Melendez taking time off, wants Alvarez fight.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Melendez taking time off, wants Alvarez fight.
runningman08
4/21/10 2:03:48PM
It's been a long, hard road for Gilbert Melendez, but after defeating Shinya Aoki last Saturday night he's back where he's wanted to be for so long.

Sitting among the elite lightweights in the world, currently ranked No. 3 according to the MMAWeekly.com World Rankings, he's now ready to take some time off.

Full Article -Here-
bojangalz
4/21/10 2:18:40PM
Bellator vs Strikeforce: "A Night of Champions" I'd pay to see a PPV which had Alvarez vs Melendez, Lombard vs Shields, Good vs Diaz. They could throw on Carrie Vera vs Sarah Kaufmann. Put Robbie Lawler in the opening bout against someone who wants to bang and you've got a pretty fun card.
NatedawgThaM
4/21/10 3:12:08PM
Sh*t, I'd pay for any card that had Gilbert Melendez vs Eddie Alvarez. That has fight of the year written all over it. be a sick sick fight! I hope it eventually happens.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 5:37:31PM

Posted by bojangalz

Bellator vs Strikeforce: "A Night of Champions" I'd pay to see a PPV which had Alvarez vs Melendez, Lombard vs Shields, Good vs Diaz. They could throw on Carrie Vera vs Sarah Kaufmann. Put Robbie Lawler in the opening bout against someone who wants to bang and you've got a pretty fun card.

A pretty fun card? I think that card looks like one of the best I've ever seen. Though you might run into time issues....unless you did 3 round fights since I doubt either promotion would want their titles leaving with the other.
higdon10
4/21/10 11:20:53PM
What a fight this would be

seanfu
4/22/10 12:38:05AM
Except Eddie Alvarez would ******* kill him.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/22/10 12:44:25AM

Except Eddie Alvarez would ******* kill him.

I think this has all the potential in the world of being a great fight rather than a domination.
gartface
4/22/10 10:22:28AM
Ummm time off? What?