UFC Does Men's Fitness Cover Again

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Does Men's Fitness Cover Again
DCRage
5/5/08 4:35:22PM
One guess.

Before preparing for the cover shoot, according to the article, “White weighed 217 pounds. By cycling his carb intake and intensifying his workouts, he dropped over 20 pounds in four weeks, weiging in at 196 on the day of the shoot.”
(Touch of gloves to Mania for cover and quote above)
Jackelope
5/5/08 6:18:42PM
Men's fitness- Where muscles and fitness aren't required. Fame and bullshit are essential.
bls1919
5/5/08 7:27:41PM
Thats total BS.....if dana got a call from MF and they wanted to do a shoot...you would think he would want to promote the sport and make another household name....out of one of his top fighters!!!!!!!!1 Nope not Dana the mega ego White. Hes just trying to set himself up a little higher on the pedestle "He created"............
bigbubbano23
5/5/08 7:51:04PM
Dana looks beastin
TimW001
5/5/08 8:08:14PM
Yea Dana looks good! But you have to understand that with all the fighter cuts and all the fighters leaving, it's hard to promote one fighter right now. Just a little risky. But he should have used Rampage.
grappler0000
5/5/08 10:57:01PM
Dana looks like he's straight out of a video game!
DevonFoxy
5/6/08 8:55:29AM
Yes lets ridicule Dana White whithout knowing anything about this photo shoot. The way it looks to me Mens Fitness wanted Dana White on the cover.....so how is this Dana's fault? Pretty childish to hate on Dana for being on the cover when its kinda obvious Mens Fitness wanted him on there.
Jackelope
5/6/08 1:42:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yes lets ridicule Dana White whithout knowing anything about this photo shoot. The way it looks to me Mens Fitness wanted Dana White on the cover.....so how is this Dana's fault? Pretty childish to hate on Dana for being on the cover when its kinda obvious Mens Fitness wanted him on there.

I aint hating on Dana White for being an ego maniac and "taking the cover shoot from one of his fighters" I'm hating on Dana White for not being a pillar of fitness in any community and being on the cover of Men's Fitness. Hell, if the requirements are being in shape (which you'd figure they are) I can think of a shit ton of people including myself who would belong on the cover before Dana White does.

Just because some photographer finds the lighting and angle to make a person look in shape (and also tells the person posing to suck in their gut and puff out their chest) doesn't mean a dude is in shape.
bigbubbano23
5/6/08 9:56:53PM
he still looks beastin
pimpcane_69
5/7/08 9:59:38PM
That kinda looks like me, except I have beat more hoes than him
Rush
5/8/08 12:14:29AM
I think this is the first cover of men's fitness where the guy is wearing a shirt.
Jackelope
5/8/08 12:26:29AM

Posted by Rush

I think this is the first cover of men's fitness where the guy is wearing a shirt.

Probably cuz it's one of the first men's fitness covers where the cover guy is a fatass
Rush
5/8/08 12:01:51PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Rush

Probably cuz it's one of the first men's fitness covers where the cover guy is a fatass

Exactly my thought.

Also notice that the shirt is a black shirt. The easiest colour of shirt to wear if you want to do some in silico weight cutting. lol
Mastodon2
5/8/08 12:19:23PM
I wonder how long it took them to trim his gut back in Photoshop
Aaronno9
5/8/08 12:23:56PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I wonder how long it took them to trim his gut back in Photoshop

Haha

Jackelope
5/8/08 2:17:20PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Rush

Exactly my thought.

Also notice that the shirt is a black shirt. The easiest colour of shirt to wear if you want to do some in silico weight cutting. lol

LOL, yep. Wear black if you wanna look thin!