Met Dan Hardy

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Met Dan Hardy
Kpro
3/28/11 4:39:45PM
I went to Fight Night 24 this past weekend and hit up the 21+ midnight til 3am after-party at El Corazon where Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy was. Virtually no one was there since it started almost 3 hours after the event ended so. I ended up talking to him for a good half hour and got pictures, signed 8x10's, fliers, etc. Really cool down to earth fighter that not only greeted everyone waiting to meet him but engaged every person in line in long conversations.

And to top it off he got on stage with the Cockspar cover band and sang the punk song "England belongs to me". Really cool dude and was sick to see him get on stage and front the band.

I've always liked Hardy but the way he spent the 3 hours with fans after losing the fight to Rumble really showed his appreciation for his fans and I gained a lot of respect for him.

to Hardy.
Hendo67
3/28/11 4:53:46PM
I've always thought the guy would be a cool cat to meet, i've only met a handfull of MMA fighters, myself. Dan Hardy comes across as a pretty funny, relaxed, down to earth guy even though he's got this bad boy image to him, he's one of the guys i'd love to meet, along with Wandy and Dan Henderson.

I've met Krzysztof Soszynski, Jens Pulver and Mark Hunt, and all 3 were nothing but pure class, a lot of the time professional athletes don't give fans the time of day... these three guys were awesome, I met Soszynski in the Edmonton airport at Montanna's and had a little convo with him as he paid his bill, really cool guy, really appreciative to where he is today.

I met Pulver in Vancouver 2 years ago at a Cafe, and he's just an ordinary guy... he had his kid there and you could really tell how much family meant to the guy, I keep in contact with Jens via facebook quite a bit and he actually remembers me and i occasionally chat with him about some upcoming cards and who he's got.

Hunt is a beast, absolutely massive man... my talk with him was short because he was about to board a connecting flight out of Montreal at like 5 in the morning, and he was pure class... even at that hour in the morning!
Theoutlaw08
3/28/11 5:20:41PM
I knew Hardy was a class act and a cool guy. Never have met him, but would love to meet him. He's been my favorite fighter for sometime. Glad to hear he's cool with the fans, even after a loss.
Budgellism
3/28/11 6:50:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

I've always thought the guy would be a cool cat to meet, i've only met a handfull of MMA fighters, myself. Dan Hardy comes across as a pretty funny, relaxed, down to earth guy even though he's got this bad boy image to him, he's one of the guys i'd love to meet, along with Wandy and Dan Henderson.

I've met Krzysztof Soszynski, Jens Pulver and Mark Hunt, and all 3 were nothing but pure class, a lot of the time professional athletes don't give fans the time of day... these three guys were awesome, I met Soszynski in the Edmonton airport at Montanna's and had a little convo with him as he paid his bill, really cool guy, really appreciative to where he is today.

I met Pulver in Vancouver 2 years ago at a Cafe, and he's just an ordinary guy... he had his kid there and you could really tell how much family meant to the guy, I keep in contact with Jens via facebook quite a bit and he actually remembers me and i occasionally chat with him about some upcoming cards and who he's got.

Hunt is a beast, absolutely massive man... my talk with him was short because he was about to board a connecting flight out of Montreal at like 5 in the morning, and he was pure class... even at that hour in the morning!

Awh man, I've always wanted to meet Pulver. He seems like the realest guy in the industry. His passion for the sport is unbelievable. I've been calling for Pulver to become a commentator for years. Whenever he did it for the ufc back in the day I thought he spoke very intelligently and his knowledge on the sport then was unbelievable.

As for Hardy I also had a feeling he was a good guy. He talks a lot of **** but he's a good promoter for fights and that's why he does it.

I've met a few fighters myself. My buddy actually trained with James McSweeney a few times last year when he was in Ontario. He's a nicer guy than you'd think but he's still got this mean guy vibe up close and personal. I met David Loiseau a couple of years ago when he came to Whitby to promote the opening of Whitby's first mma store. He's nice as hell and came off as nothing but a gentleman. He's pretty funny too as he was cracking jokes with the store owner a lot.

Perhaps the most exciting mma fighter I've met was Shogun He came to that mma store I mentioned above a year after Loiseau was there. Obviously it was a little hard with the two different languages being spoken but from what I got through his translator he was a pretty nice guy. This guy looks serious 90% of the time at least, I swear :P.

Starting at UFC 129 I'll be bringing a freshly rolled blunt to every event I go to just incase I run into Joe Rogan and I need an icebreaker, haha. I'm serious too :P.
Chael_Sonnen
3/28/11 8:35:11PM
Hardy is cool as the other side of the pillow....I have the honor to meet him on two separate occasions......by far, he has the best entrance in MMA.
DevonFoxy
3/28/11 8:48:43PM
It's always awesome to meet fighters especially when they are cool down to earth guys. Awesome to hear he's a genuine guy as he appears that way.

I met Dan Henderson at a mall signing in FL in which there were like 15 people and they didn't even know who he was. Very cool guy and got to talk to him for a good 20 minutes along with Stitch.

Bader, Dollaway, Simpson were all really great guys. Everyone at AZCS honestly treated me great. They by far are just classy that are very humble and great to talk with and joke around with.
TS92turbo
3/28/11 9:00:04PM
I met Rampage and BJ Penn at UFC 123.

Rampage is a really funny guy ( this was after the win ). He felt like he didnt deserve it that much, but he was a really cool guy.

BJ, I met before his fight with Matt Hughes, and he was just ready to kill. He was a scary dude, and I am a little taller than him!
mrsmiley
3/28/11 9:48:05PM

Posted by Kpro

I went to Fight Night 24 this past weekend and hit up the 21+ midnight til 3am after-party at El Corazon where Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy was. Virtually no one was there since it started almost 3 hours after the event ended so. I ended up talking to him for a good half hour and got pictures, signed 8x10's, fliers, etc. Really cool down to earth fighter that not only greeted everyone waiting to meet him but engaged every person in line in long conversations.

And to top it off he got on stage with the Cockspar cover band and sang the punk song "England belongs to me". Really cool dude and was sick to see him get on stage and front the band.

I've always liked Hardy but the way he spent the 3 hours with fans after losing the fight to Rumble really showed his appreciation for his fans and I gained a lot of respect for him.

to Hardy.

he was singing along with a cocksparrer cover band!!!!!!......................
to me punk is cocksparrer before the pistols but that's a whole other disucussion all together.
Theoutlaw08
3/28/11 9:49:25PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hardy is cool as the other side of the pillow....I have the honor to meet him on two separate occasions......by far, he has the best entrance in MMA.

Best entrance around or sure
warglory
3/28/11 9:58:57PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

to Hardy.

he was singing along with a cocksparrer cover band!!!!!!......................
to me punk is cocksparrer before the pistols but that's a whole other disucussion all together.

YES! Cocksparrer is the best English punk band followed closely by the Subhumans.
Gladiator
3/28/11 10:31:30PM
The two coolest mma fighters ive met have been Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva. I met Machida in the MGM after UFC 94 when he ktfo thiago silva, hes a super cool guy! He was mobbed by fans and he took a pic and signed an auto for every single one of us on his way out funniest thing tho was his purple fanny pack haha, but if ur in the ufc u can get away with stuff like that

of all places, I met Anderson Silva at an event in my hometown Wichita, KS at a Link Fighting Championship event May 8, 2008. One of his training partners was in the main event and Silva was walking around the VIP area taking pics with fans and signing autographs. What surprised me was how good his english was, still broken but much better than i thought it would be. I got a pic with him and i got him to autograph a glove for me, it was just before he was going up in weight to fight Irvin so i told him to kick Irvins ass and then get the 205lb belt and he laughed. Ed soares was there too and he seemed like a cool dude, i saw him talking to a lot of the local fighters but i didnt speak with him.
Drudinh
3/28/11 11:09:49PM
Only name anyone would recognize that I have met was Lesnar. That was way before he even thought of MMA... and he wasn't exactly a nice guy.
Rabi
3/29/11 2:39:14AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Chris Lytle in Dublin after his FOTN with Marcus Davis, him and his 2 trainers came and sat in a bar with me and my 3 mates for approx an hour, he was also very down to earth, had chance to talk about his career, his family and his other job (Fireman). It was great to speak to him. it was a top bloke.