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4770

What are your thoughts about this fight?
Is it a step down for Bisping?
Does Hamill have a chance?
the-james
6/14/07 2:56:11PM
Im not looking foward to this fight at all its deffinitly a step down for Bisping, i was looking to seeing Bisping fighting a guy like Alessio Sakara but o well. The fight will go down like this Hamill will take him down early and then he will gas half way threw the first round and then BIsping will knock him out.
griffinisback
6/14/07 3:00:03PM
I don't even think Matt's a decent wrestler, the UFC's just given him 2nd rate opponents to beat.
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:07:43PM
It's not a step down at all Hammill is very talented, and he will bring it, dont think he will beat Bisping though, I say this one goes to a Decision.
gutoo
6/14/07 3:18:21PM
I wanna see bisping x Lyoto Machida
would be a great fight
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:19:39PM

Posted by gutoo

I wanna see bisping x Lyoto Machida
would be a great fight

That would be an amazing fight I've never thought about that one.
tepid55
6/14/07 3:25:55PM
I think Hemill will ground and pound his way to a decision.
Stickan
6/14/07 3:44:52PM
Hamill doesn't like to get hit hard so it's a bad bad match-up for him. The only worse match-up for him I could think of is him vs Chuck Liddell.

I'm one of those people who sees Bisping as talented but a little overrated but this fight is his. Bisping TKO rd.2
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:45:50PM

Posted by Stickan

Hamill doesn't like to get hit hard so it's a bad bad match-up for him.

And you're basing this off of TUF 3?
griffinisback
6/14/07 3:47:36PM
I would have been so happy if Elvis had finished Bisping with that kimura in the 2nd.
fedorwins1
6/14/07 3:56:37PM
Why is Bisping fighting Hamill? He should be fighting a better opponent than that, he's earned it. Hamill either gets subbed or KO/TKO'd in this one.
MisFiT
6/14/07 3:59:38PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Why is Bisping fighting Hamill? He should be fighting a better opponent than that, he's earned it. Hamill either gets subbed or KO/TKO'd in this one.

Cause Hamill challenged him at the Press Conference after some UFC, I dont remember, whatever card they both fought on, it's all messed on sherdog and wikipedia.
fedorwins1
6/14/07 4:15:06PM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by fedorwins1

Cause Hamill challenged him at the Press Conference after some UFC, I dont remember, whatever card they both fought on, it's all messed on sherdog and wikipedia.

Oh I didn't know he challenged him. I know it's good for PPV buys because the casual fan wants to see this fight, because they saw them on TUF 3 and about the rivalry and everything. IMO Bisping should be fighting bigger name fighters.
MisFiT
6/14/07 4:16:22PM
After Hamill he should, he beat up a washed up Sinosic, alright big deal... Let Hamill get his wish then move him along.
nickdarik
6/14/07 4:25:56PM
this is more of a ufn main event. def a step down for bisping but a step up for hamill. hopefully hamill doesnt gas out and makes bisping a run for his money.
gatesbadass
6/14/07 5:26:29PM
I think this is going to be a great fight. Personally I think Matt Hamill will win this fight. Bisping has shown me nothing in both of his fights. He fought two lackluster opponents, and now I think he will have trouble with Hamill. I hope Matt shuts Bispings mouth.
Naturaldisaster
6/14/07 5:43:39PM

Posted by griffinisback

I don't even think Matt's a decent wrestler, the UFC's just given him 2nd rate opponents to beat.

hamill is one of the best wrestlers the ufc has!
griffinisback
6/14/07 6:04:04PM
I feel like thats hard to verify since he's only wrestled no name no skill fighters who if they weren't fighting Matt Hamill they wouldn't be in the UFC.
xchickox
6/14/07 6:24:45PM
i think bisping will destroy hamill, its another one for the british crowd to go wild to as they will obviously love seeing bisping win again, 1st round ko for bisping, good card for ufc 75 so far
ProfessorChaos
6/14/07 6:47:28PM

Posted by griffinisback

His three national titles in three different weight classes beg to differ.

http://www.tcnjathletics.com/Pdfs/gen/2006/1/10/wrestling%20ncaa%20d3%20history.pdf
Damien6663
6/14/07 7:03:58PM
ehhhh i think bisping is overated and i have not been impressed at all by hamil. Hamil looked shakey in some exchanges with seth "no heart" petruzeli, so i think bisping will put him down with punches. Imo bisping doesnt have very techincal striking but he does have ko power.
Ultimate_fighter
6/14/07 7:32:39PM
YES! I was waiting for this fight for a long time! I was hopeing to see these 2 fight eachother on the finale! YES! But Bisping got a lot better since TUF, same with Hamill. I say 3rd round tko bisping... so is this fight even happening or is it just a rumour... i no bisping is fightin someone on 75...
KYGUY07
6/14/07 8:14:58PM
I hate to say it cuz I hate Bisping, but I think the first round will prolly go to Hamill, but eventually Bisping will k.o. him in the late second. i dont think hamill is that good.
hippysmacker
6/14/07 8:23:00PM

Posted by MisFiT

It's not a step down at all Hammill is very talented, and he will bring it, dont think he will beat Bisping though, I say this one goes to a Decision.

I agree ,except I think Bisping will sub him in the 3rd. He'll spend a lot of time on his back, but I think he'll be active and frustrate and tire out Hammil . Then when he's gassed Bisping will sub him. He may prefer to stand but Bisping is BJJ blackbelt, lest we forget.
Basshandsome
6/14/07 8:31:29PM
I am surprised at the number of people who think Hamill will win this. IMO Hamill has almost no chance against Bisping. I agree that Bisping may be a little overrated but he still has skills no doubt. I see a 1st round TKO and if not then it will come in the second.
Manfred
6/14/07 11:32:23PM
Bisping said it best himeself:

"The fighter in question - I forget his name - is a good wrestler but has no BJJ and couldn’t strike a match. He’s the one who produced the most embarrassingly amateurish performance of the entire season, where even though he won he couldn’t continue in the competition as he was so bashed up.
link
CornishMMA
6/14/07 11:49:06PM
I think Bisping will get taken down repeatadly and lose - unless he has a fantastic mystery sprawl he has never shown before - im a brit who would like to see him win, just havnt been impressed enough to say he will be able to deal with such a strong wreslter

yes ok Hamill may have been bashed by Nickels but he showed he can take some and did so again against Petruzelli, then he proved his outstanding wreslting ability against a high calibre wreslter running through him in the 1st

Bisping hasnt showed any decent sprawl, he may have one with takedown shots, but he got taken down a few times by Schafer!! He isnt a good finisher as he laboured against Haynes, he wont have enough time to do that much to Matt imho
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:14:47AM
matts still raw but a great wrestler can make it in the ufc, that said bisping is way more experienced and will hit matt(which seems to make him wilt) so as long as mike has a sprawl he should frustrate matt into giving up mentally. could go for awhile though, maybe into rd 3
ProfessorChaos
6/15/07 12:21:21AM

Posted by cowcatcher
so as long as mike has a sprawl he should frustrate matt into giving up mentally.

If Cro Cop was world champ in bjj he would win everytime!!!!

You can say if ____ has _____ this, then he will win for any fighter. Thats the great part about this sport. Not every fighter is great at every aspect of fighting.

I thought Hamill would win TUF even with his limited experience before his injury. Great ( yes he is great not just "good") wrestlers do very well in the UFC even with a lack of other skills(Koscheck).

Hamill is only going to get better and better. Bisping hasnt fought anyone.

Hamill unanimous decision (lay and pray).
cowcatcher
6/15/07 12:30:24AM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Posted by cowcatcher
so as long as mike has a sprawl he should frustrate matt into giving up mentally.

If Cro Cop was world champ in bjj he would win everytime!!!!

You can say if ____ has _____ this, then he will win for any fighter. Thats the great part about this sport. Not every fighter is great at every aspect of fighting.

I thought Hamill would win TUF even with his limited experience before his injury. Great ( yes he is great not just "good") wrestlers do very well in the UFC even with a lack of other skills(Koscheck).

Hamill is only going to get better and better. Bisping hasnt fought anyone.

Hamill unanimous decision (lay and pray).

it wasnt that i was saying anything like that, its just we havent seen much of a sprawl from bisping yet, so i dont know if its there. if you had a pair you wouldnt get sand in your vagina over what i said either butters
Pages: [1] 2 3