After Move and Medication, Jens Pulver To Return To WEC Cage in 2010

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After Move and Medication, Jens Pulver To Return To WEC Cage in 2010
emfleek
10/30/09 2:41:29PM
Jens Pulver is planning to bring a little evil back to the WEC cage one more time.

The former UFC lightweight champion and MMA legend, who has not been heard from since losing to Josh Grispi in June and was assumed to be finished as an active fighter, plans to return to featherweight action in early 2010, he told FanHouse.

"I'm going to fight again," he said. "And I'm about as confident as I possibly can be."

LINK
fizzle
10/30/09 2:56:33PM
Great interview from Jens, I hope everything comes together for him this time!
cowcatcher
10/30/09 2:58:47PM
its so hard to not like and feel empathy for this guy. i really hope he has a little gas left in the tank and can make 1 more run of stringing a couple of wins together, because i think if he loses his next fight it may be enough for him to call it a career.
ncordless
10/30/09 3:30:01PM
I hope they put him in a reasonable match-up.
Giant_Ochai
10/30/09 5:14:26PM

Posted by ncordless

I hope they put him in a reasonable match-up.

Like who? It wasn't Grispi's fault that Jens handed him the guillotine on a silver platter.
jae_1833
10/30/09 9:19:48PM
"The only legacy I got is one: I'm as real as can be," he said. "I wore my heart on my sleeve. I gave my fans honesty from the day I started. I think I was one of the most genuine fighters out there, and if that's my legacy, that's cool with me."

Tha's a pretty cool quote if you ask me!
Chuteboxer
10/30/09 10:10:24PM
Well, I'd prefer it if he didn't ever fight again, but I support Jens no matter what. he's always been one of my favorite fighters from the beginning. I wish him the best of luck, and God willing, this time he'll get a win.
higdon10
10/30/09 10:28:55PM
I wish him the best, but I dont expect to see him have much success, if any at all.