Michael Bisping Is a Better Coach, Fighter, and Lover Than Dan Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping Is a Better Coach, Fighter, and Lover Than Dan Henderson
SmileR
4/28/09 10:45:14AM
Okay, maybe he hasn't said he's better in bed. But Michael Bisping has been laying into his Ultimate Fighter rival coach Dan Henderson lately, for a number of other reasons. First there was this interesting bit in his new TUF blog for UFC.com:
As you saw in the episode, I made good on my promise to ensure my team were at peak fitness. The footage of us running through Vegas was taken early in the morning. Basically, each team had two sessions in the gym later in the day so, in order to make sure Team UK were getting their cardio in but without affecting their ability to train in the gym, we ran at 8am.

Some people were surprised I was going to the house at 8am to run with them, but that’s the kind of coach I wanted to be. Plus, under the rules, Team UK – or Team USA for that matter – couldn’t leave the house except with me or to be taken to the gym. So if I didn’t run with them, they’d not be running at all. Without me going there and actually getting my guys, they would have no roadwork, and as a coach that wasn’t an option. As far as I know, Dan didn’t take his team out running or doing any cardio except what my team dubbed “Ultimate Frisbee”, which I think says it all. That was Team USA’s cardio training.
Bisping also slammed Hendo's understated television persona and excuse-making:
I respect Dan and what he’s done in his great career, and I understand his gracious sentiment of “I’ll do my talking in the ring” but, ahem, he did sign up for a 12 week TV series. As far as I understood it, talking is kinda an important part of this audio-visual medium we call “television” but if things were left to Dan, TUF 9 would have had to been broadcast as a silent movie.

One of the few times Dan woke up was to moan about his team making weight “three times” for the fight whereas my team had enjoyed two weeks between their eliminator and the first fight. Dan was certainly getting his excuses in early here...ONE member of Team USA — Miller — had to make weight twice close together. One eliminator and one fight makes two times, not three as Dan tried to say.

Link
DaBeatdown
4/28/09 10:57:42AM
Bisping is getting annoying
DevonFoxy
4/28/09 11:10:05AM
I love this season of TUF. Bisping has done nothing to deserve to be the coach on this show. He hasn't beaten anyone in the top 15 in the MW division and got the job because he was from the UK. I understand the aspect but there is no reason he should be the coach when you think about it other than where he was born!!

I think Bisping may need to stop all this talking and pissing Henderson off because as soon as Henderson gets ahold of Bisping it's gonna get pretty ugly imo. Bisping has no power in his punches and Henderson has an amazing chin hes going to get close grab him and beat him down....I don't see this going very well for Bisping and he's gonna look like a moron for all this talk imo.
NaziZombie
4/28/09 11:21:12AM
Bisping will be champ soon....

And yes he will beat Hendo, And Anderson.

mkiv9secsupra
4/28/09 11:31:32AM
When Bisping can fight competitively at MW, LHW, and HW and hold two belts simultaneously and have wins over guys like Wanderlei, Big Nog and Franklin as well as hard fought close decisions losses to top guys like Quinton Jackson and Ricardo Arona then he can say he is a better fighter!

Bisping is seriously getting annoying. That cocky attitude only seems to come up when he has his groupies around him. Cant wait for him to be on his back unconscious in the 1st round.

ANTI-WAR BISPING!!!!!!
amicali
4/28/09 11:33:13AM
Bisping will lose badly. He has no power, just relentless attack that will leave him open to get caught by hendo or get neutralized by hendo's wrestling.

And seeing Anderson now as more of a counter fighter, Bisping would (because he will won't get past hendo) get destroyed in every way against Anderson. The only way to catch Anderson is with a huge strike, which bisping doesn't have. Nor does he have good bjj so he has nothing there either.

The only thing the interests me would be to give bisping a brawl against Wanderlei. He'd lose but it'd be an exciting fight.
mkiv9secsupra
4/28/09 11:33:27AM

Posted by NaziZombie

Yeah, especially if he fights in England for both of those.....

tomp6581
4/28/09 11:46:50AM
Bisping has a mouth on him, we all know that. He is just trying to get a rise out of Henderson...which he wont.

Henderson is going to win this fight. 100%
prozacnation1978
4/28/09 12:07:00PM
bisping has to be on meds!!!
John_Jobber
4/28/09 12:10:45PM

Posted by NaziZombie

I totally agree. And then when Hell finishes freezing over Bisping will pull out his pink ice skates and ice-dance all over Hendo's grave...

TimW001
4/28/09 12:38:37PM
Bisping is a very fun personality. I haven't watched the last few seasons. I'm watching now, just because of Bisping. He's young and energetic. He has alot of potential. Just look at how far he has come since being on TUF3. There's no shame in his loss to Rashad.
HumanTarget
4/28/09 1:39:05PM
Wolfenstein
4/28/09 2:56:19PM
Bisping kind of has a point regarding Hendo's television persona, or lack thereof. Dan just seems disinterested thus far.

Bisping is talking up a good game, but he seemed afraid to engage Leben--who isn't half the fighter Hendo is. Michael seems much more comfortable at 185, but he still seems to lack power and strength, even at 185. It seems to me that Dan is going to be able to ragdoll him at will.
Hendo67
4/28/09 3:27:36PM

Posted by NaziZombie

HAHAHAHAHA
Chuteboxer
4/28/09 3:41:13PM
I've been saying it for a bit now, but I'll say it again. I didn't think Hendo could beat Rich. But now that he has, I'm fairly convinved that Bisping won't be a stretch for him. Rich could wipe the floor with Bisping; Hendo will do the same thing.

Hendo's fought Anderson and did to him for one round what no one else (save for..perhaps...Lutter) could do at the time. He controlled Anderson and won that round easily. For anyone to say that Bisping will dominate Hendo...well, let's just say you're kidding yourself. Hendo's fought the best in the world for years now. Bisping has not, and that will show in this fight. Talking will do Bisping no good whatsoever.
Amigop
4/28/09 10:42:23PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

When Bisping can fight competitively at MW, LHW, and HW and hold two belts simultaneously and have wins over guys like Wanderlei, Big Nog and Franklin as well as hard fought close decisions losses to top guys like Quinton Jackson and Ricardo Arona then he can say he is a better fighter!

Bisping is seriously getting annoying. That cocky attitude only seems to come up when he has his groupies around him. Cant wait for him to be on his back unconscious in the 1st round.

ANTI-WAR BISPING!!!!!!

cmill21
4/29/09 2:04:32AM
I haven't seen any of this seasons TUF lol.
Drudinh
4/29/09 5:27:45AM
I've seen only a couple episodes of tuf from this season and I'd agree that it seems, from what they are showing, Bisping is a more involved coach... But a better fighter? Fighters run their mouths all the time and talk big, but that is such a stupid statement. Hendo is gonna waste his ass
mentalcase
4/29/09 6:01:44AM

Posted by cmill21

I haven't seen any of this seasons TUF lol.

you can watch it on mma-core.com