Michael Bisping: "Anderson's Only Human, Anything Is Possible"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping: "Anderson's Only Human, Anything Is Possible"
DCRage
10/4/08 1:15:03PM
Although he has other business to take care of before such a fight could happen, Michael Bisping is already thinking, and talking, about an Anderson Silva fight. Bisping thinks his strong point, wrestling, could help him against Silva, who he thinks is a weak wrestler, and that Anderson is only human despite rumors to the contrary.

Article
aaa9erh8er
10/4/08 1:17:08PM
ok everyone with good wrestling says this and granted anderson is human(by definition) i dont see bisping getting close enuff to get a take down. but it could happen i guess but i could also be the next presedent..........anything is possible
JoeySteel
10/4/08 1:40:25PM
He is not a human.

He only put those losses on his record so YOU will think he is a human.
wapttn
10/4/08 2:55:10PM
dan henderson's wrestling > michael bispings. I still think that henderson could beat silva if he executed his game plan properly (5 rounds of what he did in round 1), but every time a round ends and you havent finished silva, you gotta start on your feet.

Bisping's strong point is his stand up, its well rounded, he's decently accurate, and has decent power. Bisping has decent wrestling, but his wrestling is nowhere near elite.

Silva's strong point is his stand up. He probably has the best functional muay thai in mma, is scary accuate, and has the power to knock out people like leben and henderson (i know it didnt happen, but had they stayed vertical, it would've). So if by some miracle bisping was able to setup his takedown... has he ever faced someone who's a legitimate blackbelt in bjj? I know he got lutter to tap from strikes... but the fact that he got lutter into a triangle, and choked out henderson is pretty impressive.

I think bisping needs to beat a top 20 from any division before he starts talking about beating who many consider to be the best p4p in the world.
Ben_Hutch
10/4/08 3:12:07PM
Bisping's improving hugely every fight, don't write him off just yet.
casey64
10/4/08 3:15:04PM
IMO, I think Bisping is next in line after the Cote fight, which Silva will win. I think if Bisping puts his head to it he can do it.IMO
Porch28
10/4/08 3:47:16PM
He is a human that destroys other humans
Ben_Hutch
10/4/08 3:56:35PM

Posted by casey64

IMO, I think Bisping is next in line after the Cote fight, which Silva will win. I think if Bisping puts his head to it he can do it.IMO

I agree........
Pskinner_mma314
10/4/08 4:03:54PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by casey64

I agree........

Actually its more likely to be Okami, bein as he already got pulled from a fight with Silva cuz of an injury.
crazedfan
10/4/08 4:21:11PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by casey64

I agree........

Actually its more likely to be Okami, bein as he already got pulled from a fight with Silva cuz of an injury.

Except Okami's already scheduled to fight Dean Lister in December.
Ben_Hutch
10/4/08 4:24:41PM

Posted by crazedfan

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by casey64

I agree........

Except Okami's already scheduled to fight Dean Lister in December.

And Okami won't make the UFC as much money as Bisping.
NeaRMisS
10/4/08 4:29:19PM
Hmm bisping beat leben already? Lets not get ahead of ourself, I mean really. This guy hasn't beat anyone in the top 20 and hes pretty much calling anderson out. Anything for publicity I guess.
kaskd
10/4/08 4:30:07PM
i'm actually surprised that this many people think Bisping even has a chance. true he's got a puncher's chance but let's be realistic here. Anderson Silva's going to get an easy win with this fight.
wapttn
10/4/08 4:36:19PM
I dont deny bisping's talent, or his rate of improvement, or that fact that he is a legitimate fighter... but how do you justify giving him a title shot IF he beats leben? In all likelihood, bisping will beat leben by decision... so he deserves a titleshot more than.....

Dan henderson?
Who is fighting franklin at 205, but as we all know its a 185 fight without having to go through the unpleasant weight cutting process. If henderson beats franklin, a far better case can be made for the expride lhw weight champ to get another shot

Rich franklin?
If he can beat henderson, then ya nobody wants to see franklin vs silva again... but he's still more deserving than bisping with his win over lutter... not to mention the fact that he FINISHed his friend in hammill... where bisping barely squeaked out a controversial decision.

Yushi Okami?
Who already has a win over silva (i know i know..), and already earned a title shot... and has only lost a decision to franklin over 7 fights against contenders in the mw division.

Nate Marquardt?
Granted he did lose a split decision to leites.. but he manhandled jeremy horn and destroyed kampmann.

Now to say that bisping has earned a titleshot by beating leben when leben doesnt even rank in the ufc's top5 for middle weights suggests to me that someone's hands are tightly clasped around bispings nuts. If you wanna see things a little more clearly, ask yourself if bisping would be a favourite against any of these 4 fighters?

Red-Dragon
10/4/08 4:37:26PM

Posted by kaskd

i'm actually surprised that this many people think Bisping even has a chance. true he's got a puncher's chance but let's be realistic here. Anderson Silva's going to get an easy win with this fight.

I like Bisping and usually back him up. However this is going a little to far. Bisping may one day beat Silva but there is nothing right now to make me think he could do it if you put them in the cage together tomorrow.
Ben_Hutch
10/4/08 5:00:28PM
You guys are missing the point, title shots are given to those who will make the UFC money, not to those who deserve it most (e.g - Jardine being given Wanderlei after beating Liddell), not saying Jardine should deffinately have been given a title shot, but there's no way on earth he should have been given Wanderlei.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/4/08 5:26:33PM
No surprise that everyone has written off Cote' so well when Cote' is the champ I guess Bisping may fight Silva then
Porch28
10/4/08 5:59:47PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

No surprise that everyone has written off Cote' so well when Cote' is the champ I guess Bisping may fight Silva then

Red-Dragon
10/4/08 6:00:06PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Cote' has less chance than Bisping
saemskin
10/4/08 7:03:48PM
One thing Bisping has going for him is his long body. He is nearly the same build as Silva. Obviously silva is a bit more "spider-like" but very similar. I think that body style had alot to do with his ability to win.
Long and strong.

If Bisping comes out and walks through Leben, then I'd say yes, he has a chance. If he comes out and it's a 3 round deicsion war, I doubt he could win against anderson. If he loses, well....
MALICE
10/4/08 9:13:42PM
A lot of people keep saying that they think Bisping will beat Silva. That's fine. That's their opinion. I don't think so, but that's my opinion. One thing I want to know is, Why? and How? do they think Bisping is going to beat Silva. I have seen no reasons, only predicted winners.
RNC
10/5/08 2:56:56AM
Bispings wrestling is better than Dan Henderson's, that's why he'll be able to beat Silva.

Ben_Hutch
10/5/08 9:58:41AM

Posted by RNC

Bispings wrestling is better than Dan Henderson's, that's why he'll be able to beat Silva.

Hahahahahahaha

Shutup.
KYGUY07
10/5/08 2:18:08PM
i honestly think silva isnt human lol that guy is a monster. i think after cote, okami should get the next shot but knowing the ufc they will prolly give it to bisping, still im excited to see just how good bisping would do against the spider, bisping looks great at Mw.
xtra_chewy
10/5/08 11:46:34PM
It will be a long road back to the top for Bisping after he gets KO'ed by Leben.
tooly236
10/6/08 12:17:30AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

You guys are missing the point, title shots are given to those who will make the UFC money, not to those who deserve it most (e.g - Jardine being given Wanderlei after beating Liddell), not saying Jardine should deffinately have been given a title shot, but there's no way on earth he should have been given Wanderlei.

Very bad example, but you are right. I personally love this about the UFC. Let us be honest, did anyone really want to see Lindland as a champion. We can all agree on that.