Megadeth LIVE at Afflicition

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Megadeth LIVE at Afflicition
roman
6/19/08 12:03:16AM
Megadeth will be performing live at the Affliction event July 19th.

I was already going to order this event, but now if I can come up with enough money I am making a trip to Anaheim CA. Good luck trying to sabotage this UFC LOL.

I LOVE MEGADETHhttp://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6531&zoneid=13
jimmypockets
6/19/08 12:25:41AM
Megadeth!!!????!!!!! I guess Poison was already booked? Sorry not a fan but glad it makes someone happy
Mayhem13
6/19/08 1:14:04AM
its cool that they got a band to play and all.

but Megadeth could possibly be my least favorite band ever.....so personally this does not help in my "what to watch July 19th dillemah"
MMAcca
6/19/08 1:17:36AM
Good move? Not sure if it will make a difference personally.

It might squeeze a coupleof dozen more PPV buys out of the public though.
Gannon
6/19/08 3:16:55AM
Wow...bad move in my opinion. I rather see mma. Just sounds like a bad dream. Hope this isn't a circus.
jakeiceman
6/19/08 4:09:01AM
Ha ha Megadeth really does kick ass but it really does keep with the theme of the card.....fighters only the hardcores carea bout as well as a band that only the old school fans will care about......good enough though, I like Megadeth, "symphony of destruction" kicks ass
Aether
6/19/08 7:04:48AM
sweet, megadeth is one of my favourite bands. Hopefully the production is done with some quality, I don't want to see another version of the CBS card with metal instead of busta rhymes. It could be really cool or really cheesey depending on how they put it together.
Gannon
6/19/08 8:12:20AM
I understand you guys liking Megadeth. I liked gunz and roses when i was in high school. However, tell me the last event that they had a live band such as Megadeth that added to any sporting event. None. I smell fiasco.

owen1
6/19/08 9:44:01AM
If I buy a PPV it will be for fights not music.Thats just adding to there already massive costs,they better hope alot of people buy this.
I'll take a free ufc over this any day.
imanidiot777
6/19/08 11:16:11AM
Metallica = Megadeth x 2000000000000, should have gotten the better band Megadeth is not my thing.
Frost_777
6/19/08 11:25:10AM
Dude this is awesome i love megadeath and maybe if they play a song between every fight that would be amazing Im so glad i can record Ufc aswell this is perfect metal and fighting as long as they don't use it as walk in music this will be amazing
The-Don
6/19/08 12:26:09PM

Posted by Frost_777

Dude this is awesome i love megadeath and maybe if they play a song between every fight that would be amazing Im so glad i can record Ufc aswell this is perfect metal and fighting as long as they don't use it as walk in music this will be amazing

This is what I was going to say... If the play a song between each fight to keep the crowd entertained while the fighter make it to the rin and all it will not be bad as long as they keep the fights as the primary concern and then Megadeth as a filler between bouts it should be pretty cool...
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/19/08 12:38:18PM

Posted by jimmypockets

Megadeth!!!????!!!!! I guess Poison was already booked? Sorry not a fan but glad it makes someone happy

those 2 bands are not comparable

iwannabesedated
6/19/08 2:53:27PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by jimmypockets

those 2 bands are not comparable

Yeah Really....Heavy Metal and Hair metal are two different things...But judging by his taste in music it really dont surprise me.

Megadeth is awesome....They also have an affliction shirt so that maybe a reason why they asked to book them.

Misfits also have an affliction shirt..Be awesome if Glen Would do a show..Because anyone other then Danzig singing is not the misfits.