Have you ever met a celebrity?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Have you ever met a celebrity?
Next Page »
Naturaldisaster
10/31/08 4:50:20AM
I was just lookin at some old pics of me with pro wrestlers (i'll prolly get flamed for that) But I've met most of the WWE wrestlers and Knows some of them. And i was just wonderin has anyone here ever met a celebrity or Pro athlete, etc?
were they nice, rude, etc? I know most of you hate Pro Wrestling, but I used to love it, and Took great Pride in knowing I met alot of them.
For me some of the nicest Celebrities I've met are MMA fighter/Pro Wrestler Daniel Puder (awesome dude, Gave me one of his Team Puder shirts), Chris Benoit (one of my Idols, and one of the nicest guys ever), Eddie Guerrero (hell of a nice guy), and John Cena.
The Rudest was by Far Hardcore Bob Holly (Complete asshole).
Im interested in hearing some of you guys stories
Pookie
10/31/08 6:38:02AM
I saw Nicholas Cage at a resturant once, he was kind of a douche bag. Gave the waitress alot of flack.
DCRage
10/31/08 6:50:11AM
I've only met a couple of local DC-area celebs who are better known as radio personalities, but last year at a minor league baseball game I got to meet my morning drive-time traffic reporter, who is really nice in person. She even gave me an autographed picture of her. Maybe I'll get another chance in a couple months, it looks like my favorite author at the moment-Scott Sigler-might be coming to DC for his next book tour, I will so be there if he does come. All hail General Siglerismo, the FDO and future ruler of this planet!
Ben_Hutch
10/31/08 7:52:08AM
I met Michael Bisping and did this to him (link is below, it IS work friendly, the video isnt of me or anyone i know but i did the same trick to Bisping), at first he appeared confused, but after than he started laughing as he realised what i'd done, it put a smile on Arianny's face to after a long day of autograph signing lol.

Video Link (work friendly)

Both Michael and Arianny were very nice people
Wolfenstein
10/31/08 8:06:59AM
I met Robin Williams and Matt Damon a few times.

Team Link is only a few minutes away so I've seen Gabriel Gonzaga a few times as well and got a chance to roll with him. Great guy, awesome grappler.

I've met a lot of fighters at seminars or at MMA schools come to think of it. To mention a few Renzo Gracie, Eddie Bravo, Randy Couture, and Dan Henderson come to mind.
Aaronno9
10/31/08 8:13:55AM
Ive only met football players really, nobody who would be famous im america.
tdietel01
10/31/08 8:54:03AM
I have met chris lyttle (real cool guy) through pure luck i got to meet some denver broncos tony sheffler, ian gold, al wilson, brandon marshall and darius watts.
emfleek
10/31/08 8:55:33AM
Paul O'Neill (former MLB player)

Dave Parker (former MLB player)

Hillbilly Jim (former WWF/WWE wrestler)

John McGinley (actor - appears/appeared in Scrubs, Office Space, etc.)
Wallass
10/31/08 8:56:31AM
I`ve sparred with Cote ( in picture) and with GSP. And lets not forget Jonathan Torrens ( J Rock) from Trailer Park Boys. All great guys.
dannyfrank
10/31/08 9:31:12AM
my sister wet to boarding school with chevey chases daughter. apparently, hes kind of a tool
rabbit915
10/31/08 10:12:41AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Ive only met football players really, nobody who would be famous im america.

Youd be suprised. There are people in the U.S. who watch teams other than Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenel (seriously who could like Arsenel?).

Im a Spurs man myself and im not ashamed to admit it inspite of the fact that we are in last place currently.

I also enjoy Watford even though they got relegated a couple of years ago because theyve got my man Jay DeMerit on their team and hes from my home state. Would love to see them back up in the premier league again.
postman
10/31/08 10:41:49AM
I'm actually real good friends with Mad Mike Jones the Freestlye moto rider, since I know him I have meet alot of bands and most of the moto and freestyle guys.
Gipper
10/31/08 10:58:29AM
i've met a bunch of ufc fighters- thats as good as it gets in my mind.
gsquat
10/31/08 11:08:00AM
I used to work at Abercrombie (shut up) and Bruce Willis would often come in. I rang him up and helped him out with loading his numerous bags of rediculously expensive clothing into his Explorer. I was trying to set them in there gingerly, but he spazzed and threw them in the back flinging clothes everywhere. "They're just clothes", he said. I shook his hand and thought that was it. Months later I slowed down so he could walk in front of me and go into a restaurant. I could've ran him over.

I hung out with Limp Bizkit in their tour bus once. It was super lame. I think they thought a bunch of girls were gonna come and bang them.

I saw the guy from Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Spin City in the Charlotte airport. I was a bit loud upon recognizing him. Not sure if I embarassed myself or him more. Alan Ruck I believe it is.

I talked to D-Lo Brown (WWF/WWE) on the phone once. It was kinda cool when I was a kid.

I got through to Sean Hannity once. I can't remember what I said. I got nervous and turned into a babbling idiot.

That wretched sub-human being known as Michael Moore is a local where I live and funded the remodeling of the State Theater. He eye-balled my popcorn once.

... Madonna's mom.

Edit: To the TS... Chris Benoit was, as history shows us, also one of the craziest guys ever.
StevenSeagal
10/31/08 11:09:39AM
I met Jay-Z in a Wendy's a while back. It was when Hard knock Life Vol 2 was coming out and he showed up with his publicist in a huge stretch limo... to Wendy's lol. Got his autograph on a yellow napkin that my mom later threw out cuz she thought is was a dirty napkin... This was followed by my friends not believing me lol. Luckily my pops was there with me so long as someone believes me.

I've slapped the Undertaker's back at an old WWF show.

Met Fred McGriff (retired first baseman of the Atlanta Braves)
StevenSeagal
10/31/08 11:11:59AM

Posted by gsquat

I used to work at Abercrombie (shut up) and Bruce Willis would often come in. I rang him up and helped him out with loading his numerous bags of rediculously expensive clothing into his Explorer. I was trying to set them in there gingerly, but he spazzed and threw them in the back flinging clothes everywhere. "They're just clothes", he said. I shook his hand and thought that was it. Months later I slowed down so he could walk in front of me and go into a restaurant. I could've ran him over.

I hung out with Limp Bizkit in their tour bus once. It was super lame. I think they thought a bunch of girls were gonna come and bang them.

I saw the guy from Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Spin City in the Charlotte airport. I was a bit loud upon recognizing him. Not sure if I embarassed myself or him more. Alan Ruck I believe it is.

I talked to D-Lo Brown (WWF/WWE) on the phone once. It was kinda cool when I was a kid.

I got through to Sean Hannity once. I can't remember what I said. I got nervous and turned into a babbling idiot.

That wretched sub-human being known as Michael Moore is a local where I live and funded the remodeling of the State Theater. He eye-balled my popcorn once.

... Madonna's mom.

So I take it your voting for Obama then...
cmb19932
10/31/08 11:22:18AM
i knew joey kramer from aerosmith a a while back the guy next doors brother who liked me cuz i was a little bastard like him- was his body guard so he came over all the time and he would talk to me and played drums with me all kinds of stuff it was cool
SpiderSilva
10/31/08 11:24:27AM
I met Kobe at a pre game warm up with court side seat it was cool.

Val Kilmer when I was working at Toys R Us was a dick

Jessica Biel while I was working at PetSmart(Note she was wearing a Pink panties)

A ton of Denver Nuggets players through the years
Kracker_Jap
10/31/08 11:26:36AM

Posted by Gipper

i've met a bunch of ufc fighters- thats as good as it gets in my mind.

Me too, and I agree its as good as it gets
gsquat
10/31/08 12:10:29PM

Posted by StevenSeagal
So I take it your voting for Obama then...

Yes. I'm going to ride my flying pig to the voting booth.
Shawn91111
10/31/08 12:17:37PM
I just c/p'ed mine from a previous thread..

I used to work in the hotel industry for a long time, right out of college and working in room service you meet some very interesting people. Some famous, some not. I was wondering who are your brushes with anyone famous, it can be good or bad.
One good is John Elway former QB for the Denver Broncos, very funny person as he had came to the hotel I worked at quite a few times for vacation and charity events. Always ordered double drinks and very personable asking how your day was going, small chit chat. Huge tipper always 80-100% of the bill would be a tip.
A few bad, Jay-Z, could have been a bad day/morning for him but the one time I did meet him was kinda a jerk about his food sending back his meal 3 times and his complaint the 3rd time was he wanted a new meal after he had already ate the one that was brought to him. Basically wanting a new one for free and stiffing on the tip.
Another one kinda bad, Scottie Pippen former Chicago Bull, ordered a crap ton of food, drinks and everytime id go to his room to deliver he'd send me back a few times for things he wanted from the gift shop or the bar. Not a big deal but make it worth my while. i guess they dont call him "No tippin' Pippen" for nothing.
gsquat
10/31/08 12:27:24PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Say it aint so Pippen!
DCRage
10/31/08 12:46:35PM
I'm gonna get to meet some more, albeit some I don't yet know, in mid-February when I go to Katsucon in DC. There will be some anime voice actors there and a couple of well-known Japanese bands there (including a chiptune group, which will be totally cool).
iwannabesedated
10/31/08 1:56:07PM
I Met Rich Franklin if that counts.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
gsquat
10/31/08 1:58:33PM
Dude... of course that counts. I'd trade all celebrities I met, including Bruce Willis, for a picture with Rich.
iwannabesedated
10/31/08 2:06:03PM

Posted by gsquat

Dude... of course that counts. I'd trade all celebrities I met, including Bruce Willis, for a picture with Rich.

Yeah i met him at an IFBL eveny in Ohio last year.My cousin fought that night and lost to Matt Major.It was the best thing to ever happen to him he's been training with AKA since he lost that fight ..The dudes with me on the right also started fighting hes 2-0 amateur.Hes also in my fight camp on here.
loller90278
10/31/08 2:12:59PM

-smoked hookah with gamburyan
-took sake shots with karo
-met all of the clippers/lakers (got a pic with vujacic(?) and gasol)
-got a pic with randy couture
-rolled around with royce
-the drummer of pepper lives a couple houses down
-member of wutang lives down the street
-weeman works at the store i used to buy my skates
-met most of the cast of The OC, the kitchen scenes were filmed at my friends kitchen
-met rob schnieder during the filming of the hot chick
-got a chance to meet bill maher after his hbo special

theres probably more but i just woke up
MMAcca
10/31/08 3:16:47PM

Posted by loller90278

-weeman works at the store i used to buy my skates

He works there now ?
Ben_Hutch
10/31/08 3:29:32PM

Posted by loller90278

-the drummer of pepper lives a couple houses down

I saw Pepper live when they were Flogging Molly's warm-up act, they were f*cking crazy!!
Kracker_Jap
10/31/08 3:37:26PM
I'm going to DLoad some Pepper right now
Pages: [1] 2