Anyone going to metalfest?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anyone going to metalfest?
Svartorm
2/27/07 2:51:05AM
The 9th Annual New England Hardcore and Heavy Metal Festival is being held in Worcester, Mass at the end of April. I go every year, but this year looks kind of weak. Heres the line-up if anyones interested.

Playing Friday April 27th:

100 DEMONS
ALL SHALL PERISH
BENEATH THE MASSACRE
BLOOD RUNS BLACK
BLOODLINED CALLIGRAPHY
BURY YOUR DEAD
DEAD HEARTS
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
DECEMBER AETERALI
DEVILDRIVER
DIMMU BORGIR
KATAKLYSM
KYLESA
MERAUDER
NACHTMYSTIUM
NORA
PALEHORSE
SATYRICON
SKELETON WITCH
SKINLESS
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
STILL REMAINS
SUICIDE SILENCE
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
THE FACELESS
THE FUNERAL PYRE
THE HUMAN ABSTRACT
THY WILL BE DONE
WALLS OF JERICHO
xDEATHSTARSx

Saturday April 28th

ANIMOSITY
APIARY
BEYOND THE EMBRACE
CANNIBAL CORPSE
CELLADOR
DEMIRICOUS
ED GEIN
FOREVER IN TERROR
GAZA
GOATWHORE
HALLOWS EVE
I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN
IF HOPE DIES
JOB FOR A COWBOY
LIZZY BORDEN
PSYOPUS
SHAI HALUD
SINCE THE FLOOD
SONS OF AZREAL
THE ABSENCE
THE ARCHITECT
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
THE DESTRO
THE NETWORK
THE RED CHORD
UNEARTH

Sorry about the caps, but I copied the list off another site.
ffforgottenx
2/27/07 10:53:51AM
huh.. well im not going to be going obviously since i live in florida, but i had no idea shai hulud was still together and touring..
thats awesome, i saw them with atreyu and hopesfall like 3 or 4 years ago
xchickox
2/27/07 5:19:57PM
i'd love go to this just to see shai hulud and death before dishonor....both amazing bands...not much for the rest of the band
fedorwins1
2/27/07 5:34:17PM
oh nice some of my favorite bands are playing there like Unearth and The Black Dahlia Murder
MonkeyPus
2/28/07 12:05:35AM
No, but I'm going to see Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio) with Down on March 11.
aceprone
2/28/07 3:56:37AM
I know this is kind of off topic, but fits in the same category, but i read that the OZZFEST was suppose to be free this year. www.hxc.com
Svartorm
2/28/07 4:40:49AM
Yeah, its going to be free, and a lot smaller apparently.
deadcore
2/28/07 9:31:52AM
all them bands are shit! metal sucks ass nowadays man.
roadking95th
2/28/07 4:14:40PM
Hey Svartorm, I just talked to your crazy brother, he said he is definitely in!

Sorry, but I saw this pic on the internet and had to use it.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
sfhdsa
3/2/07 6:41:36PM
I would go if I were in the area but that's not the case. Seems like it would be alright. Some decent bands playing.

On a side note though, I'd hate to be in The Devil Wears Prada after that movie came out.

Edit: Just listened to their music, I'd hate to be in that band period.
Svartorm
3/3/07 1:24:29AM
HAHAHA! Yeah, I like metalfest because if a band sucks, you go to the other stage, and if that band sucks too, you walk back to the hotel, drink more and break more hotel furniture.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
We_Todd_Did
3/3/07 3:24:28AM
Not much on that lineup gettin my panties in a bunch really.I'd like to see Dimmu again, as well as Unearth, and a friend told me that Lizzy Borden was good when he saw 'em, but the rest kinda have me sayin "meh...".
Oh well, couple thousand miles too far for me anyhow.Hope it ends up kicking ass and stuff, though.
Svartorm
3/3/07 4:50:40AM
Dimmu always puts on a good show. I'm really not looking forward to Lizzy Bordon, and will more than likely leave early on Saturday to catch the Pride PPV. Behemoth has been added to Friday, and they probably have the best live show out of anyone on the bill besides Skinless. Bury Your Dead and Kataklysm are always good for a show as well. I'm also looking forward to seeing Beneath The Massacre, Goatwhore, and I Killed the Prom Queen, as I've never seen either band and have been impressed with their stuff. Also, xDeathstarx is a pretty solid band, and fun to watch because they have 4 guys doing vocals, so they get pretty out of hand.

Its not the best fest they've done, but I've enjoyed every one I've been to, and half the fun is turning the hotel into a giant party after the show.
Svartorm
4/23/07 10:39:50PM
Fest is this weekend.

Friday line-up:

Headlining: Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Bury Your Dead, Devil Driver

Other bands: 3 Inches of Blood, Walls of Jericho, Kataklysm, Still Remains, Skinless, All Shall Perish, The Human Abstract, 100 Demons, Nora, Despised Icon, Abigail Williams, Nachtmystium, xDeathStartx, Daath, December Aeteralis, Merauder, Suicide Silence, Death Before Dishonor, Ligeia, Pale Horse, Kylesa, The Devil Wears Prada, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Stick To Your Guns, Skeleton Witch, As Blood Runs Black, Beneath The Massacre, Faceless, The Funeral Pyre,

Saturdays line-up and the Metal Blade 25th Anniversary Show

Headlining: Unearth, Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Red Chord

Other bands: Job For A Cowboy, Lizzy Bordon, God Dethroned, Impias, Goatwhore, I Killed The Prom Queen, 3, Shai Hulud, Since the Flood, Demiricous, Cellador, Hallows Eve, Beyond the Embrace, Architect, Animosity, Psyopus, If Hope Dies, Gaza, Absence, Forever In Terror, Apiary, Sons of Azreal, The Destro, The Network, Epicurean.

Friday looks like the best day, but both look pretty good, although I'll probably bail early on Saturday, as I don't like Unearth or Cannibal Corpse, and I've seen BDM and Red Chord about ten times each.

Anyone from the site going?
disorderlyvision
4/24/07 12:35:05AM

Posted by deadcore

all them bands are shit! metal sucks ass nowadays man.

you sir have undoubtedly lost your mind.

Mastodon2
4/24/07 3:34:48AM
Most of those bands are turgid dung, but Black Dhalia Murder are great. I saw them last year in a club so small their singer could barely fit on stage with the rest of the band, and sang standing in the crowd a lot, and I banged my head into Brian Eschbach' new custom ESP!

Svartorm
4/24/07 4:29:48AM
Yeah, they're good, but they've played every single metalfest and jump on every tour that comes around, so I'm pretty well burnt out on them. Theres a few bands playing this year I haven't seen live that I'm looking forward to, like Beneath The Massacre, Despised Icon, and 3 Inches of Blood (just because they're cheesy).
Svartorm
4/26/07 11:51:14PM
Ok, I'm off for the weekend.

We picked up:
12 pk of Newcastle
6pk of Magners
6pk of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
4pk of Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout
6pk of Dead Guy Ale
and a bottle of some crazy looking beer thats $5 a bottle and looks like it was made in a bathtub.

Is that enough for two people?

See you guys later.
pv3Hpv3p
4/27/07 10:39:08AM

Posted by Svartorm

We picked up:
12 pk of Newcastle
6pk of Magners
6pk of Dead Guy Ale
and a bottle of some crazy looking beer thats $5 a bottle and looks like it was made in a bathtub.

See you guys later.

Good ups on the DeadGuy Ale... Rogue's the shit
Mastodon2
4/27/07 10:44:53AM

Posted by Svartorm

We picked up:
12 pk of Newcastle
6pk of Magners
6pk of Dead Guy Ale

See you guys later.

Newcastle, as in Newcastle Brown Ale?

My hometown drink!
johnafirth
4/27/07 4:52:22PM

Posted by MonkeyPus

No, but I'm going to see Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio) with Down on March 11.

That I would love to see. I'm hoping to see Heaven and Hell later this year when they tour the UK.
Svartorm
4/30/07 1:29:49AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Svartorm

We picked up:
12 pk of Newcastle
6pk of Magners
6pk of Dead Guy Ale

See you guys later.

Newcastle, as in Newcastle Brown Ale?

My hometown drink!

You know it! Great beer. I wasn't too fond of the Dead Guy, but everything else was great, especially the Magners. We left the hotel with 9 beers left, which is pretty good considering we didn't have time to drink on Friday. We almost got thrown out of the hotel too for singing in falsetto voices at 1am and fighting in the hallway

As for the music. Behemoth, Skinless, and Dimmu Borgir put on phenominal shows as always. Another pleasent surprise was Lizzy Bordon, who I never got into back in the day, but they put on a great show. 3 was an interesting band as well.
warglory
5/1/07 5:29:38PM
I was at the fest as well. Almost got to interview Dimmu for Metal-Rules, but the Nuclear Blast rep pulled out on me, boooo! Anyway, overall another amazing festival experience. This is my 5th year in a row, and I have to say that while this was the weakest line up they have had, it was quite good!
Svartorm
5/2/07 5:09:10AM
You should have said you were going. We could have met up and talked fights for a bit.

I actually thought Friday was the best single day they've ever done, but didn't like Saturday too much. This was my 6th time going.
warglory
5/2/07 2:03:39PM
I actually didn't see this thread until after the fest for some reason!

I'd have to say my favorite line up was 2005; with Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, 3 Inches of Blood, Behemoth, Sonata Arctica, Cryptopsy, and the almighty return of Obituary. It was truly a "METAL"fest! However, every year has had it's moments. Seeing Gamma Ray last year was ******* righteous.
Svartorm
5/3/07 12:23:02AM
2005 ruled, although I was pissed because I missed 3 Inches of Blood. I thought they'd cancelled because they didn't play when they were supposed to, so I went and got dinner, and when I got back everyone was raving about them.

Then that night I was staying at the Crowne Plaza and someone invited me to a party. I went in, and there was Allen West of Obituary.......smoking crack. Needless to say I left immediately.