Met Forrest Griffin last night!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Met Forrest Griffin last night!
Kastro
11/18/07 3:30:38PM
Yah so last night me and a friend of mine attended Philthy McNasty's in Burlington Ontario (Canada) to get the chance to meet Forrest Griffin..

We got VIP tickets which cost us $40 each (woulda payed that though to watch the UFC at home anyways) and at 7:00pm low and behold Forrest arrived... there was lots of people and it was hard to get to him but eventually we did I got to ask him a load of questions, shake his hand (lol), and get my picture taken with him (which is in the process of being developed, dont worry folks ill post it soon!).

Forrest was cool as hell, he was funny just like he is in the octagon all the time when he talks with Joe Rogan, and he seems really down to earth and respectful with everyone..

Forrest stayed and watched UFC 78 in the VIP lounge with all of us (he even downed a few beers lol) and overall it was just an incredible night for me... also I won a Punishment athletics took, shirt, and sprawl shorts which they were giving away to people for answering MMA questions (mine was how many times has Shamrock and Ortiz faced each other, LOL)..

Anyways yah just thought I would post this, if anyone in the province of Ontario is interested in meeting MMA fighters Philthy McNasty's is the place to go they have had people there before such as GSP, David Louiseau, and some others as well...

Will post the picture when I get them back from the store, thanks for reading!
hotrodttt
11/18/07 3:33:40PM
Yeah I have met Forrest too, he is a really cool guy and I took a picture with him with him putting me in the rear naked choke. I met him at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield California. I even got a signed poster of him.
Jackelope
11/18/07 4:17:06PM
Sweet, man. Sounds fun!
Scott_Revels
11/18/07 7:21:00PM

Posted by Kastro

shake his hand

Never, ever, ever... wash your hands.. Chop them off and sell them on Ebay..
themmadigest
11/19/07 2:09:36AM
Nice, seems like a really cool guy.
Was Stephan Bonnar there or any other fighters?
Kastro
11/19/07 1:51:15PM

Posted by themmadigest

Nice, seems like a really cool guy.
Was Stephan Bonnar there or any other fighters?

No it was just Forrest, though I wish there was more fighters... but it was the first time I ever met a UFC fighter and I have to say he is a real good guy and he was extremely funny just like he is when being interview by Joe Rogan..

Forrest has my utmost respect and I wish him the best in the UFC.. PS: My buddy is developing the pics so as soon as they are done they will be posted, not like anyone cares anyones hehehe..
DCRage
11/19/07 2:35:11PM
Did you ask him about his Law & Order guest spot? Anyway, that's really cool, you were in the right place at the right time. It's always nice when the guys are cool to fans outside the arena & autograph sessions, makes them and the sport come off better.
stickyhash421
11/20/07 5:18:33AM
i want to punch griffin for shogun
CwB
11/21/07 3:22:57AM
i live in las vegas and work at a restaurant that he attends like 1 every two weeks or so, so i always shake his hand and say whats up

he even came in the night after the shogun fight with a huge smile on his face the whole time, bruises and all.

not the best tipper by the way
and when he orders take out he doesnt tip at all

but he is always cool
shelbyintensity
11/22/07 8:30:55PM
I was there that night too, but I was definitely nowhere near as thrilled as you. I was pretty disappointed in that night, he was pretty funny and all, and friendly while meeting him and asking him questions, but after that I found that he pretty much kept to his corner rather than socializing. And a girl was promised that she would play against him in the UFC video game on the PS3 and he didn't even talk to her or anything, he blew her off, which I find incredibly rude. Ontop of that, I don't think he is a good role model, amazing fighter yes, good role model no. While I was there I was socializing with a few guys who work with a company that helped make that night happen, they were partying with him the night before and well, he should have been partying with Lindsay Lohan...to say the least.
zephead
11/23/07 9:27:53AM

Posted by stickyhash421

i want to punch griffin for shogun

Leave that to the professionsl fighters. Shogun had his chance
Kastro
11/23/07 7:47:05PM

Posted by shelbyintensity

I was there that night too, but I was definitely nowhere near as thrilled as you. I was pretty disappointed in that night, he was pretty funny and all, and friendly while meeting him and asking him questions, but after that I found that he pretty much kept to his corner rather than socializing. And a girl was promised that she would play against him in the UFC video game on the PS3 and he didn't even talk to her or anything, he blew her off, which I find incredibly rude. Ontop of that, I don't think he is a good role model, amazing fighter yes, good role model no. While I was there I was socializing with a few guys who work with a company that helped make that night happen, they were partying with him the night before and well, he should have been partying with Lindsay Lohan...to say the least.

Hmm.. Upon further thought, I have to agree with you..

I was excited that I had met him no doubt, that was because it was the first time I have ever met a fighter (and a famous one at that). But I really agree with you, I did find him a little stuck-up and he almost did have an attitude, and I totally agree with you about him sticking in his corner and not really socializing much with anybody...

He was funny though when he spoke to everyone in the mic, and some of the answers he gave to the questions we were asking were hilarious, but I totally agree he is not a good role model...

And as far as the partying comment, I wouldn't doubt it.. Forrest has lots of time before his next fight and... well, you know.. stuff leaves the system in a couple weeks or so.. but thats just my sole opinion..

I wish Forrest all the best though and it was pretty cool meeting him, I still dont have my pics back but I will post them sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks..

Chow!