UFC 81 Medical Suspensions Issued to Six Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 81 Medical Suspensions Issued to Six Fighters
juanez13
2/4/08 3:45:58PM
The full list includes:

Tim Sylvia — suspended until March 3 with no contact until Feb. 24 for precautionary reasons (third-round submission loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira)
Frank Mir — suspended until March 3 with no contact until Feb. 24 due to a scalp laceration (first-round submission win over Brock Lesnar)
Kyle Bradley — suspended until March 19 with no contact until March 2 due to a facial laceration (first-round KO loss to Chris Lytle)
David Heath — must have nasal fracture cleared by a doctor or suspended until Aug. 1; minimum suspension until April 3 with no contact until March 19 (first-round TKO loss to Tim Boetsch)
Marvin Eastman — suspended until March 2 with no contact until Feb. 24 due to right upper-eyelid laceration (unanimous-decision victory over Terry Martin)
Keita Nakamura — suspended until March 19 with no contact until March 2 for precautionary reason (split-decision loss to Rob Emerson)

LINK
StevenSeagal
2/4/08 4:03:06PM
weird that Nog didnt get a suspension... For general purposes at least... His face was pretty beat up.
jiujitsufreak74
2/4/08 4:14:01PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

weird that Nog didnt get a suspension... For general purposes at least... His face was pretty beat up.

i was thinking the exact same thing. he took a sever beating and he should have been suspended longer than sylvia was. nog looked preety banged up and to have no suspension at all is odd, it is probably that juanez missed it because otherwise it makes no sense to me. i mean for christ's sake his eye was nearly closed shut.
kevietre
2/4/08 4:49:10PM
Heath got the worst beatdown of 81 but it was fun to watch
DCRage
2/4/08 5:53:19PM
Actually, Nog did get suspended. Sylvia did not, according to the official NSAC document:
Nog is suspended until 3/2, no contact until 2/24.

NSAC Document (PDF)
jomatty
2/4/08 6:40:39PM
i was wondering what in the world sylvia got suspended for. it doesnt take long to recover from getting choked out and he didnt take much punishment in the fight.
Ordep
2/4/08 8:44:55PM

Posted by DCRage

Actually, Nog did get suspended. Sylvia did not, according to the official NSAC document:
Nog is suspended until 3/2, no contact until 2/24.

NSAC Document (PDF)

hmmm.... based on that document the man who fought Silvya was Little Nog (Rogeiro) , Minotaouro's second name is Rodrigo

The Bros' are cheating!!!
JimiMak
2/4/08 9:15:33PM
Brock could fight as early as they want him to, more or less, either make him prove hmself or burn off the contract w/ a fight at 84 or 85 maybe
Kracker_Jap
2/4/08 9:34:18PM

Posted by JimiMak

Brock could fight as early as they want him to, more or less, either make him prove hmself or burn off the contract w/ a fight at 84 or 85 maybe

I just saw it on mmaweekly in the rumors section at 85
RMFG_187
2/12/08 2:21:09PM
Heath had an embarasing night, but kyle bradley? wow i have never seen them (UFC) put a first timer in with such a great opponent. that was pure OWNAGE. surprised Kyle didnt have brain damage or summin, he was grapling the ref!