Michael Bisping Can Beat Both Rich Franklin & Dan Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping Can Beat Both Rich Franklin & Dan Henderson
Next Page »
DCRage
11/25/08 12:04:18PM
At least he thinks so. Michael Bisping says he'd love to fight both of them, and thinks he could beat both of them. Depending on who winds up being the US side's TUF 9 coach, at least one of those fights could happen.

Article
The_Ho_Bag
11/25/08 12:10:06PM
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

doubt it =)
ohiostate1016
11/25/08 12:10:28PM
I'd love to see Bisping fight Henderson. That could be the fight of 2009 if it happens. Both guys are well-rounded, so we have no idea which fighter would prefer to do what. Bisping has the combos, but Hendo has the power. Hendo has the Greco, but Bisping has the jits and all-around ground game.
xtra_chewy
11/25/08 12:14:00PM

You cant be serious......

I think the Leben victory went to his head.

Chieftan1997
11/25/08 12:15:51PM
Bisping is dreaming. Both those guys would destroy him. Can't wait until Bisping fights a top contender so i can see him get beat up.
Aaronno9
11/25/08 12:19:16PM

Posted by xtra_chewy

You cant be serious......

Why not? Show me an interview with a fighter where he talks about his upcoming opponent, and says "no, actually, i probably cant beat him."

You might just think this is my bias towards Bisping showing becouse hes English or whatever, but what would be the point in Mike, or any fighter taking a fight if they didnt think they could win?

Id personally pick both fighters to beat Mike, but i think they'd both be fun match ups.
Bowen50
11/25/08 12:20:03PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

doubt it =)

exactly what came out of my mouth when i read the headline
bullettdodger
11/25/08 12:22:42PM
Bisping is not on the same level as Franklin and Hendo, I don't see Mike being a fighter of their caliber soon, he need more training and more fights. I will enjoy seeing either one of these match ups. Also i agree with Aaronno9 in that no fighter is going to say that he thinks he is going to lose in an upcoming fight... unless he is betting the farm on himself anyway.
grappler0000
11/25/08 12:29:02PM
Do I think he can beat them? No...but I'm not gonna get bent out of shape because a news source decided the quote was headline worthy. The truth is that I expect any confident fighter to make these types of comments during an interview. Business as usual.
Twenty20Dollars
11/25/08 12:32:32PM
He shouldnt be overconfident with that win over Leben because all he did was counterstrike leben and didnt finish him.

Bisping loses to both but I only see him maybe facing Hendo, rich idk if he will return to 185 unless anderson is dethrowned.
The_Ho_Bag
11/25/08 12:35:51PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

doubt it =)

exactly what came out of my mouth when i read the headline

yessir
miphi1991
11/25/08 12:39:58PM
I don't think he can beat them now, but I do think his career may be more successful then either of their's. He definitly an up-and-comer.
gartface
11/25/08 12:49:44PM
Both would end up putting him to sleep. They're both more technical and have good power in everything they throw as opposed to Leben's left hand. Franklin can knock him out with his hands or feet. Hendo can hit him with either hand and make him eat canvas. But I agree that a fighter has to be confident in his own abilities. Bisping needs to believe he can beat them if he's going to step into the cage with them.
Princeofpunk
11/25/08 1:04:33PM
Ok I could see him beating franklin but not by stoppage or submission

maybe a SD

But hendo...

Someone has a serious case of loser denial
scpd400
11/25/08 2:20:09PM
you got to be freakin kidding me. He couldn't beat either of them
motorboatensob
11/25/08 2:20:18PM
The only reason Bisping is still in the spot light is that the UFC needs an English fighter so when they go to England they have a some one to cheer for. He ran his mouth at 205 until he lost two fights that's right two fights the hammer beat him. Now he is at 185 and still hasn't made it in to the top raked fighters and still he runs his mouth. He would lose to Franklin, Henderson, Silva,Nate M.,and Okami. The man just needs to accept the fact he is a B level fighter.
Aaronno9
11/25/08 2:40:34PM

Posted by motorboatensob

The only reason Bisping is still in the spot light is that the UFC needs an English fighter so when they go to England they have a some one to cheer for. He ran his mouth at 205 until he lost two fights that's right two fights the hammer beat him. Now he is at 185 and still hasn't made it in to the top raked fighters and still he runs his mouth. He would lose to Franklin, Henderson, Silva,Nate M.,and Okami. The man just needs to accept the fact he is a B level fighter.

Or he might be in the spot light becouse he keeps giving top performances, entertaining fights, and most importantly gaining wins. And hes hardly running his mouth, if you actually read the article you'll see hes very respectful about both dan and rich.
haggiswashere
11/25/08 3:05:42PM
I think he is believing in the false hype too
Red-Dragon
11/25/08 3:44:11PM

Posted by motorboatensob

You mention the Hamil fight. What a suprise

Typical boring response. Why bother posting?
haggiswashere
11/25/08 3:52:00PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by motorboatensob

Or he might be in the spot light becouse he keeps giving top performances, entertaining fights, and most importantly gaining wins. And hes hardly running his mouth, if you actually read the article you'll see hes very respectful about both dan and rich.

Gaining wins? Leben is the best he beat and Leben is B level. I understand what motorboatensob means but he used word choice that pisses you guys off. Bisping is important to the ufc for expanding to europe but is no where near as amazing as some of you guys claim he is.
Red-Dragon
11/25/08 4:15:39PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by motorboatensob

Gaining wins? Leben is the best he beat and Leben is B level. I understand what motorboatensob means but he used word choice that pisses you guys off. Bisping is important to the ufc for expanding to europe but is no where near as amazing as some of you guys claim he is.

I dont see many on here claiming that he is amazing so what kind of statement is that? In fact Aaronn mentioned in his first post that he thought Bisping would lose to both Hendo and Rich and I feel the same. I think it is more that there is a hate factor here and the same people jump on any Bisping thread to slag him off.
These are the same people who were saying that Leben would beat him and Leben was a contender as he had supposedly got his act together, yeah right!
Lets all jump on the "Bisping is a B level fighter " and "Bisping has sloppy stand up" bandwagon (2 statements I have seen made time and time again on this site) and totally discount the fact that Bisping did a lot better against Rashad than Chuck did. He is by no means the best but he is not as bad a fighter as you wish he was.
haggiswashere
11/25/08 4:30:38PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by haggiswashere

These are the same people who were saying that Leben would beat him and Leben was a contender as he had supposedly got his act together, yeah right!
Lets all jump on the "Bisping is a B level fighter " and "Bisping has sloppy stand up" bandwagon (2 statements I have seen made time and time again on this site) and totally discount the fact that Bisping did a lot better against Rashad than Chuck did. He is by no means the best but he is not as bad a fighter as you wish he was.

And Chuck did alot better against Tito than Rashad did. MMA math doesn't mean a thing. Its how you do against notable opponents. I never said he sucked i just said he is B level. and you freaking out about my comment kinda shows you are on the worship bisping bandwagon lol so don't talk about bandwagons.
jae_1833
11/25/08 4:44:03PM

First thing....no, neither
Secondly they are both fighting at LHW either way. Coach should be Marquardt!!
bls1919
11/25/08 6:26:06PM
Maybe he could if they were playing Madden or somthing. Franklin would cut him up standing and Hendo would all around TCB. Bisping is good but to will lose to both of these guys convincingly
iwannabesedated
11/25/08 6:35:42PM
I'd pick either Hendo or Franklin to beat Bisping.But as cliche as it sounds or is..Anyone can land the one punch to win a fight.I cant blame Bisping for thinking he can beat them because you never want to doubt yourself or abilities.However if Bisping would beat either one we can consider him a legit A level MW.
miphi1991
11/25/08 7:22:39PM
I have to agree. Bisping is defenitly a fighter in the right mindset. He can be quoted saying hes not really ready for a title shot and I think hes a all around goo fighter.
cmill21
11/25/08 7:40:09PM
I think he loses to both but I don't know much
jiujitsufreak74
11/25/08 7:46:45PM
what do you expect him to say, that he'll get his ass whooped? c'mon guys
Red-Dragon
11/25/08 7:54:42PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by haggiswashere

And Chuck did alot better against Tito than Rashad did. MMA math doesn't mean a thing. Its how you do against notable opponents. I never said he sucked i just said he is B level. and you freaking out about my comment kinda shows you are on the worship bisping bandwagon lol so don't talk about bandwagons.

Who accused you of saying Bisping sucked??

What made you draw the conclusion that I am freaking out??

Come on man, you make no sense.

Enlighten me. What do you class as B level?
EvenFlow
11/25/08 8:23:07PM
the hendo fight would look just like the hamill fight except hendo stops him with gnp or on the feet bisbing cant ko hendo or submit him and franklin would just outclass him on the feet and on the ground and win a tko or UD

arrogance is the downfall of man so let bisbing think hes something great, all the better when he gets humbled, look at diego everyone thought he was the next great thing then he was humbled twice, same with gsp was humble by serra now better than ever and imo both are tenfold the fighters they were before

its in mikeys best interest to be arrogant and get ko'd honestly, i would like him better if he got ktfo
Pages: [1] 2