Next for Melvin Guillard?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Next for Melvin Guillard?
Next Page »
methodman_90
4/12/07 12:20:45PM
After Melvin's disapointing loss to Joe, I think a fight between him and Rich Clementi would make sense in a way because of bad blood they had or have and the fact that they both lost on the same night. What do u guys think?
There are so many great mathups in the LW division for Melvin
nate22
4/12/07 1:06:14PM
WEC.
randyleprechaun
4/12/07 1:12:49PM
Clementi fights at 170! It wont happen, and it does nothing for Guillards career. They should have him fight Josh Neer. The WEC or Pride Grand Prix could be an option.
methodman_90
4/12/07 1:53:52PM
I wouldn't chuck him into the WEC just yet. The pride grand prix is a good option but I wouldn't give him much of a chance in that
DoTheMMAth
4/12/07 2:02:23PM

Posted by nate22

WEC.

QFT
www-WeLoan-us
4/12/07 2:09:49PM
WoooHooooo Big Joe ...Melvin needs to eat some of that humble pie in the back ...HAHAHA
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ffforgottenx
4/12/07 2:12:43PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Clementi fights at 170! It wont happen, and it does nothing for Guillards career. They should have him fight Josh Neer. The WEC or Pride Grand Prix could be an option.

clementi fights at both 170 and 155.. his last fight in the UFC before this was at 170 against pointon, but before that he was fighting at LW against people like din thomas, caol uno, ryan schultz, etc etc.. 155 is where he normally fought at.. i dont know why he would want to be at 170, but for some reason he does

but i agree, that fight wouldnt do anything for guillard.. my vote would be for guillard vs frank edgar.. if guillard won, he would be back on track.. if edgar won, he would further solidify himself as a threat at 155.. thats the match that makes the most sense to me..
BerndRealBad
4/12/07 2:41:51PM
Why not give him Spencer Fisher? They both like to throw, they both lost recently, should make for an exciting fight.
deadcore
4/12/07 4:19:31PM
We have a opening at the local carwash if Melvin thinks he can handle it.
methodman_90
4/12/07 4:40:06PM
Din Thomas would be a good opponent for Melvin, it's a win-win situation for the UFC or Sam Stout. Melvin just has to mature more and I think the loss to Stevenson has woke him up and made him realise what he has to do to become a better fighter
AchillesHeel
4/12/07 4:49:56PM
Pride LWGP.
shawneth
4/12/07 5:06:26PM

Posted by nate22

WEC.

OMFG. The guy losses a fight to a top level opponent and people are all like "Send him to WEC". What the hell is wrong with you. Give to guy a chance to rebound off his god damn loss. He is still young and could beat a good deal of UFC fighters. Personally i would love to see him vs Spencer Fisher.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/12/07 5:35:53PM
Roger Huerta, or Spencer
bayonetxwork
4/12/07 6:24:56PM
...why would you put him in the WEC? whether you like him or not, he's definitely UFC material.

I'd say one of the other young guns on the rise. Possibly Huerta, or when Franca loses to Sherk, match those too up.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 6:38:47PM
I'd like to see Franca or Sherk destroy him, just so I could see him fall even further, but he probably wont get either of them.

I dont think Pride LWGP is an option, I wouldnt give him much of a chance in it.
guru_of_grapple
4/12/07 7:37:50PM
I think putting him in there with Spencer Fisher or Roger Huerta is a GREAT idea. Fireworks for sure. I hate Melvin's attitude though. I'm so glad Joe Stevenson embarrassed him the way he did. Hopefully Melvin will be a little more respectful and professional in the future.
hippysmacker
4/12/07 9:01:54PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Pride LWGP.

I agree. Putting him against Huerta, Edagr, Florian, or Fisher would not be a bad idea. However Melvin claims to be the toughest striker at 155, and their are a lot of possible guys in the GP ( if it stays at 155 and they all enter) who would stand with him. Gomi, Sakarai, Ishida, Kawajiri,Hansen, Melendez and Azerado would have no fear of standing with him. Personally I think Sakarai would kick him into oblivion.All these fight's would probably be exciting, and he would have a chance to back up his words.
nate22
4/12/07 9:19:02PM

Posted by shawneth

Posted by nate22

WEC.

OMFG. The guy losses a fight to a top level opponent and people are all like "Send him to WEC". What the hell is wrong with you. Give to guy a chance to rebound off his god damn loss. He is still young and could beat a good deal of UFC fighters. Personally i would love to see him vs Spencer Fisher.

lol don't cry mate. But seriously, Melvin has great potential and is still pretty young, he has great KO power and is a force at 155 i'm sure. I agree with this but i'm not one of the people, seemingly like yourself who has watched the Juggo highlight of some impressive KO's over nobodies and reckons that he's the next best thing in the division. I can't believe how many people rate him so highly based on the competition he has fought.

He already has two losses in the UFC with Gabe being the only guy beaten worth mentioning since he's finished TUF. After another sub loss it looks like Melvin has to work on his ground game and complete his skill set. This would be best done now in the WEC, which I regard as a promising upcoming event. Melvin could easily find a run of wins over at WEC and mature as a fighter, work harder on not getting submitted, etc and come back to the UFC and make a genuine challenge for the belt.

johny_rotten
4/12/07 9:25:59PM
I think if Melvin was smart he would move to the WEC and at most take 1-2 fights over the next year. Lay low, and train BJJ full time. You can't be great in this sport if you can't stop submissions. He has 6 losses, and 5 by submission. Right now not only does he look like Randleman, but his career is going the same way. If Kevin would have left Hammer House, and got BJJ training he could have been one of the best in the world. I hope Melvin doesn't make the same mistake.
BWWREPRESENT
4/12/07 11:02:50PM
Melvin is a disgrace to MMA this is why im hott why did he need to come into that then he gets beat in two seconds!!

Next time you see him he will be called the Old Assassin
skiba97
4/12/07 11:14:42PM
Id like to see him against Huerta. I dont think Huerta would stand a chance against a really good striker, and i dont think melvin can really match up to the top fighters in the divison, so it would give me peice of mind as to wether Huerta could beat a good striker, or wether melvin can hang with sombody who people are already slating as the next champ.
tberg420
4/13/07 5:20:40PM
Apparently drug rehab after his positive test. More then likely, the Clementi fight on a prelim of an Ultimate Fight Night.
www-WeLoan-us
4/13/07 11:18:45PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
waylon_o
4/14/07 12:20:56PM
I can see him going into Dixon Correctional Institute in his home-state of Louisiana pretty soon...
Cobbs666
4/14/07 12:41:32PM
rehab is a step forward
Stickan
4/14/07 2:42:44PM
Melvin please, step up and be a man. Fight Fedor!

gcraig22
4/14/07 9:05:20PM
He needs time to get himself together first. Second thing is to leave Team Punishment and learn some BJJ. He needs to join a camp that is like a family. Militich Camp is a good idea. His attitude fits their system too.
jdubs
4/14/07 9:18:54PM

Posted by deadcore

We have a opening at the local carwash if Melvin thinks he can handle it.

do you guys drug test?
aceprone
4/14/07 10:58:55PM

Posted by Cobbs666

rehab is a step forward

couldn't of said it better..haha...

Next for Melvin is a being suspended and fined and then going cold turkey.
JunCTion
4/15/07 1:42:35AM
throat lozenges
Pages: [1] 2