Michael Bisping Is Top 10 Or You're Crazy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Michael Bisping Is Top 10 Or You're Crazy
DCRage
4/9/09 12:46:27PM
That of course comes straight from the mouth of the TUF 9 UK coach, who says he's ready to face Dan Henderson at UFC 100 and already considers himself Top 10. And thinks it's crazy if you don't.

Article
CiaoBaby
4/9/09 1:30:55PM
Top 10 middle weight maybe. If he thinks he is top 10 p4p, he needs to go get mental health care. Not just the 'go see the doctor once a week' routine either. He needs to be studied at a university level. Teams of physiatrists observing him around the clock. Having meetings and conference calls about him. BAT SH-T CRAZY!
sparky
4/9/09 1:51:15PM
Im not sure I agree with him on this one. I would say top 15 right now if he beats Dan then we will talk about top 10.
roadking95th
4/9/09 2:08:15PM
I know guys are supposed to hype fights, but I am growing tired of this trend.

It's great Bisping thinks this, I guess. One has to be confident in their abilities. It is a little outlandish but ehh...

I actually found it more ridiculous to say he outclasses Dan. I could see this being a good fight and possibly being a Bisping win, but a lot of things would have to happen in his favor.

Bisping has improved every fight. If he can beat Dan decisively, not by lucky punch or anything, then we can start talking 10-15 P4P range.

wiggum
4/9/09 2:30:59PM
i hope he was refering to top 10 in the ufc...which then i would agree....but right now, he needs to have a more significant win than outpointing chris leben on his record to be considered top 10 world wide....if he beats dan, then yeah, top ten and i would even say title shot.....at the end of the day, hes a confident guy, and as such hes gonna act like one, thats all
Aaronno9
4/9/09 2:46:31PM
I dont see how its that outlandish. I mean, he doesnt mention p4p so I would assume he meant the MW division, nothing suggests otherwise. And hes in the hounerable mentions part on the top 10 MWs on this site so obviously hes not the only one who thinks he should be in the top 10.
DevonFoxy
4/9/09 2:52:30PM
1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Henderson
3.)Yushin Okami
4.) Nate Marquardt
5.)Rich Franklin
6.)Gergard Mousasi
7.)Vitor Belfort
8.)Robbie Lawler
9.)Demian Maia
10.) Akiyama
11.) Thales Leites
12.) Patrick Cote
13.) Jorge Santiago
14.) Misaki
15.) Ricardo Almeida
16.)Bisping

Guess I'm crazy, But i could probably put a few more guys ahead of him. I think people are forgetting that Cote is still in this division and I'd like to see Bisping fight Cote when hes all healed up.
DevonFoxy
4/9/09 2:55:48PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I dont see how its that outlandish. I mean, he doesnt mention p4p so I would assume he meant the MW division, nothing suggests otherwise. And hes in the hounerable mentions part on the top 10 MWs on this site so obviously hes not the only one who thinks he should be in the top 10.

I see what your saying man but who has Bisping beat to be deserving of top ten? Chris Leben? I dont think beating Charles McCarthy, Jason Day, and Chris Leben get you into the top ten of the MW division. He may have a case for top ten MW's in the UFC but I still think he has to beat someone of more significance to be considered top ten in MMA at MW.
RearNakedJoke
4/9/09 2:56:38PM
He hasnt beaten anyone of note convincingly. if he beats hendo a case could be made for him being a top 10 MW until then hes just over rated.

I'm rooting for hendo with an early KO or Sub.
GSPCanada
4/9/09 3:11:17PM
Ill say top 10 in the ufc but thats not saying much the difference between the top 5 and the next 5 is a huge difference...actually the difference between 1 n 2 is alot different. top 5 is rich dan anderson marquardt and maia the next 5 r like lates cote okami bisping you can through leben in there too
1daveufc
4/9/09 3:14:38PM

Posted by sparky

Im not sure I agree with him on this one. I would say top 15 right now if he beats Dan then we will talk about top 10.

If he beats dan we will talk about it.come on dan is in top 5 if bisping beats him a think he got to be considered to be well ranked in top 10.plus i heard who ever wins gets a number 1 contender slot so if bisping wins he got to be up there may be around 8th
CwB
4/9/09 3:57:21PM
ugh i like bisping a lot better when he doesnt talk, he always come off so damn cocky. Its just rankings every single person has a different top ten so who cares
EvenFlow
4/9/09 4:02:01PM

<<<<<< Crazy and proud of it mr burpsing.
wapttn
4/9/09 4:02:39PM
Dont you have to beat a top 10 to be a top 10? The ranking system is based on who you've beaten... its why we ranked forrest griffin as the top lhw in the world after he barely beat rampage. If we were talking along the lines of potential and ability which is all hypothetical then maybe bisping might rank in the top 10... but then again so would maia... its not about where you should be ranked based on what you think the fighter is capable of... its about where the fighter is ranked based on what they've accomplished. If he beats hendo then i'd go so far as to say he deserves a title shot, but getting a decision win over leben at this point in his career does not get you into the top10
prozacnation1978
4/9/09 4:41:34PM
i hate bisping but with new rankings and sonnen, maia and leites in top 10 why not bisping he should be number 10
Aaronno9
4/9/09 10:12:22PM
Well, what Ill say is this, Damian Maia never beat anybody top 10, and hes almost universally ranked in the top 10, even in the top 5 to alot of people. Id say his best win is McDonald, which is only a small step above Mikes best win at 185 against Leben. The fact he took the LHW champ to a SD also ranks at about the same level as any of Damiens acheivments in the UFC.

I think alot of peoples hatred towards Mike cloud their opinion on his skills and victories. Its an argument ive been in to many times and I dont care to go there again, I just think a reasonable argument can be made to rank him top 10.

But, im totally biased towards bisping becouse hes a homer, and im really drunk, I think my spelling and grammer has been pretty reasonable in this post considering. So im going to bed.

Pookie
4/9/09 11:59:12PM
I personally have him 12th in the UFC and 20th world wide but i can see the arguement for it.

I Dont think im crazy for it though
Drudinh
4/10/09 2:16:12AM
Umm. no I don't think so... and I'm not crazy.
slapshot
4/10/09 9:39:48AM

Posted by wiggum

i hope he was refering to top 10 in the ufc...which then i would agree....but right now, he needs to have a more significant win than outpointing chris leben on his record to be considered top 10 world wide.

Edwards
4/10/09 10:24:05AM
Bisping is my most hated fighter but hes got talent so i would consider him but i got him some where around 20 in the world,if he beats Dan then maybe.I dont see that though.
Red-Dragon
4/10/09 6:46:07PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Well, what Ill say is this, Damian Maia never beat anybody top 10, and hes almost universally ranked in the top 10, even in the top 5 to alot of people. Id say his best win is McDonald, which is only a small step above Mikes best win at 185 against Leben. The fact he took the LHW champ to a SD also ranks at about the same level as any of Damiens acheivments in the UFC.

I think alot of peoples hatred towards Mike cloud their opinion on his skills and victories. Its an argument ive been in to many times and I dont care to go there again, I just think a reasonable argument can be made to rank him top 10.

But, im totally biased towards bisping becouse hes a homer, and im really drunk, I think my spelling and grammer has been pretty reasonable in this post considering. So im going to bed.

You like him because he's a homo???????

Oh, I get it...homer not homo! Phew!
bls1919
4/11/09 1:05:42AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Henderson
3.)Yushin Okami
4.) Nate Marquardt
5.)Rich Franklin
6.)Gergard Mousasi
7.)Vitor Belfort
8.)Robbie Lawler
9.)Demian Maia
10.) Akiyama
11.) Thales Leites
12.) Patrick Cote
13.) Jorge Santiago
14.) Misaki
15.) Ricardo Almeida
16.)Bisping

Guess I'm crazy, But i could probably put a few more guys ahead of him. I think people are forgetting that Cote is still in this division and I'd like to see Bisping fight Cote when hes all healed up.

I might even put Palhares, Gouveia, Lindland above Bisping. I like the guy, but Hendo is going to serve him a reality check. Bisping hasnt fought a wrestler of Dans caliber. I see Mike on his back a lot during their fight.
Red-Dragon
4/11/09 4:40:53AM

Posted by bls1919

Posted by DevonFoxy

1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Henderson
3.)Yushin Okami
4.) Nate Marquardt
5.)Rich Franklin
6.)Gergard Mousasi
7.)Vitor Belfort
8.)Robbie Lawler
9.)Demian Maia
10.) Akiyama
11.) Thales Leites
12.) Patrick Cote
13.) Jorge Santiago
14.) Misaki
15.) Ricardo Almeida
16.)Bisping

I might even put Palhares, Gouveia, Lindland above Bisping. I like the guy, but Hendo is going to serve him a reality check. Bisping hasnt fought a wrestler of Dans caliber. I see Mike on his back a lot during their fight.

The thing is that Mike knows how to fight off his back. And if he sweeps then Dan will not be so comfortable off his back.
cmill21
4/11/09 4:50:36AM

Posted by Red-Dragon

The thing is that Mike knows how to fight off his back. And if he sweeps then Dan will not be so comfortable off his back.

If thats what your baniking on you UK guys are more patriotic that any other country on earth. Sweeping Hendo....
Pookie
4/11/09 5:18:26AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Red-Dragon

If thats what your baniking on you UK guys are more patriotic that any other country on earth. Sweeping Hendo....

Mike has a better chance scrambling out then sweeping him imo
Red-Dragon
4/11/09 6:12:42AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Red-Dragon

Mike has a better chance scrambling out then sweeping him imo

Mike has more Jits than Hendo end of...

I have said from the start that I will be picking Hendo but will be putting money on Mike at good odds as he has more of a chance than most are giving him credit for.
moob
4/11/09 9:42:42AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

1.) Anderson Silva
2.) Henderson
3.)Yushin Okami
4.) Nate Marquardt
5.)Rich Franklin
6.)Gergard Mousasi
7.)Vitor Belfort
8.)Robbie Lawler
9.)Demian Maia
10.) Akiyama
11.) Thales Leites
12.) Patrick Cote
13.) Jorge Santiago
14.) Misaki
15.) Ricardo Almeida
16.)Bisping

Yeah, I think you are when you've got Belfort in at #6, and quite a few fighters not even in the UFC.