Michael Bisping: Leben Still Look's the Same

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping: Leben Still Look's the Same
DvS
10/16/08 8:57:57AM
With Michael Bisping less than three days away from a middleweight clash with Chris Leben at UFC 89 in Birmingham, England, the UK standout made no qualms about what he thinks of his recently rejuvenated opponent.

“He still looks like the same Chris Leben,” Bisping told Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” on Wednesday. “There might be a little bit of a difference but I think ultimately he’s still the same fighter.”

Link.
emfleek
10/16/08 9:25:00AM
And I think you're ultimately wrong, Mikey.
Branwest
10/16/08 9:41:24AM
Not only is Leben more lean, in better shape physically, but he's doing better mentally. I think he'll be the first person to KO Bisping. And if and when it happens, I will laugh. I like Bisping, and he works hard and wants to be a champion, and is a good fighter, but he deserves some payback for making fun of Matt Hammil in the house on TUF. I think he was a little jealous of Hammil's skills, due to the fact that more attention was paid to Hammil than him before Hammil got hurt and couldn't fight anymore on the show.
WAR Leben!!
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/08 2:44:42PM
o agree with Bisping. he looked exactly the same against Martin and Sakara; just moved forward, ate punches and threw bombs. the Terry Martin fight was probably one of the sloppiest fights i have ever seen in my life, save for the Benji vs Ninja fight, and Leben's stand-up was as open as Sarah Palin's daughter's legs. against Sakara he was getting picked apart, however, Sakara has a glass chin and when Leben threw some hooks amidst eating combinations from Sakara, he rocked him and got the victory. Leben still has a brawling style and when i was watching the UFC countdown i had no idea what fights they were watching. Bisping is going to expose Leben just like Kalib Starnes and Anderson Silva were able to do.
Red-Dragon
10/16/08 4:04:57PM
WAR Leben,Whaaaaaaaa, Whaaaaaaaaaaaa, Cry, Cry Hamill was robbed, Bisping is going to get knocked out!!

Just thought I would save the efforts of the usual suspects - The Bisping haters who reply like this to every thread about him.
jakeiceman
10/16/08 5:06:40PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

WAR Leben,Whaaaaaaaa, Whaaaaaaaaaaaa, Cry, Cry Hamill was robbed, Bisping is going to get knocked out!!

Just thought I would save the efforts of the usual suspects - The Bisping haters who reply like this to every thread about him.

thanks for savin me the time!
Lethal
10/16/08 9:24:50PM
It's a tough fight to call. Bisping is a pretty well-rounded fighter but I don't think he'll be able to handle someone who keeps coming at him, especially when they have a giant brick for a head. Leben has been a wrestler longer than he's been a slugger so I don't THINK the ground game will be too much of a problem. I say if Bisping and Leben go toe-to-to, Bisping's going to sleep.

Also watching Leben's training video, he looks like he got into shape for this fight.