Melendez vs Kawajiri - Who won!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Melendez vs Kawajiri - Who won!?
POLL: Who won?
Melendez 59% (10)
Kawajiri 41% (7)
Stickan
2/21/07 3:56:39PM
I got curious after seeing Gilbert Melendez ranked as #2 LW in the world and Kawajiri ranked #8 to who most people on here thought won that fight.

It seems to me that a lot of people thought Kawajiri won that fight and if that's the case it's very odd that he's #8 and Gilbert #2.

I thought it was an amazing battle and almost could've gone either way but I gave a slight edge to Kawajiri. Now the third time I've watched it I'm not so sure anymore. Gilbert looked way more sloppy and tired but he also seemed to land more and pushed the pace. If someones punches are esthetically beautiful or not shouldn't be a factor in the judging.

If you want a link to the fight send me a PM.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 4:04:06PM
It might be a cop out , but I call it a draw. This was my favorite fight of last year, and much like Griifin/Bonnar 1, Nog/Barnett 1, I would say there was nol oser. It could have gone either way. I really hope they fight again and it's a 3 round fight this time.
Stickan
2/21/07 4:06:15PM

Posted by hippysmacker

It might be a cop out , but I call it a draw. This was my favorite fight of last year, and much like Griifin/Bonnar 1, Nog/Barnett 1, I would say there was nol oser. It could have gone either way. I really hope they fight again and it's a 3 round fight this time.

Gah... forgot that option....
Stickan
2/21/07 8:07:36PM
ttt.
Reignofterror
2/21/07 8:47:14PM
Here's a link to the fight.

Melendez VS Kawajiri--- 2006 Shockwave

Awesome matchup, I'm also begging pride to offer a III fight maybe at the next US show... fingers crossed.
Snacks
2/21/07 8:55:48PM
Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri.
RichBoy
2/21/07 9:01:48PM

Posted by Reignofterror

Here's a link to the fight.

Melendez VS Kawajiri--- 2006 Shockwave

Awesome matchup, I'm also begging pride to offer a III fight maybe at the next US show... fingers crossed.

Thanks for the link man. I gotta say Kawajiri won that fight atleast in my opinion.
xthe_scottx
2/22/07 12:08:11AM
I voted for Kawajiri. This definitely was one of the best fights of the year and could understand calling this fight a draw. I probably think Kawajiri won it because he is one of my top 5 favorite fighters to watch though.
loller90278
2/22/07 1:18:47AM
nah melendez won, i thought crusher pulled it off at first too, but watch the last five minutes, gilbert outpunches him, sprawls takedowns, and manhandles him..
Trapt1nw0nder
2/22/07 5:23:39AM
Kawajiri..

but i would of prolly been saying Melendez if they have gave it to Kawajiri...

but i really didnt like this fight as much as you guys say...a technical fight is more attractive to me......

the same way i disliked the first Griffin/Bonner fight