Meeting Liddell.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Meeting Liddell.
Mayhem13
2/7/08 12:53:58PM
going to meet Chuck Liddell tonight in Cleveland, for a book signing/discussion... looking forward to it, but not really sure what to expect.

anyone ever been to one of these signings/discusions before?

I am hoping I can ask a few questions about his upcoming fight with Shogun and how he see's the Henderson/Silva fight playing out.

emfleek
2/7/08 1:06:34PM
Ask him if he wants to make an avatar bet!

Mayhem13
2/7/08 1:15:17PM
haha I will tell him that you made an avatar of him and Mayhem Miller making out.....and edit a mohawk on the other guy.....
emfleek
2/7/08 1:25:43PM
And ask him if that's really him that runs his MySpace page.

I say it's not.

My cousin says it is.

I can almost guarantee I'm right. Well, because I'm pretty much never wrong. That's why.
Boo_Radley21
2/7/08 2:09:24PM
Ask him where his title is.

That's pretty cool though that you're meeting him you should call him out.
Mayhem13
2/7/08 2:31:38PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Ask him where his title is.

That's pretty cool though that you're meeting him you should call him out.

I might call him out, I only have less then 6 months worth of Jits training and only weigh about 155....but its cool..I will let him hit me a few times, so he isnt too embarassed..then I will leap in the air and catch him in a flying Triangle Choke, and make him tapout.
emfleek
2/7/08 2:34:27PM
His book is damn good, by the way. I just finished it at lunch.

*belch*
Mayhem13
2/7/08 2:36:53PM
yeah, I am almost finished with it.. I like it a lot.. MAtt Hughes book wsnt bad either.
DCRage
2/7/08 2:38:14PM
I'm probably going to get it at some point, I hear it's been getting excellent reviews. As for the meeting, try and get some good photo ops, maybe one of both of you doing his post-match posing or a staredown or something. (Sorry, can't think of anything better right now)
Mayhem13
2/7/08 2:40:21PM
I was thinking about doing that staredwon thing for a pic, as it would be awesome to have....

but I would feel like a dork, asking him to do that in the middle of a bookstore......so hopefully, some other dork does it first...haha..then I am down
Mayhem13
2/7/08 11:32:13PM
quick run through of what went down.

QandA

Chuck said he is fighting Shogun next, and it should be a good one.

On Hendo vs Spider- 2 of his favorite fighters to watch, and hes excited about it....and thinks Hendois very hard to hurt and he should be able to take Silva down pretty easily....but never actually picked a winner

on Tito vs Frank- Sounds like something Tito would ask for (although he hasnt heard anything about it) .. because Tito likes to pick on people smalle rthen him, and that he thinks he can beat..he doesnt like fighting pople who will give him a challenge.

on Lesnar - Definately has a future in the sport if he wants it, but was asking for a loss taking on Mir in his second pro fight.

on the title/retiring- hopes to get a shot by the end of the year, and doesnt plan on retiring if he wins it...or if he doesnt...he will fight till his body wont let him anymore

on the Couture thing- He's tryed to stay away from it...and not listen to the whole thing...but thinks Randy is doing it for publicity, and said Dana and Lorenzo are not Liars...

then I met him got my books signed, and got a picture with him...doing the Weigh-ins stare down thing...

dude has some HUGE/WIDE shoulders... he was a lot bigger then he looks on TV
telnights
2/8/08 12:58:05AM

Posted by Mayhem13

quick run through of what went down.

QandA

Chuck said he is fighting Shogun next, and it should be a good one.

On Hendo vs Spider- 2 of his favorite fighters to watch, and hes excited about it....and thinks Hendois very hard to hurt and he should be able to take Silva down pretty easily....but never actually picked a winner

on Tito vs Frank- Sounds like something Tito would ask for (although he hasnt heard anything about it) .. because Tito likes to pick on people smalle rthen him, and that he thinks he can beat..he doesnt like fighting pople who will give him a challenge.

on Lesnar - Definately has a future in the sport if he wants it, but was asking for a loss taking on Mir in his second pro fight.

on the title/retiring- hopes to get a shot by the end of the year, and doesnt plan on retiring if he wins it...or if he doesnt...he will fight till his body wont let him anymore

on the Couture thing- He's tryed to stay away from it...and not listen to the whole thing...but thinks Randy is doing it for publicity, and said Dana and Lorenzo are not Liars...

then I met him got my books signed, and got a picture with him...doing the Weigh-ins stare down thing...

dude has some HUGE/WIDE shoulders... he was a lot bigger then he looks on TV

Cool man thanks for the info. Did you at least get a picture?
Mayhem13
2/8/08 1:02:28AM
haha yeah I did the Stare Down pose with him
cmill21
2/8/08 1:22:20AM

Posted by Mayhem13

haha yeah I did the Stare Down pose with him

Post it unless you consider whats going on in your avtar as a "staredown pose".
Mayhem13
2/8/08 1:24:39AM
once I get it developed I will, I forgot the digital, and had to pick up one of those disposables on the way there...

and No, it wasnt that stare down....
emfleek
2/8/08 8:51:21AM
Make eye-love to me, Iceman!
stock
2/8/08 9:22:26AM
Yeah, one of my co-workers was taking a flight from Austin to Cleveland yesterday and Chuck Liddell was sitting right in front of him on the plane with his wife.
He called me at my desk from the plane to let me know.
He said that chuck pretty much just reclined and went to sleep the second he sat down and slept the entire 2:45 flight. His wife was very social and friendly and was talking to the other passengers during the entire flight.
Afterward he said that Chuck graciously signed a lot of autographs and posed for pictures while he was waiting for checked luggage.
I was so frickin jeallous!
THE_DRiZzLE
2/8/08 11:08:43PM

Posted by stock

Yeah, one of my co-workers was taking a flight from Austin to Cleveland yesterday and Chuck Liddell was sitting right in front of him on the plane with his wife.
He called me at my desk from the plane to let me know.
He said that chuck pretty much just reclined and went to sleep the second he sat down and slept the entire 2:45 flight. His wife was very social and friendly and was talking to the other passengers during the entire flight.
Afterward he said that Chuck graciously signed a lot of autographs and posed for pictures while he was waiting for checked luggage.
I was so frickin jeallous!

aint that the shit.. reminds of when I was nine and went to Disney World.. well on the flight back to WI Brutas the Barber Beefcake from WWF was on my flight.. I was nine and of course new he was and tried like hell to get his sig yo.. but he was a total A-HOLE.. trying to ignore everyone including myself.. I even followed him into a bar @ the airport, thinking he would dodge us that way, but in the end I got the graph and then @ a later time I burned it.. what a prick.. sorry just reminded me of that..