Melvin Guillard: Assault charges in Albuquerque, possible jail time, prevent Greg Jackson reunification

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Melvin Guillard: Assault charges in Albuquerque, possible jail time, prevent Greg Jackson reunification
Bubbles
3/26/13 6:31:06PM
Looks like we have our answer.

The question was, "Why can't Melvin Guillard return to Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico?" The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight left on what he says were "good terms" back in early 2012, but this report said his request to join his former teammates was denied.

MMA Junkie explains why:

According to Bernalillo County (N.M.) court records, Guillard currently faces five charges: two misdemeanor counts of aggravated battery, to which he pled not guilty. Three misdemeanor counts of failure to appear in court were settled. A jury trial on the assault charges is set for April 10, where he faces six months in jail for each count, in addition to fines and probation.

Sounds like Melvin's next fight will be in court.

link
tcunningham
3/26/13 7:46:33PM
things are not looking good melvin. it sounds like its his own doing though. it wouldnt surprise me if he gets cut. going 1-4 in his last 5 fights plus the ufc probably will be pissed about these battery charges. doesnt look good for the ufc or MMA.
BeeR
3/26/13 8:29:12PM
he's a punk anyways, always looking for fights out on the town, threatening to track down and kill people...... get rid of him
BillsNewAccount
3/27/13 9:03:14AM
Kind of sad. He went on a great run there. Was close to a title shot. I know the dude used to smoke crack but he seemed like a humble person when he was on inside mma.

Oh well, maybe he should try a camp that teaches choke defense.

It's funny I remember way back when Clementi subbed Melvin. He yelled in the mic 'time to learn Jui jitsu MELVIN' Perhaps he was right.
Goatenstein
3/27/13 9:33:40AM
I thought he was a future champion when he was wrecking guys a decade ago. He's missing the same mental component Randleman was missing.