I met Tyson Griffin Yesterday !

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I met Tyson Griffin Yesterday !
POLL: Is Nate Diaz a good match up for him ?
Yes 71% (27)
No 29% (11)
hotrodttt
2/16/08 2:56:54PM
So I was at my league wrestling tournament at the high school that Tyson used to go to, Albany High School. And let me tell you, the guy is BIG, he is bigger than I thought. So I didn't know he was going to give the medals and the plaques to the 1st Team all league winners. So he gave me my league medal and I asked him who he is fighting next and he said possibly Nate Diaz.
loonytnt
2/16/08 2:59:25PM
nate can sub him imo but i think this fight is going all 3
Pookie
2/16/08 3:14:28PM
The stand-up i give to nate, but on the ground tyson should be strong enough to hold him down. I think he has pretty good submission defense(right?)
hotrodttt
2/16/08 3:23:01PM

Posted by Pookie

The stand-up i give to nate, but on the ground tyson should be strong enough to hold him down. I think he has pretty good submission defense(right?)

Yeah, pretty good sub defence. Although he did get caught by Clay Guida with a kneebar but he just powers out of every sub thrown his way.
loonytnt
2/16/08 3:58:51PM
nate is better at BJJ then clay, if nate can get one on tyson i think he can fin it
jiujitsufreak74
2/16/08 4:20:56PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Pookie

Yeah, pretty good sub defence. Although he did get caught by Clay Guida with a kneebar but he just powers out of every sub thrown his way.

you're thinking of frankie edgar but i get the point

also, diaz's guard is tricky and can catch anyone if they are not careful. his long limbs are perfect for trapping his opponent in bad positions where he can get a sub. i am very interested to see how tyson and nate battle it out on the ground because if tyson gets stuck in nate's guard than there is definitely a chance he can submit him.
juanez13
2/16/08 4:36:52PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Pookie

also, diaz's guard is tricky and can catch anyone if they are not careful. his long limbs are perfect for trapping his opponent in bad positions where he can get a sub. i am very interested to see how tyson and nate battle it out on the ground because if tyson gets stuck in nate's guard than there is definitely a chance he can submit him.

lol no i pretty sure he meant clay guida, cus clay got tyson in a kneebar, but he powered out if it.........unlike against edgar, where he was the one applying the kneebar at the end of the third round.....

but yea i think griffin would win this one, i think he will control him on the ground, and pound him for 3 rounds, i doubt that diaz will sub him...it will be like nick diaz vs sean sherk i would assume.
DevonFoxy
2/16/08 5:04:07PM
Yea id take Griffin by UD. In Nate's match with Robinson he was taken down by Alvin and controlled him before getting subbed. I think the fight would go mostly like that except for the Nate getting the sub and more of him eating an assortment of punches and elbows for 3 rounds.
jiujitsufreak74
2/16/08 5:11:40PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Pookie

lol no i pretty sure he meant clay guida, cus clay got tyson in a kneebar, but he powered out if it.........unlike against edgar, where he was the one applying the kneebar at the end of the third round.....

but yea i think griffin would win this one, i think he will control him on the ground, and pound him for 3 rounds, i doubt that diaz will sub him...it will be like nick diaz vs sean sherk i would assume.

damn forgot about that. i confused what tyson did to edgar to what guida did to tyson. damn memory ques...

sorry for doubting you hotrodttt
ocho-cinco
2/16/08 5:29:19PM
I think this would be a very good fight. From what I've seen from Griffin, he seems almost impossible to submit. He could probably take Diaz down at will, but would have trouble dealing with Diaz's long legs, and arms. I think the stand up would be fairly even. If Griffin could get inside, he could do some dammage, but Diaz would have the big reach advantage, and would be able to use his knees in close. I think this fight would most likely take place on the ground with Griffin on top. Diaz would go from sub attempt to sub attempt, with Griffin squeezing out every time(like he did against Tavarez), and landing some ground and pound in between. I would have to say Griffin in a close decision.
seanfu
2/16/08 6:32:22PM
He would smash Nate Diaz! I hope they don't fight cuz it would probably be a boring display even with Tyson Griffin. 3 rounds, unan decision Griffin. It's the same type of fight I had pegged with Diaz vs Gamburion before the shoulder popped out.

The Guillotine from Tysons takedown attempt is the only chance to beat him. He's not afraid to get punched and mix it up.
ufc
2/16/08 7:04:39PM
nate is dead tyson is way too much for him
fedorwins1
2/16/08 7:16:50PM
That's awesome you got to meet him, do you have any pics?
hotrodttt
2/16/08 7:27:53PM

Posted by fedorwins1

That's awesome you got to meet him, do you have any pics?

I didn't get to take any pictures with him because I was wrestling and after that he was giving out the medals so there was no time.
Ordep
2/17/08 2:37:56AM
I'll be really mad in the UFC set Diaz vs. Gambvryan next........ IMO Nate's next fight should be Tavares.... pure BJJ

Nate won and asked for top competition..... Tavares looked not so good in his last match..... Tyson should get the winner of Edgar-Maynard
loonytnt
2/18/08 12:09:33AM
if nate wins imo he is close to the top to fight for the belt
LuketheDuke
2/18/08 2:06:12PM

Posted by loonytnt

if nate wins imo he is close to the top to fight for the belt

hmmm nate isnt anywhere near the top imo. the lw division is probably the deepest in the ufc-except mabye lhw, and there are so many people above nate. huerta, edgar, pelligrino, stevenson, franca, fisher just to name a few. diaz hasnt fought top competition, even if he were to beat griffin, he would still be atleast one more high profile win away from a shot. probably two considering how many top contenders there are. anyway he would get obliterated by bj or sherk imo. i like diaz, i just think he needs a few more solid wins before even getting considered for a shot at the belt.

oh and i think griffin would beat diaz by UD.