Michael Bisping believes he's next in line for UFC title shot over cheating Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping believes he's next in line for UFC title shot over cheating Chael Sonnen
jjeans
9/13/11 2:14:45PM
Michael Bisping: "Mayhem Miller's Mouth Is Bigger Than His Brain"

Michael Bisping coached against Jason "Mayhem" Miller on the season of The Ultimate Fighter that was filmed this summer and will air on Spike TV this fall, and for fans of the show who enjoy seeing conflict between the coaches, Bisping has some good news: There was friction during filming between the two of them.

Bisping said on The MMA Hour that he and Miller had several encounters during the taping of the show, and he came away from them with less respect for Miller than he had before.

"Miller's mouth is bigger than his brain," Bisping said. "I definitely get the upper hand throughout the entire season. I'm not talking about the fights, I'm just talking about the one-on-one interaction with Miller."

LINK-jj
FastKnockout
9/13/11 2:33:50PM
I wouldn't care if he was on a six fight losing streak, I'd still love to see him matched against Silva. Bisping wouldn't be able to leave the cage without help from his corner.
prophecy033
9/13/11 2:41:18PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I wouldn't care if he was on a six fight losing streak, I'd still love to see him matched against Silva. Bisping wouldn't be able to leave the cage without help from his corner.

I want him to have a shot just to see him get humiliated, he doesn't belong in the same state as Anderson let alone the same cage. I'd actually be rooting for Silva in this one... Bring it on
Budgellism
9/13/11 3:05:04PM
Silva vs. Bisping would look worse than Silva vs. Okami. Bisping would be like a lost child in that cage against Silva.
MaxOne
9/13/11 3:12:37PM
So if/when Miller beats him does that mean that Miller is supposed to be next in line for a title shot? No.
prophecy033
9/13/11 3:15:10PM
If Bisping is next up, the Middleweight division is weaker then I thought
pmoney
9/13/11 3:16:18PM
Bisping would be made to look like a fool against Anderson Silva. He can't wrestle! Lol seriously though, Bisping is a good mixed martial artist. But he's not close to being on Anderson's level. No one is.

Chael needs another shot if he gets by Stann. If for no other reason than to see if the rematch would be as competitive as their first fight. But honestly, the only people who I think wouldn't be humiliated/massacred by Silva are Dan Henderson and Jon Jones. I don't necessarily think either would win, but they both have a shot, Jones having a greater shot.

Everyone else who wants to fight Silva I just laugh at and say "That's cute"
Chael_Sonnen
9/13/11 3:36:01PM
Title shot you say?
Poor_Franklin
9/13/11 4:08:15PM
Bisping could be a warm-up fight for Anderson's next fight

Let's say Anderson fights the winner of Sonnen & Stann. Before they come out, Bising comes out. Then Sonnen/Stann winner comes out. Then Anderson.

Bisping would be like a "Fluffer" for Anderson & the fans

Just keep Sonnen/ Stann on the outside of the cage until Anderson is done w/ Bisping, then we get the REAL fight.

(my original person when i came up w/ this idea a while back was Sean Salmon, but Bisping fits just fine here too)
Twenty20Dollars
9/13/11 4:47:51PM
I'd rather see Bisping get the shot than Sonnen.

But UFC really wants to match up Sonnen and Silva again.
Chael_Sonnen
9/13/11 5:55:06PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He can beat all the Dennis Kang's and Jorge Rivera's in the world, he doesn't even come close to a title shot.
prophecy033
9/13/11 6:33:28PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He can beat all the Dennis Kang's and Jorge Rivera's in the world, he doesn't even come close to a title shot.

Twenty20Dollars
9/13/11 6:56:17PM
Well I'd like to see Bisping get it because I like to see him get KO'ed
Poor_Franklin
9/13/11 7:55:11PM
bisping/hendo gif

anyone ever notice it looks like Dan kisses his fist before he goes for the kill?
Hendo67
9/13/11 8:28:58PM
Is this the same Bisping that thought he beat Wand? Pillowfists would look similar to Forrest.
Chael_Sonnen
9/13/11 8:39:35PM

Posted by Hendo67

Is this the same Bisping that thought he beat Wand? Pillowfists would look similar to Forrest.

Or the same Bisbing who actually thought he beat Hamill.
NE-1
9/13/11 8:52:12PM
I think Mayhem Miller will most likely win.

I think he'd lose to Stann, Maia, Munoz, Belfort, Okam, Silva, Palhares, Sonnen,
(Leben looks better than ever as of late and I could see him taking a smarter approach and winning a rematch), and Wanderlei again.

I'd rather watch Bisping fight Alessio Sakara. I think Sakara would give him fits.
I also think Belcher would give him a good fight.

Poor_Franklin
9/13/11 9:33:31PM

Posted by NE-1

I think Mayhem Miller will most likely win.

I think he'd lose to Stann, Maia, Munoz, Belfort, Okam, Silva, Palhares, Sonnen,
(Leben looks better than ever as of late and I could see him taking a smarter approach and winning a rematch), and Wanderlei again.

I'd rather watch Bisping fight Alessio Sakara. I think Sakara would give him fits.
I also think Belcher would give him a good fight.

Belcher/Bisping would be a good matchup if belcher wins this weekend & bisping loses to miller
bjj1605
9/13/11 10:09:23PM
Well there's a plus side in this...

Anderson wasn't supposed to fight until next year because of his shoulder. But I'm sure he'd take a fight against Bisping even if one of his legs was missing. He's got nothing to worry about.

Maybe we'll see him sooner than we thought.
jae_1833
9/14/11 1:13:20AM
Dude is making a completely ridiculous comment.....if he gets past Miller I would like to see him matched up against Munoz....at least that makes a little sense.
prozacnation1978
9/14/11 12:01:29PM
Bisping needs to beat miller
And one of the following
Belfort, sonnen, or okami next
Bubbles
9/14/11 12:28:40PM
Bisping has one of the better records of late in the weak MW division. why not give him a shot? his fight i guarantee will be more exciting than what "feared striker" Belfort offered up (a couple leg kicks and punches in 4 minutes). if he gets knocked out, who cares?
ghandikush
9/14/11 3:32:43PM

Posted by Bubbles

Bisping has one of the better records of late in the weak MW division. why not give him a shot? his fight i guarantee will be more exciting than what "feared striker" Belfort offered up (a couple leg kicks and punches in 4 minutes). if he gets knocked out, who cares?

He has a great record over shitties primarilly. He couldnt even outscore a slow old Wanderlei who was tailor made to lose that fight.

Anderson would toy with him.

This is why he should not get a title fight.
Hendo67
9/15/11 11:35:43AM

Posted by Bubbles

I care, i want to see Anderson fight guys who are a legitimate threat to his title, i mean he is the champion, correct? Do you honestly think Bisping is a threat to his MW crown?...

As a fan i want Anderson to fight guys who aren't feeding into Andersons strengths (Forrest, Irvin, Okami etc) Bisping would just be another guy Anderson doesn't take seriously and ends up popping him in the kisser and tko'ing him when he feels like it.

Bisping beat Jorge Rivera, an undercard fighter and now he's suddenly deserving of a shot? wow.
newgrrrl
10/9/11 2:28:11PM

Posted by Hendo67

Bisping won't get past Miller. If he does, I wouldn't pay to see that. Even the UFC can't put enough hype behind Bisping to convince anyone he has a chance in hell of beating Silva.
Omega_8
10/15/11 1:11:55PM
I think Bisping deserves a chance before Sonnen deserves a second, but i personally think Mayhem with out grapple The Count on his way to a Unanimous decision.

If Bisping were to get a title shot, it would be huge for British MMA, but i just don't see a way he could beat Silva. Bisping is a great fighter, and believe it or not he's one of my favorites. But he just isn't good enough at any one discipline (i'm mostly talking about wrestling) to give Silva any problems. i hope i'm wrong, but i doubt i am.
Boo_Radley21
10/15/11 1:47:14PM
40ouncetpkid
10/15/11 2:28:40PM
Michael Bisping believes hes jesus freakin christ, we already know this, dont change the fact Anderson could actually kill him with one good punch.
Wolfenstein
10/15/11 2:45:49PM
He is deserving, considering he's 11-3 in the octagon--for whatever reason the UFC never puts him in against the top tier guys. He can't help that...he can only fight the guys the UFC puts in front of him. Should he beat Mayhem, I don't see anyone else more deserving.

I don't think he stands a chance--but it would probably sell a lot of PPV's .