McKee Seven Pounds Overweight, Stripped of MFC LW Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » McKee Seven Pounds Overweight, Stripped of MFC LW Title
Poor_Franklin
1/26/12 5:20:26PM
Antonio McKee has been stripped of the Maximum Fighting Championship lightweight title after coming in seven pounds overweight at Thursday’s MFC 32weigh-ins.

McKee will still face Brian Cobb in the co-main event, but it will now be a three-round non-title affair. Sherdog.com confirmed the news with an MFC official on Thursday, who also verified that McKee will be released by the promotion following his bout with Cobb.

LINK
Budgellism
1/26/12 5:26:37PM
I don't like this guy at all. This solidifies it.
Bubbles
1/26/12 5:35:10PM
wow and to think i actually cheered for him at one point (always disliked Volkmann)
prophecy033
1/26/12 5:40:49PM
Damn, that's pretty harsh but you know what, I like it. It's unprofessional to not make weight and I bet he never forgets what happens when you miss weight. Him and Rumble must be buddies
Twenty20Dollars
1/26/12 6:04:52PM
I'm just thinking, who cares at this point? I don't.
pmoney
1/26/12 8:23:08PM
I often forget that a lot of fighters are very dumb.... Remember when McKee was brought in to fight Volkmann, and he was talking that talk? Saying he'd have the UFC LW belt in 2012?

Fast forward to present day 2012, after dude got cut for losing his UFC debut. What's happening with your career, Antonio? Oh, you're getting stripped of your MFC title for being severly overweight?

If only Red Forman were here to call Mandingo a jackass....
Kpro
1/26/12 8:32:55PM

Posted by pmoney

and he was talking that talk? Saying he'd have the UFC LW belt in 2012?

He could have the UFC LW belt in 2012 to be honest.

I'm not sure how tight security is at Frankie Edgar's house.
prophecy033
1/26/12 9:04:45PM
It's Jersey, only thing that's tight is the haircuts