Michael Bisping: Fight with Brian Stann ‘Real Main Event’ for UFC 152, Not the Flyweights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping: Fight with Brian Stann ‘Real Main Event’ for UFC 152, Not the Flyweights
grappler0000
7/23/12 2:53:53PM
You can say what you want about Michael Bisping, but the guy sure knows how to sell a fight.

With two months remaining until Bisping returns to action at UFC 152 to face decorated Marine turned middleweight contender Brian Stann, the brash Brit is already doing his part to make their co-main event fight the biggest thing on the upcoming card in Toronto.

So big in fact that Bisping believes their bout is the real headliner and not the 125lb title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

“In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though,” said Bisping when speaking to Fuel TV on Saturday.

“This is the real main event of UFC 152.”

Link
grappler0000
7/23/12 2:54:13PM
Spoken like a true Bisping.
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/12 2:56:50PM
Yes, a main event that is only 3 rounds and not for a title.
FastKnockout
7/23/12 3:08:20PM
Cause your known for knocking dudes out, right Bisping?
SmileR
7/23/12 3:09:29PM
Jesus. . . This guy makes small steps forward and gets a few fans an then open his mouth again and people remember why they hated him to begin with! I'd say if it wasn't tat then BJ vs MacDonald would be the headliner!
Chael_Sonnen
7/23/12 3:23:12PM
Never heard of self-promotion before? Apparently not......you guys really need to read The Voice of Reason to get educated!

The fact that he (and most likely Chael) get soooo under your skin is only a win-win for them

If Ronda said that you guys would be making a mess all over your keyboard right now listening to some death metal in the background
SmileR
7/23/12 3:37:26PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Never heard of self-promotion before? Apparently not......you guys really need to read The Voice of Reason to get educated!

The fact that he (and most likely Chael) get soooo under your skin is only a win-win for them

If Ronda said that you guys would be making a mess all over your keyboard right now listening to some death metal in the background

I'm going to buy my second copy. Obviously I haven't paid enough attention.
Ronda can take her smoking hot body and fu*k right off though!
Chael_Sonnen
7/23/12 3:40:57PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I'm going to buy my second copy. Obviously I haven't paid enough attention.
Ronda can take her smoking hot body and fu*k right off though!

Excellente
lohmann
7/23/12 3:41:37PM
I hope Michael Bisping gets the title shot.
BuffaloDave
7/23/12 4:00:07PM

Posted by SmileR

Jesus. . . This guy makes small steps forward and gets a few fans an then open his mouth again and people remember why they hated him to begin with! I'd say if it wasn't tat then BJ vs MacDonald would be the headliner!

100% agree. I was actually starting to get behind him, until the past few months of him opening his mouth.

A part of me wants him to win, so Andee can beat the brakes off him, another part wants Stann to knock his block off, so he yet again fails to get a title shot. So either way it's a win-win situation, only downfall would be, he actually received a title shot.
MMAcca
7/23/12 4:25:09PM

Posted by lohmann

FastKnockout
7/23/12 4:38:54PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Bisping is a different story. He's rubbed me the wrong way since his TUF days.
Infused
7/23/12 4:42:48PM

Posted by lohmann

So Anderson can smash his face in?
RearNakedJoke
7/23/12 4:46:17PM

Posted by Infused

Posted by lohmann

Thats the only thing that makes sense.
grappler0000
7/23/12 4:46:20PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Bisping is a different story. He's rubbed me the wrong way since his TUF days.

Plus, when the hype dies down and the fight is over, Bisping is still the same person as he was prior to the fight. So, how much is promotion and how much is just being himself? He has his moments of humility, but not often enough.
lohmann
7/23/12 4:53:46PM

Posted by Infused

Posted by lohmann

tallica62
7/23/12 4:55:51PM
well...for the first time i agree with Bisping...I'm looking more forward to his fight than the unanimous decision title fight... atleast there's the chance Stann will KO him
prophecy033
7/23/12 5:18:32PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

If this is self-promotion then Bisping should give it up

Chael- King of Self-Promotion

Bisping- Not so much

"Two big hard hitting guys" Now I know dude can't "Count" cuz I only see 1 hard hitting guy
meier
7/23/12 5:33:42PM
No mr. bisping it should be igor pokrajac vs vinicius magalhaes
frizzzlecake
7/23/12 7:11:35PM
He makes a valid point though, I know a lot of UFC"Fans" who could give a shit about 125 class.....Send Faber to 125 and maybe people would start caring.

Not me personally JOE B brings it!
Dberntson
7/23/12 8:11:18PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

He makes a valid point though, I know a lot of UFC"Fans" who could give a shit about 125 class.....Send Faber to 125 and maybe people would start caring.

Not me personally JOE B brings it!

Agree. The flyweight title fight will be good. Those guys never gas, have great ground games, the fights are usually non stop action, even when it hits the ground. I'd rather watch any of the lighter weights fight any day over a Kongo / Jordan or other mid tier HW fight consisting of 2 minutes of action followed by 13 minutes of hugging after they gas. In my opinion LW is the best weight class in the UFC.
warglory
7/23/12 8:54:53PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

What's wrong with death metal?
bjj1605
7/24/12 12:23:17AM
Stupid thing for him to say.

Personally though I'm not a big fan of Flyweights or Bantamweights. Some of the fights can be really good but it does seem like there are a lot less knockouts at the lighter weights.
machodog76
7/24/12 3:21:41PM
I prefer thrash to death metal myself.
george112
7/24/12 4:27:54PM
Chael_Sonnen
7/24/12 5:23:15PM
Cool graphic design

Gandalf looks badass
crushedbacon
7/24/12 5:44:31PM
Neither fight is the main event in my mind. If I could only see one fight on this card... its without a doubt... Rory vs BJ.