Meet the Superhumans

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Meet the Superhumans
grappler0000
8/27/12 12:02:12PM
Thought this was pretty badass...

Video
postman
8/27/12 12:22:27PM
You have to love people who focus on their abilites and don't dwell on their disabilities. Bravo to all involved.
cowcatcher
8/27/12 12:31:16PM

Posted by postman

You have to love people who focus on their abilites and don't dwell on their disabilities. Bravo to all involved.

Agreed, there was a piece on sportscenter about a kid with cerebral palsy who chose to run the 400 at his school's field day yesterday that had me tearing up. It's great to see how positive someone's outlook can be even though we generally look at them and feel pity. In so many cases that's not what they want anyone to feel for them and that amazes me, especially coming from kids.

PE playing on that video made it all the better BTW.
george112
8/27/12 12:32:29PM
postman
8/27/12 1:00:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

Agreed, there was a piece on sportscenter about a kid with cerebral palsy who chose to run the 400 at his school's field day yesterday that had me tearing up. It's great to see how positive someone's outlook can be even though we generally look at them and feel pity. In so many cases that's not what they want anyone to feel for them and that amazes me, especially coming from kids.

My son has CP and just learned to walk without assitance last year he was 11! He also has Autism which didn't make it any eaiser. This year he has made huge improvements swimming and he can float on his back longer then anyone I ever seen. I was trying to post videos of him learning to walk. I used to train a pro fighter while I was running his camp I would bring my son and have him work on standing and walking on the matted floor then one day he just took off!
cowcatcher
8/27/12 1:14:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

My son has CP and just learned to walk without assitance last year he was 11! He also has Autism which didn't make it any eaiser. This year he has made huge improvements swimming and he can float on his back longer then anyone I ever seen. I was trying to post videos of him learning to walk. I used to train a pro fighter while I was running his camp I would bring my son and have him work on standing and walking on the matted floor then one day he just took off!

That's awesome man. I know a lot of kids with CP aren't ever supposed to walk so that's an amazing accomplishment. I can't imagine the pride you felt the day he took his first steps.
Theoutlaw08
8/27/12 2:58:05PM
Instant inspiration...I make excuses at times to skip work outs. Every time I see clips like this I realize I take things for granted. Superhumans like that, inspire the people who cannot be inspired. Two
Theoutlaw08
8/27/12 2:59:46PM

Posted by postman

Thats awesome. Great news. I owe you some props. Great achievement.