MFC's Mark Pavelich says he couldn't promote women's MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MFC's Mark Pavelich says he couldn't promote women's MMA
prophecy033
10/17/12 5:21:47PM
Canada's Maximum Fighting Championship has been in operation for 13 years, which is a great source of pride for promoter Mark Pavelich.

Part of that staying power, he said, is rooted in putting out a consistent product. In a time when the sport's biggest promotion is flirting with women's MMA and headliners of questionable importance, Pavelich said he's sticking to what he knows.

When it comes to women's MMA, that means staying out of the game.

Link
tcunningham
10/17/12 5:25:01PM
there's not enough high caliber female fighters out there to spread them across multiple organizations. i think this is a good move for MFC not to get into the female MMA scene right now.
prophecy033
10/17/12 5:26:41PM

Posted by tcunningham

there's not enough high caliber female fighters out there to spread them across multiple organizations. i think this is a good move for MFC not to get into the female MMA scene right now.

my only question is who's gonna build the interest in WMMA?
ghandikush
10/17/12 10:25:20PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tcunningham

Girls will polarize over time, no worries. Half the game of promoting a new weight or gender is simply getting enough fights until there will be a few fringe stars who beat the divisional successful pioneers.

In other words, beat enough nobodies and you become a somebody, beat enough somebodies, become a polarized star. Cant be a star if there arent enough somebodies to fight.
Bubbles
10/17/12 11:01:16PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tcunningham

if Strikeforce wasnt a complete shit hole it turned out to be, they would ideally be the place. Invicta needs to further promote its brand. Obviously the UFC is the end goal but right now that isn't an option.