Melvin tested positive for Cocaine!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Melvin tested positive for Cocaine!
aceprone
4/13/07 2:41:44AM
Might explain some of his actions before the fight.http://ufcjunkie.com/
Mastodon2
4/13/07 6:28:47AM
Melvin sucks harder every day.
Stickan
4/13/07 6:33:34AM
Wow he's even dumber than I thought. It's a shame Joe didn't choke him unconcious.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/13/07 6:46:18AM
thats a shame.....he should get suspended...but not fined...its not like they actually paid him much,and his family must eat...hes going through hard times..his dad died..he fuckin lost a big fight in 30 sec..........

same with diaz...he gave us a great f*ckin war,put it all on the line,broke his fuckin whatever bone it was and suffered several gashes,and they still charge him 20%....so he pretty much used all the money he got to cover fines,and medical cost....great!..
Mastodon2
4/13/07 6:50:37AM
They deserve the fines, if they are stupid enough to do drugs.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/13/07 6:59:10AM
naw...they dont.
Stickan
4/13/07 7:31:03AM

Posted by Mastodon2

They deserve the fines, if they are stupid enough to do drugs.

Exactly. What kind of family man does cocaine?
Mastodon2
4/13/07 7:45:18AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

naw...they dont.

Yes, they do. Sports need to be kept clean, and while idiots like Nick Diaz and Melvin still get caught, Im sure that suspensions and fines have deterred plenty of other fighters.

You talk about Melvin's family having to eat, but if he is only getting a few thousand bucks a fight, think about how much of that he blew on drugs.

You cant defend drug abusers.
nate22
4/13/07 7:55:49AM
Nothing to say bad about him for taking cocaine, although I do think it's stupid to have it in your system when you know very well you will be tested for it.
mmadb
4/13/07 8:46:16AM
What a douchebag.
Manfred
4/13/07 10:02:51AM

Posted by Stickan

Exactly. What kind of family man does cocaine?

Agreed, MMA doesn't need this. Hard drug and steriod users should be made an example of. A doctors note for presciption meds buys some sympathy for me but, cocaine?

Rush
4/13/07 12:02:40PM
I guess this explains why Melvin is so jacked up all the time.

cowcatcher
4/13/07 12:21:36PM
now i just have to wonder if hes a crackhead or if hes a classy coke sniffer, hes one guy im sure the dealer doesnt wanna hear "ill suck yo d**k fo a rock" from
Dadaman
4/13/07 12:42:25PM
He'll fight again. He's too damn good. I mean this isn't just pot he's smoking, cocaine is serious shit. Dope boy, dope boy fresh!
nubby
4/13/07 1:02:07PM

Posted by Dadaman

He'll fight again. He's too damn good. I mean this isn't just pot he's smoking, cocaine is serious shit. Dope boy, dope boy fresh!

He needs a new nick name instead of the young assassin. maybe he could be called Melvin "Tyrone Biggums" Guillard.
hippysmacker
4/13/07 1:02:16PM
His unsubstantiated comments about Stevenson on the beatdown sure made him seem hyper and paranoid. Kinda makes sense now that I think about it. He didn't seem to bright to begin with, this just makes him look worse. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call, and he won't end up like Randleman, a waste of incredible talent. I'm pulling for him.
Mastodon2
4/13/07 1:22:24PM
Tbh I dont think Randleman is a waste of talent, but he IS unlucky, he has come close to glory once or twice, and but he always lets it slip away from him.

Look at Sakuraba vs Randleman at Pride Final Conflict 2003, He was controlling the first round and just managing control in the second, and then boom Sakuraba gets an armbar out of no where in the 3rd.
hippysmacker
4/13/07 1:34:17PM
Randleman has more physical ability than almost anybody in MMa history IMO. By his own words on the beatdown, he admitted if he had learned BJJ a long time ago and progressed as a fighter, he would have done a lot better. He is very one dimensional as a wrestler.His standup is sloppy, but powerful. He needed BJJ, or at least sub defense, and just never learned. Again, I'm just repeating his own words. Watching Coleman and Randleman just go for the takedown and not get it sure looks depressing to me. No takedown, no GNP. Sorry if you disagree, but I think Randleman career has been the most dissapointing waste of god given ability in MMA history, but hey that's just me. There is a topic on unrealized potential here, if you would like to add your thoughts either way
http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic1687-1.html
methodman_90
4/13/07 1:57:20PM
Melvin sure does need alot of maturing to do in the next couple of months. Im guessing a heavy suspension is gonna be the punishment for this and he let me down because he has alot of talent and I dont wanna see going to waste.
teamquestnorth
4/13/07 3:25:17PM
"ashy to classy"
gcraig22
4/13/07 7:39:02PM
His drug use could be a reason Burkman was in Stevenson's corner instead of his. He seems very unstable. I wouldn't want to train with him.
ezkl2517
4/13/07 8:20:21PM
The Rec drugs are kinda tricky bcause there not really performance enhancers but there morally wrong, and theres alot of kids that look up to this guys. but i dont think they should be that strict bcause there not with steroids......I think alcahol does more damagethan pot and it cant help at all.
disorderlyvision
4/13/07 8:52:18PM

Posted by ezkl2517

The Rec drugs are kinda tricky bcause there not really performance enhancers but there morally wrong, and theres alot of kids that look up to this guys. but i dont think they should be that strict bcause there not with steroids......I think alcahol does more damagethan pot and it cant help at all.

morally wrong to you maybe.

jdubs
4/13/07 10:06:17PM
you guys sound surprised?