Melvin Guillard vs. Roger Huerta

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Melvin Guillard vs. Roger Huerta
MMA-guy
6/4/07 3:33:22AM
I saw on the fightfinder that this fight happened already 2 years ago. Says it was a No Contest. and the fight was overturned by the commision..............anyone know what happened?
the-james
6/4/07 5:11:19PM
Melvin greased up his legs between rounds i believe, Melvin even admitted it and said he didnt know it was a foul
Gladiator
6/4/07 6:25:16PM
who was winning?
Ultimate_fighter
6/4/07 6:56:04PM
Melvin would lose for sure, Roger is so strong
the-james
6/4/07 8:27:04PM

Posted by Gladiator

who was winning?

Melvin was dominating Roger on the feet just picking him apart easily but it was obvious that the grease played a factor because Huerta couldnt take him down or get a good grip on him.

The video of the fight is floating around on the internet somewhere.
jomatty
7/18/07 6:46:01AM
huerta is strong but aside from sherk guillard is about as big as a 155'er can be. huerta may have an advantage int eh fight but i dont see it coming from his strength
KYGUY07
7/18/07 2:53:38PM
i never even knew they fought.
LR
7/18/07 2:56:41PM
Guillard is very susceptible to submissions though, so if they rematched, who knows. Huerta would definitely go for a choke for most of the match. Standing with Guillard is pretty damn tough to do.

I still think of the old punch to the gut he delivered on Gabe Ruediger, and Ruediger quit. LOL, man... makes me laugh.
DevonFoxy
7/18/07 3:05:13PM
Punch to the gut...im ok.....oh maybe not.....biggest burn ever. I laughed my butt off to see the look on his face. At least he made weight at that fight.
thepunisher
7/18/07 3:07:41PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Punch to the gut...im ok.....oh maybe not.....biggest burn ever. I laughed my butt off to see the look on his face. At least he made weight at that fight.

He probably lost more weight after that punch to the gut. It looked liek he shat himself
madmarck
7/18/07 3:15:49PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Are you Sure??? I call for a Rematch!
kaduey
7/19/07 10:30:01AM
I would put my money on Melvin to take this fight. He's jsut so explosive, and ig he actually started to fight more intelligentally, Guillard would be a force. Huerta is a quck dude but his last fight was not too impressive in my opinion.
mikevolz
7/19/07 11:08:07AM
huerta is being coddled in the ufc, he hasn't fought anybody worth their salt, and i doubt he'll have a real fight for the next few until they throw him against sherk or a real contender, and then i think he'll get eaten alive.
garrick
7/19/07 11:38:56AM
I would like to see this fight. It would be a good challenge for Huerta.
LR
7/19/07 1:13:22PM
Huerta looked bad in his last fight. Guillard is very strong for his size, but I still am unsure who would take it. Guillard always gets caught in guillotines, he needs to work on keeping an eye out for the attempts.
cmill21
7/19/07 1:29:38PM
Or he could acctually make an attempt to get out of the choke lol.
k_lup07
7/19/07 1:33:26PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

stronger than guillard, id have to doubt that.