Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher co-headlines UFC 159 in New Jersey

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher co-headlines UFC 159 in New Jersey
Budgellism
1/30/13 1:16:28PM
A middleweight bout between Michael Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) and Alan Belcher (18-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) will serve as the co-headliner of April's UFC 159 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the bout with UFC officials following an initial report from ESPN.com.

UFC 159 takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The main card, including a headliner between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

LINK
cowcatcher
1/30/13 1:19:13PM
There is going to be some major smack talking coming from a few people on this card. Should be an interesting presser and weigh ins.
FastKnockout
1/30/13 1:19:17PM
YES!
JLS1980
1/30/13 1:39:28PM

Posted by cowcatcher

There is going to be some major smack talking coming from a few people on this card. Should be an interesting presser and weigh ins.

I was thinking the same thing. Sonnen and Bisping will do their usual thing. It should be entertaining.
Bubbles
1/30/13 1:41:58PM
Budge, you got your wish
Theoutlaw08
1/30/13 1:45:20PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by cowcatcher

I was thinking the same thing. Sonnen and Bisping will do their usual thing. It should be entertaining.

I was thinking this too. Gonna be some sweet shit talking for this battle and for the card. Gonna be a slug fest, hope Bisping drops two in a row, but Bisping is easily the better and smarter fighter.
Budgellism
1/30/13 2:10:20PM

Posted by Bubbles

Budge, you got your wish

That I did

One of my favourite fighters vs one of my least favourite fighters. This should be fun.
prozacnation1978
1/30/13 2:11:58PM
Better ppv line up this time around than Jones vs Evans
Decent co main
My guess is philippou will also be on the card
sparky
1/30/13 2:14:48PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Budge, you got your wish

That I did

One of my favourite fighters vs one of my least favourite fighters. This should be fun.

Thats how I feel Budge

WAR BISPING

I'll AV bet against Belcher all day in this one
Budgellism
1/30/13 2:17:37PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Budge, you got your wish

That I did

Thats how I feel Budge

WAR BELCHER

Fixed
airkerma
1/30/13 2:30:53PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Budge, you got your wish

That I did

Thats how I feel Budge

WAR BISPING

I'll AV bet against Belcher all day in this one

If Budge doesn't, I will. War PM War Burper
Poor_Franklin
1/30/13 3:54:22PM
i do agree w/ Bisping being the smarter fighter, as Belcher showed no smarts whatsoever allowing the fight w/ Okami to go to the ground on more than 1 occasion

i love this though. Belcher could easily beat Bisping, but no one on here will pick him, so my points will be well earned when Belcher wins the UD.

WAR BELCHER!
tcunningham
1/30/13 3:57:25PM
i think if belcher wins this is will be by KO. i'll pick bisping all day but root for belcher for sure.
bjj1605
1/30/13 4:04:11PM
Here's to hoping we get to see Bisping KTFO again.
shaneTpain
1/30/13 4:23:49PM

Posted by bjj1605

Wolfenstein
1/30/13 4:36:00PM
Two of my favorites locking horns--finally! Can't wait to see it...thinking Bisping might try and take it to the mat early. I think it could be exciting anywhere the fight ends up.
LightsOUT23
1/30/13 4:52:02PM

Posted by bjj1605

What a surprise ...
sparky
1/30/13 7:13:39PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Budge, you got your wish

That I did

Thats how I feel Budge

WAR BELCHER

Fixed

AV Bet Budge??
RhythmAndStyle
1/31/13 1:53:10AM
aww fucken snap..if Bisping brings back his wrestling or at least mixes it up with his striking..Bisping should win it..if not the Talent gonna put a muay thai lesson on Bisping..but as always, i always got Bisping back..
BillsNewAccount
1/31/13 11:36:08AM
Anyone see Belcher get double legged by Funky Ben after his last fight? Funky Ben had already fought for 4 rounds and just dumped Alan. I know they are buddies just dicking around but Belcher's TDD is pathetic. I really thought Belcher had turned a corner after his impressive win against Paul Harris but now I'm thinking Bisping is going to repeatedly introduce Belcher to the mat when they fight.
Bubbles
1/31/13 12:20:58PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Anyone see Belcher get double legged by Funky Ben after his last fight? Funky Ben had already fought for 4 rounds and just dumped Alan. I know they are buddies just dicking around but Belcher's TDD is pathetic. I really thought Belcher had turned a corner after his impressive win against Paul Harris but now I'm thinking Bisping is going to repeatedly introduce Belcher to the mat when they fight.

I was hoping that was the case vs Belfort but I don't remember a single TD attempt